Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From a different point of view

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 02:20 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

Default RE: From a different point of view

my car always feels 50 times faster when i let my friend drive it. the best part about that is when you realize how your passengers feel.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:38 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

My insurance agent would just love me......
Old 08-21-2007, 03:27 PM
FyouGitive
3rd Gear Member

A not-very-good-video (p&s digital still camera) of my granddaughter's first autocross run.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI8CDjC4GnY

Yes, quite an experience.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

Great little story Brian, thanks for sharing. It's true that you can't really hear the exhaust sound from the drivers seat, cause the sound is behind you, and the faster you drive the farther away it is. I was having my oil changed, after the headers etc. were installed, while I was in the waiting area I heard a car start up, and I said to myself "damn, that sounds sweet" I get up to see what was making that sweet sound ...........It was mine
Old 08-21-2007, 07:11 PM
JibStyle
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bluestar
I was having my oil changed, after the headers etc. were installed, while I was in the waiting area I heard a car start up, and I said to myself "damn, that sounds sweet" I get up to see what was making that sweet sound ...........It was mine
nice the exact same thing happened with me yesterday... but i only have a cat-back lol. but it still sounded great, and i got to hear the guy rev it up as he backed up the car cuz he wasnt that good at driving manuals apparently. he even stalled my friend's v6 stang lol
Old 08-21-2007, 07:54 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

LOL...This is so true. I did the same thing awhile back when I blew out my knee at work. The other half had to drive the Mustang home, since I could not use the clutch. I drove her Escape home since it's an auto. First time I had ever actually driven behind my Mustang. Totally different perspective. Sounds so much different from the outside, and the appearance is, well, worth the nervous time while she is driving it. I highly recommend doing this at least once......

Mike
Old 08-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

It's true, I love hearing and seeing me car go by.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:14 PM
havoc
2nd Gear Member

All my friends always talked about how loud my car was when I drove away but I didn't think it was too loud b/c I was driving.(BTW, I only got mufflers.) One day I let a friend drive a bit in a parking lot, I stood behind the car as he launched. A big smile came to my face when I heard it, and I now understand what they are talking about.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:14 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

My brother and I have done fly bys in each others car so we could see and hear our own cars.
Loved it. Just note to anyone doing this. Make sure there isn't a cop sitting near by. He was cool and knew exactly why we were doing it so no harm no foul.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Jackies Stang
2nd Gear Member

Lol I start my car in the morning and jump out and run to the back of the car as fast as i can just to hear the exhaust! I know its not thesame but i get a thrill out of it! My neighbors must think i am nuts! I do it every day!

Quick Reply: From a different point of view