Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

What do you guys think...Are you a poser

Old 08-21-2007, 05:19 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What do you guys think...Are you a poser

These are cool ...

and don't really consider them a poser ...

However ... I am always amazed when I see one in a car show and it says 1966 cobra on the window sign .... and they forget to leave the word replica off ...

Old 08-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Gunrnr
1st Gear Member

I ripped the GT emblems off my car. Thought they looked like crap, something out of the 80's. Slapped on the Tri-Bar Pony, love the way it looks now. To each their own. As for being a "poser", your car might be similar to looking like something it isn't, but it's your mouth that will classify your "poser" status.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:31 PM
seniorsmith
3rd Gear Member

I wouldn't put a GT500 front facia on my car, I'dratherhavethe real thing (obviously)...However, I don't consider people that do "posers". I wouldn'tbuy a RoushStage1 or 2 -or- a Saleen"appearance" package (for what they want for them). I would much rather have blownGT than "Shelby/Saleen/Roush" GT.

The other day I saw a used V-6 ata dealership with "GT 350" rocker panel stipes...[sm=lame.gif]
Old 08-21-2007, 05:33 PM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

ammmm, senior here!! its all about class of'08!!! jaja, its not that i worry about it its just that i want to have the best looking 07 mustang specialy because a friend is getting a terminator this year, so my scis on its way, hopefully here by spring

[/align]
[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: Charlie321

This is the sort of thing junior high school kids worry about.
[/blockquote]
Old 08-21-2007, 05:54 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

It aint posing IMO

if you actually have 500 HP'S
Old 08-21-2007, 05:57 PM
Va. Stang
3rd Gear Member

Maybe "poser" was the wrong word... I guess I feel if I had the GT500 front-end my mustang GT would look too much likethe one mustangI wanted but refused to pay too much for. When I see that front-end shot on something I think GT500 thats all. And I have a GT. So looks great but not... I guess I need to buy a GT500 when the mark-up goes away..One of each would be ok...My son would love that... Problem solved.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:30 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Carroll Shelby had nothing to do with the design. Take a look at the prototype Mustang up in the right corner of this site....the GT500 front end is what the original designers wanted in the first place.

Screw Shelby anyway with their $2000 hoods and snotty indifference to customers and fans.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

[/align]
[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: suoperdave84

Carroll Shelby had nothing to do with the design. Take a look at the prototype Mustang up in the right corner of this site....the GT500 front end is what the original designers wanted in the first place.

Screw Shelby anyway with their $2000 hoods and snotty indifference to customers and fans.
i'm waiting for a salvaged or hot one, with the whole front end, hopefully wont take too long[/blockquote]
Old 08-21-2007, 07:28 PM
ratnacage
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chays446

i could care less,,it just a piece of plastic,,do want you want to your car..and dont worry about what other people think....and i wouldnt really consider it posing unless it had everything from engine to wheels to badges..etc....
+1

too may people worrying about what other people think....

Give it a rest, it's your car, your money. When the day comes that other people volunteer to make your car payments for you, then you might consider what they think.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:47 PM
LiLJimmyNorton

Ever watch The Barrett Jackson auctions ? Its full of "clones", Hemi, Boss you name it and they get some pretty respectful bids.

Seems to me you would only be a poser if you went at it half assed ... If you went full out and did a 100% conversion, badges and all it wouldnt be posing ...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What do you guys think...Are you a poser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.