Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

damn people at mister carwash

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 01:45 PM
WhoMe
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: damn people at mister carwash

I detail cars on the side and I've learned a lot. The first lesson I learned was that you never ever ever ever take your car to a car wash tunnel. Those brushes and thier terry cloth drying towels WILL scratch and swirl out your finish! If you care about your car you wont take it there...hand wash always. Hell pay somone else to hand wash it if you dont want to. And if its cold or you just want a quick hose off....find a car wash that has a touchless laser wash.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:53 PM
sailing220
4th Gear Member

My friend actually suggested that I go to the local high school dance team's carwash fundraiser. I laughed in his face...no way a bunch of high school girls gonna touch my car.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:35 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

You guys are alittle ****, no offense.

I used to work at one of those types of car washes, and i swear on my life 40% of the cars taht came through were Bentlys, Mazzeraties (sp), and other high end exotic cars. We took as much care as possible with their rides as if they were our own. Our tunnel was a very good one that does NOT leave any scratches on the car, not at all.

I have taken my car through there many times and had 0 problems. Sure there are inferior carwash tunnels out there that will scratch the **** out of your car, but the new ones are much much better. I used to hate the people that stood by their car as we drove it up and stood there up our a$$ while we did our job. Id acually spray them with the hose just to get the point accross that im not going to steal anything or scratch their car.

There are good places out there that will take plenty good care of your cars, trust me, i was one of them.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:40 PM
nkx1
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sailing220

My friend actually suggested that I go to the local high school dance team's carwash fundraiser. I laughed in his face...no way a bunch of high school girls gonna touch my car.
If they are 18 or over (or 16 in Nevada), they can touch me, just not my car lol.

I can't believe people actually let fundraiser groups wash their car. I wouldn't let them get anywhere near my car. I would potentially allow them to wash my car if I had a total beater, but that would just be so I could watchtheir nice little ***** and a$$es. I'm 29 and have a gf, but it can't hurt to look (and touch a little sometimes lol).
Old 08-19-2007, 02:43 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nkx1

ORIGINAL: sailing220

If they are 18 or over (or 16 in Nevada), they can touch me, just not my car lol.

I can't believe people actually let fundraiser groups wash their car. I wouldn't let them get anywhere near my car. I would potentially allow them to wash my car if I had a total beater, but that would just be so I could watchtheir nice little ***** and a$$es. I'm 29 and have a gf, but it can't hurt to look (and touch a little sometimes lol).
Ok thats just a little creepy
Old 08-19-2007, 02:49 PM
nkx1
2nd Gear Member

Creepy is obviously a subjective assessment; just being honest. You can't tell me (assuming you're straight) that you're not attracted tohot 18 year old chicks.

**Sorry, a little off topic!
Old 08-19-2007, 02:54 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

I take mine to the local car wash because it is just too damn hot and I work 6-7 days a week, would rather spend what lil time I get off with my kids. The only complaint I have with the car washes is the "professional" drivers who sit there and rev my engine [:@]. I always will go comfront them and have to fight the urge to pistol whip them.[sm=shootshoot.gif]
Old 08-19-2007, 02:54 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

Well im 20 so yes, i am. Thats not the part i was reffering to though, lol. It was the 16 year old comment.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:58 PM
nkx1
2nd Gear Member

The 16 yo comment was in jest. Sorry, i should have more prominently emphasized that.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:03 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohsixgt1217

You guys are alittle ****, no offense.

I used to work at one of those types of car washes, and i swear on my life 40% of the cars taht came through were Bentlys, Mazzeraties (sp), and other high end exotic cars. We took as much care as possible with their rides as if they were our own. Our tunnel was a very good one that does NOT leave any scratches on the car, not at all.

I have taken my car through there many times and had 0 problems. Sure there are inferior carwash tunnels out there that will scratch the **** out of your car, but the new ones are much much better. I used to hate the people that stood by their car as we drove it up and stood there up our a$$ while we did our job. Id acually spray them with the hose just to get the point accross that im not going to steal anything or scratch their car.

There are good places out there that will take plenty good care of your cars, trust me, i was one of them.
Not a little ****, a LOT
If it isn't a 100% hand wash, I wouldn't dare subject my car to an automated car wash(not because it's a Mustang, I wouldn't take my 2000 Frontier Crew Cab either), just because it could lead to something going wrong just once and you're mad for taking it there forever.
Although washing it myself keeps me abreast of what's happening to my car(nicks, chips, tar, etc.), plus it saves me untold amounts of $$$$ doing it myself too.
To me, it's like letting someoneyou don't knowwash your clothes JMHO

Quick Reply: damn people at mister carwash