Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No power under 2000 rpm

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 10:09 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

Default RE: No power under 2000 rpm

ford intended it to keep people who buy mustangs from doin stupid ****, or having fun. just helps them not have to do warantee work
Old 08-17-2007, 11:14 AM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

Damn electronic throttle bodies. Always taken the fun away
Old 08-17-2007, 01:01 PM
Supernaut
2nd Gear Member

My 07 is a manual. Do you really think they put a torque limiter to squelch the power under 2000 rpm? If so it's total overkill, as I have to rev to motor and play the clutch to move out from a stop, rather than just be gentle withthe throttle. It's not right.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:11 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

There is built in throttle lag besides the torque management system.

Get an intake and tune or atleast a 93 octane tune for your stock airbox. Do it now, no one is going to void your warranty, just reflash back to stock before you take it to the dealer.

ORIGINAL: Supernaut

My 07 is a manual. Do you really think they put a torque limiter to squelch the power under 2000 rpm? If so it's total overkill, as I have to rev to motor and play the clutch to move out from a stop, rather than just be gentle withthe throttle. It's not right.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:06 PM
Valyndiir

Bah, people will do stupid @#$% regardless of a limiter. Ford seems to think that "safety features" that turn a popular muscle car into grannymobiles will somehow make them more appealing to whiners who don't understand or respect machines for what they are. Obviously this will fix all of their problems since it worked for everyone else!

[sm=wakeup.gif]

It really makes it more dangerous in my opinion. Trying to pull out in traffic can turn into an ugly situation if your car refuses to do anything more than lurch. The roads of the town I live in were designed to flow with the natural drainage of the land, thus they are curvy and lined with thick trees and brush. Several times I have pulled across these near-blind intersections that were suddenly invaded with traffic while my car was hesitating and needed to move quick. Pairing unpredictable throttle response with a resistant stick shift is bad news. I have found that turning the traction control off helps quite a bit in reducing the throttle lag. That might be just me. The suspension/traction set up was not meant to handle the power of the engine. It was meant to have a reasonably smooth ride without a lot of road noise but with some giddy-up. For most of us this defeats the purpose of the car.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:25 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

I agree....

This car is so tame its boring. You cant even feel the engine when sitting there idling. Muscle car??? More like 2 door Ford Five Hundred.

I put on tranny torque limiters, 1pc driveshaft, suspension mods etc etc, and now the thing shakes and rumbles like a beast. Starting it up is the scariest thing ever for people in the passenger seat. Their body shakes and they hear immense pops from the exhaust. But obviously you shouldn't have to spend $1500 to turn what you bought as a muscle car into a real muscle car.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:56 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Man you do not know the car you have until you wake it up with the C/L CAI and Brenspeed Tune. Snooze you loose. It's your choice.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:35 PM
KEELENTIME

ORIGINAL: moosestang

There is built in throttle lag besides the torque management system.

Get an intake and tune or atleast a 93 octane tune for your stock airbox. Do it now, no one is going to void your warranty, just reflash back to stock before you take it to the dealer.
does the tune completely disable the "torque limiter"? Like most I allways WANT more horsepower, but I NEED to get rid of this ****ing torque limiter.....
Old 08-18-2007, 02:31 AM
Drew47000000
3rd Gear Member

I agree....

This car is so tame its boring. You cant even feel the engine when sitting there idling. Muscle car??? More like 2 door Ford Five Hundred.

I put on tranny torque limiters, 1pc driveshaft, suspension mods etc etc, and now the thing shakes and rumbles like a beast. Starting it up is the scariest thing ever for people in the passenger seat. Their body shakes and they hear immense pops from the exhaust. But obviously you shouldn't have to spend $1500 to turn what you bought as a muscle car into a real muscle car.
Tell me more about this shaking/rumbling thing lol!!! Sounds to me like having the gf in the passenger seat just took an all new meaning hahahaa!! When you say you PUT ON tranny torque limiters whats that mean? I thought the stangs already had em from ford, other than that is it jus tthe 1pc driveshaft that makes the car more like a true muscle car??? Also does having a stick mean that I dont have these torque converters/limiters or whatever?? Thanks so much for your time!!!!
Old 08-18-2007, 12:33 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

You will never get rid of the initial limit that Ford has put on. Sorry... Even a tune won't get rid of it but will help some. The only other option you have is to reset the computer everytime you drive. That is by turning on the ignition and slowly depressing the gas pedal so that it's being pressed slowly to the ground for 10 seconds.

Someone help... that is the correct way right!?!?!?

Quick Reply: No power under 2000 rpm