Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Convertible top vinyl cracking around the glass?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 01:15 PM
NewRoushPonyOwner
2nd Gear Member

Default Convertible top vinyl cracking around the glass?!

Calling all vert owners, I need some input! I took my car into the dealer and showed them how the seam where the vinyl top meets the glass is separating and even cracking in a few spots. They said they should be able to fix it under warranty, it has to go through their parts manager, blah blah blah and they took a bunch of pictures. Now this dealer did manage to get my Roush light bar replaced due to a small fit and finish type issue, and I really hope I can have my top replaced instead of a 'quick fix' that may not work. So, has anyone else had this kind of issue, and if so how did it get fixed? I'm really curious because I'm going to ask if I can pay to upgrade to a cloth top if it will be getting replaced, that would be righteous! [sm=icon_rock.gif]

*its cracking around the rear window, the dealer guy said its the glass delaminating from the vinyl and it will have to be totally replaced. I'll definitely be upgrading to cloth! [sm=happy046.gif]
Old 08-18-2007, 01:52 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Default RE: Convertible top vinyl cracking around the glass?!

ORIGINAL: NewRoushPonyOwner

Calling all vert owners, I need some input! I took my car into the dealer and showed them how the seam where the vinyl top meets the glass is separating and even cracking in a few spots. They said they should be able to fix it under warranty, it has to go through their parts manager, blah blah blah and they took a bunch of pictures. Now this dealer did manage to get my Roush light bar replaced due to a small fit and finish type issue, and I really hope I can have my top replaced instead of a 'quick fix' that may not work. So, has anyone else had this kind of issue, and if so how did it get fixed? I'm really curious because I'm going to ask if I can pay to upgrade to a cloth top if it will be getting replaced, that would be righteous! [sm=icon_rock.gif]inyl
Auto makers who cant get a soft top vert right?
Thats why I didnt get a vert.
They just dont look like they hold up and would
degrade and become leakers over time. They
can send a man to the moon but not make a
vert that does not leak over time?
Old 08-18-2007, 02:06 PM
saltzy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Convertible top vinyl cracking around the glass?!

Wherabouts exactly? The door glass or the rear window glass?