MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   HIDS in Driving lights "fogs" only? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/333803-hids-in-driving-lights-fogs-only.html)

5SPD07GT 08-19-2007 05:07 PM

HIDS in Driving lights "fogs" only?

Anyone running HIDs in the "fog" driving lights and none in the main headlights? If so whats your thoughts and how well do they light things up? I am considering doing this. They are H10 right? Thanks

markiemark 08-19-2007 05:32 PM

RE: HIDS in Driving lights "fogs" only?

I have the fogs right now in a 8000k and they look great. But the headlights are on there way....I hope!

5SPD07GT 08-19-2007 05:34 PM

where did you buy them from? pics at nite? i was thinking of going with a 6000k

Nixtang 08-19-2007 05:56 PM

I just installed the Saleen HIDs last week, and I've gotta tell you, I can't really tell the difference with thedriving lightson/off anymore. In fact, the Saleen HIDs light up the road so well, I'm thinking about taking my GT grill anddriving lightsoff and replacing it with a CDC billet grill.

I think it works our better, anyway - when I would drive with all four lights on at once, oncoming drivers would always flash their high beams at me thinking that I had mine on as well.

For the guy that has an HID kit in the driving lights, have you noticed an increase in aggitated oncoming drivers? You can't really aim those things, so I would assume that those lights could blind someone more than the "aim-able" headlights...

Nick

5SPD07GT 08-19-2007 06:04 PM

my thinking was that i'd run the driving lights only and keep the main headlights off. the driving lights point doward more so this would elminate blinding people and i'd always have the option of turning them off and using just the normal headlights. I dont have the money to drop a grand into saleens although i'm sure they are killer.

Nixtang 08-19-2007 06:06 PM

ORIGINAL: 5SPD07GT

my thinking was that i'd run the driving lights only and keep the main headlights off. the driving lights point doward more so this would elminate blinding people and i'd always have the option of turning them off and using just the normal headlights. I dont have the money to drop a grand into saleens although i'm sure they are killer.
Who makes the kit that you're looking at, and how much do they cost? Just curious...

Nick

5SPD07GT 08-19-2007 06:12 PM

i'm not looking at any specific kit yet. i'm trying to decide which is the best option for my budget right now. I bought a hid kit off ebay for my F150,$130 shipped/low beam only, and they worked awesome. All plug and play, simple isntall, but the cutoff wasnt there. After i put on the lift and 35in tires i sold them because it was rite in everyones eyes. I maybe buy the same kit for the mustang but rite now nothing specific. Thats another reason for the driving lights, i can just get a low beam only set and my headlights will still have the hi/lo option.

schapman 08-19-2007 08:33 PM

have you tried turning on your fog and headlights on agains a wall? The fog have a worse cutoff than the headlights. you would be blinding more people with the HID fog that the HID headlights.

D_Gusler 08-20-2007 07:39 PM

I have HIDs in the fogs & headlights
1) I only use the fogs around & before dusk due to their "brightness" and lack of aiming/cutoff pattern is non-existant

2) they kick ass, but expect to be high-beamed alot--esp at night.

5SPD07GT 08-20-2007 08:02 PM

hows the cut offs in just the reg headlight with hids?