Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PRE-PAINTED ROUSH SPOILERS???

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 05:44 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Default RE: PRE-PAINTED ROUSH SPOILERS???

I was going to go with Legend after seeing how big the Roush was and after seeing the Cervinis was held on the sides by tape.

But gefracing.com no longer has a legend section, soooo, it may be a no go either!
Old 08-20-2007, 05:51 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

i hear you ohnoesaz.. if i ever, i hope not, but if i ever rear end someone, and its nothing more than facia damage, i want to replace the front wiht a roush.. i think it looks good.. but i like the roush spoiler bc it reminds me of a drag spoiler..

but i can see what you mean about the angles and such..

Old 08-20-2007, 06:20 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

your not lowered are you.....color and ride height are different betwen our cars maybe thats what your seeing but on black and lowered it looks bada$$, I will most likely put the roush front on as well.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:26 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

I dunno man.... I disagree. But I hope you're right because I may bite and do the roush anyways, even if I don't think it looks quite right.
As far as the price goes, if you call the guy i mentioned in my first post on this thread, you can get the spoiler painted and all shipped to your door straight from the Roushfactoryfor $325-$350......

As far as installation on a stock rear bumper, every rearbumper on a roush mustang is stock. The only thing that makes the rear ends look different is that there are 3 small pieces that install on the bottom of the GT stock bumber, and the bumper has to be trimmed to fit the roush exhaust (This is on the Stage-1 through Stage-3 Roush's). ALSO, the Roush 427R Mustang has a completely stock rear bumper just like any other GT out there.

Installation is pretty simple using the stock holes on the decklid. However, you will need to drill some holes for the small side pieces, but that would be simple as long as you get the template taped on correctly.

As far as how it looks from all angles, I love it, and, just like what was stated above, I get nothing but compliments about it....

Here are some pics.....

Old 08-20-2007, 06:45 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

I wish you didnt put up those pics because you just got me curious again... Again, it looks kinda big for a daily driver on the street, but those pics actually aren't THAT big....

Anyways the guy's original post is answered and I hope he goes for it! I probably will very soon... I'd have to stripe it myself to save money but that shouldn't be a huge deal.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:12 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daniel06GT

I got my Roush Louvers from them painted and the quality is perfect.
http://www.texashotrods.com/storefro...mp;i=191461326

-DG
+1 with Daniel. Send a PM to Lizzie over at THR. She will hook you up.

Mike
Old 08-20-2007, 07:19 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

There's a guy up the street from me who drives an '05 Legend Lime GT. He has the Roush spoiler, painted matte black, and it actually looks pretty good! May be something to consider.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:17 PM
Secter
1st Gear Member

I went through this whole debate as well for deciding who to order to. I noticed that some dealers indirectly stated that they themselves did the painting versus some stated it was painted directly at Roush. I watched a TV episode about the Roush process, which they went over their molding and paint process. They have an incredible process along with perfectly matching paint. With that, I decided to order through Roush, but I didn't want to pay the shipping. I called Roush up to try and ****** a promo code from them for free shipping, but they didn't have anything for it. Instead, the sales guy suggested going through one of their resellers - stage3motorsports.com. Stage3MotorSports offered the exact pricing from Roush for the painted pieces, and they also stated it was painted by Roush. Come to find out, the guy just placed a reseller order through Roush, which is actually the ones shipping it to my house. Looks like I got exactly what I wanted - direct from Roush painted and no shipping costs! Saved roughly $60.