Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sUPERCHARGER OR TURBO...PLEASE HELP.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:20 AM
deemo

Default sUPERCHARGER OR TURBO...PLEASE HELP.

Igot a 07' mustang GT and trying to find the right scharger or tcharger for my car. I have currently installed the SLP Powerflow x-pipes, SLP Loudmouths, Airaid intake, Eibach Pro kit and BMR Tower strut.Will be installing 3.90's and Hurst shifter in the next couple of weeks. My car is a daily driver but I also want a scharger or tcharger that will give me the less problems but also do well on a dragstrip. Tnx
Old 08-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Default RE: sUPERCHARGER OR TURBO...PLEASE HELP.

Well everyone will reccomend a Whipple or Kenne Bell SC, and 3.73 gears not 3.90's. Also I am assuming the 3.90's aren't FRPP. You might want to go ahead and rethink that if it's the case and get the FRPP 3.73's.

If I were you I would go with the Whipple, only because I love the WHINE of a SC.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:37 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i like the kenne bells
Old 08-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

I like the Kenne Bell for all cars but ours. Again, only for the sake of the Whine. If the new Kenne Bell would whine like the old ones, then I would say Kenne Bell cause it is such a monster of a blower....
Old 08-18-2007, 03:33 PM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Boozshey

Well everyone will reccomend a Whipple or Kenne Bell SC, and 3.73 gears not 3.90's. Also I am assuming the 3.90's aren't FRPP. You might want to go ahead and rethink that if it's the case and get the FRPP 3.73's.

If I were you I would go with the Whipple, only because I love the WHINE of a SC.
HE PRETTY MUCH NAILED IT! +1
Old 08-18-2007, 03:38 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

A turbo will outperform an sc at the same psi if thats what your asking
Old 08-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Local Yokel
2nd Gear Member

Kenne Bell for sound and low end grunt. Vortech for upper end grunt. Turbo for all out grunt. NOS for instant grunt. Flux Capacitor for maximumholey**** grunt ..
Old 08-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

what about centrifugal superchargers? like procharger? is the p1sc good enough?

[/align]
Old 08-18-2007, 11:46 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

After doing a lot of research and asking around, I've pretty much decided on the Whipple HO (closely tied with Ford.....which is a good thing) or the Kenne Bell 2.6L
Hard to say exactly which is better, as the Whipple puts out more peak boost, and slightly more power then the KB, but that may be a problem with stock internals. Whipple takes pride in their "tune" and says its the most advanced in the industry, which may save problems down the road, but KB doesnt seem to cheap out either on R&D. Either one will be awesome, and give you tons of torque, which is what you want for a street car. Imagine cruising on the highway, just over 2000 RPM, and flooring the gas with 400 lb-ft of torque right NOW......thats passing power....and pretty amazing. The torque an SC makes means you wouldnt even have to redline if you didnt want to, short shift at 4500-5500 RPM, save wear and stress on your engine, yet still accelerate at the same rate!. I guess if I blow an engine doing my normal driving (I dont race, so the stress my engine would recieve will be low on average) it give me an excuse to buy the new Ford Racing forged bottom end (including block) for $4500......hahaha.
Biggest thing to watch is the A/F ratio.....buy and Autometer gauge set or something (looks kickass.....search for Whipple mustang on youtube.....) and keep an eye on it......any more then 12.5 full throttle...probably time to back off for a sec.

Soon, I will join the 400+ RWHP club........and all will be well in the world!.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:56 AM
Local Yokel
2nd Gear Member

As soon as you join the 400 club you will want to join the 500 and so on. Its a vicious circle LOL ...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: sUPERCHARGER OR TURBO...PLEASE HELP.