MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   What do you guys think...Are you a poser (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/334671-what-do-you-guys-think-are-you-a-poser.html)

Va. Stang 08-21-2007 03:25 PM

What do you guys think...Are you a poser

If you start changing you GT to aGT500. I can see adding some mods and even hoods and front ends and the list goes on and on. But I have this gut feeling everytime I see a Complete GT500front-end put on GT or V6. I like the look of the GT500 but I feel if I was to change over to the "Shelby" look that it just would not be right. Its a GT! Not a Shelby GT500. I like the look but its not what I bought.
Yes I wanted a GT500 but I refused to pay the 15G over sticker to get it. So I bought a GT and figured I would add a few mods inside and out.Work the motor some and haveinitclose to what a GT500 sticker price would be. But not the after shock of the mark-up. Maybe its that I feelthe real Shelby should be just that. The real Shelby!And that and my GT could be a modified GT mustang but not with the Shelby parts. I really like the 500 front end. Just can't put it on my GT.

acascianelli 08-21-2007 03:28 PM

RE: What do you guys think...Are you a poser

As long as you don't put on any GT500 or Shelby badges I don't think you'd be a poser. I'd put a GT500 front and rear end on in a heartbeat.

howarmat 08-21-2007 03:29 PM

I wanted the GT500 front end also but then I found out the cost and decided against it.....it is very aggressive and sweet though.....Check out the roush front.....very nice also and can be had, pre painted for under 900. I might do that but for right now i am happy with what I got. I already have the GT500 wheels and spoiler so getting the front end I would consider myself a "poser" and would not have the power to back it up anyway. Good luck with whatever you choose!

PistolPez73 08-21-2007 03:30 PM

+1

I'm a big fan of the GT500 front end. As long as there is no false advertising with badges I thinks it's fine.

jrm1900 08-21-2007 03:32 PM

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

As long as you don't put on any GT500 or Shelby badges I don't think you'd be a poser. I'd put a GT500 front and rear end on in a heartbeat.
+1, me too

RodeoFlyer 08-21-2007 03:34 PM

Well if you really want to split atoms the GT500 isn't a SHELBY either. The car is built by FoMoCo and never sees the shop in Vegas. SVT designed the car and then put Shelby's name on it for marketing reasons. Believe me - Ford isn't out to make Carrol Shelby a buck. They f'd him over in the 60's and they will do it again when they get greedy i'm sure.

torch red 08-21-2007 03:56 PM

Its all about the Badges...that make it a Poser..be real, not fake

Changing the apperance is fine...

chays446 08-21-2007 03:57 PM

i could care less,,it just a piece of plastic,,do want you want to your car..and dont worry about what other people think....and i wouldnt really consider it posing unless it had everything from engine to wheels to badges..etc....

TJ 08-21-2007 04:01 PM

ORIGINAL: torch red

Its all about the Badges...that make it a Poser..be real, not fake

Changing the apperance is fine...
+10

TrIpOd 08-21-2007 04:02 PM

ORIGINAL: chays446

i could care less,,it just a piece of plastic,,do want you want to your car..and dont worry about what other people think....and i wouldnt really consider it posing unless it had everything from engine to wheels to badges..etc....
+1