Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just striped my car, what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 12:10 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Just striped my car, what do you think?

ORIGINAL: StantheMan

Very, Very Nice, does anyone have a link for BSM?
It's to the right>. Baltimore Street Mods
Old 08-24-2007, 08:55 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Just striped my car, what do you think?

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

ORIGINAL: edgespeeder06

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

ORIGINAL: edgespeeder06

now how hard was it? i wanna put black stripes on mine but Im not sure as to how much time it'll actually stay on, dealership told me not to do it because it'll peel off since it wasnt done when the car was freshly painted
Your dealer is on crack, they will not peel off(if installed properly, per BSM instructions). They'll probably fade(if left outdoors for extended periods over the course of 4-5 years) before they'll peel.
To install, it takes patience(if doing it yourself) and heat(installing on a warm, 80+ degree day, makes the stripes adhere much easier, but your working in extreme conditions, so make sure there's plenty of sun block and cold liquids to drink). I had them installed, but a boo-boo on the front bumper(flying crap on freeway hit the front and luckily just scratchedthe stripes, but not the paint)and I re-striped the bumper myself(I'd definitely tackle an entire job now), it took about two hours to do the front bumper, but I took my time and the stripes went on perfect the first time with hardly any bubbles(which made squeegeeing easy)and still look great and haven't shifted or bubbled up anywhere. I say if you want stripes, do it, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner(trust me).
yea worst part was that i wanted to have it put on the car when i got it, since it was sitting in the showroom and hadnt been outside often and the guy said it would peel, I could've still had them put on the car at that point and added it to my car price, I want the one that has the big stripe in the middle with one smaller stripe to each side of it. I think its put on the pony package mustangs, im not sure, or where to get it.
You're thinking of the Super Stripe, BSM should have it, check with them. I nearly went that route, but liked the classic Shelby looking stripes. Good luck to you with your plans.
thank you! yea I was thinking about the duel stripes but mine isnt really a racer and I wanted the other ones -- the super stripe since its more of a boss resembleance stripe

any idea if the local dealers sell it too or any other site?