Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Pa Inspection

Old 08-23-2007, 02:05 PM
brendend
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New Pa Inspection

revolt!
Old 08-23-2007, 02:33 PM
LBJay
1st Gear Member

"Reconstructed, Specially Constructed and Modified Vehicles"
[/b]
[align=left]Reconstructed Vehicle - A vehicle, other than an antique or classic vehicle, for which a certificate of salvage was issued and is thereafter restored to operating condition to meet the vehicle equipment and inspection standards.[/align]
[align=left]Specially Constructed Vehicle - A vehicle not originally constructed under a distinctive name, make, model or type by a generally recognized manufacturer of vehicles but assembled from parts of various vehicles and/or kits.
[/align][align=left]Modified Vehicle - A vehicle of a type required to be registered under this title materially altered by the addition, deletion, substitution or modification of the body, chassis or essential parts, new or used. The term does not include vehicles that have been repaired to the function and appearance of vehicles in their original condition or vehicles where final-stage or second-stage manufacturers provide a manufacturer statement of origin or a federally required certification label at the time of the original title and registration application.[/align][align=left]
Unless your car is titled as one of those the laws do not apply to you[/align][align=left]None of this applies to "normal" lightly modified street cars. It mainly applies to Street Rods and Customs [/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Nothing to see here, move along....[/align]

Old 08-23-2007, 02:33 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

this is caused by street racing. The damn politicians want to save us from ourselves and the insurance companies give them payola. Two way street. Face it guys and girls, since Bush, governments have gotten completely out of hand with totalitarianism and its only going to get worse. This government (PA) is just trying to make its sphere of influence even larger so they have more power. By the way, I live in the Peoples Republic of Canada and this BS is going on here like you wouldn't believe. They have a proposal stating that if a car looks like its been used for racing, a police officer can enter your garage, hook it, and crush it. You have no appeal. This is only a proposal as of now. Guess it can get worse, huh.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

LBJ you missed the part about where if you change any factory components your vehicles is FORCED to take on the title of "modified vehicle"
Old 08-23-2007, 02:52 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

I live in PA and read the paper every day and have never seen this in there or on the news on tv. It won't get passed and even if it does it won't last. There is no way to enforce any of it and i don't care if they do anyways, where i live we have basically no inspection, they just slap a sticker on it.
Old 08-23-2007, 03:06 PM
06VistaBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RED121572

Move to Ohio. We dont have inspections of any kind.
Depends on the county. There is nothing this severe in Ohio but there are inspections. I live in Stark county, no inspections or emissions checks. Summit County, one county north does emissions checks.

Old 08-23-2007, 03:06 PM
LBJay
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Legion5

LBJ you missed the part about where if you change any factory components your vehicles is FORCED to take on the title of "modified vehicle"
No, I think you missed the word "materially".

It been basically this way for a long time in PA.

I think that due to the increasing number of street-rods and customs on PA roads they are now going to require those cars to be "safety inspected" at an Enhanced Vehicle Safety Inspection[/b] Station before it can be titled.

The local inspection stations do not have personnel qualified to judge the safety of cars being modified today. It's asking way too much of an average mechanic to make judgments on structural changes to acar.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Dorsil
2nd Gear Member

I live in the Peoples Republic of Canada and this BS is going on here like you wouldn't believe. They have a proposal stating that if a car looks like its been used for racing, a police officer can enter your garage, hook it, and crush it. You have no appeal. This is only a proposal as of now. Guess it can get worse, huh.
First off.. the day that comes around is the day i start shooting cops.. For someone to even think or propose that because a car has been raced is enough to roll up to my house and take my car from my garage.. that would be the day.. id be taking alot of people down .. sad.. but true..
Old 08-23-2007, 05:16 PM
Gunrnr
1st Gear Member

You really need to get those Amish out of legislature.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:10 PM
nkx1
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dorsil

I live in the Peoples Republic of Canada and this BS is going on here like you wouldn't believe. They have a proposal stating that if a car looks like its been used for racing, a police officer can enter your garage, hook it, and crush it. You have no appeal. This is only a proposal as of now. Guess it can get worse, huh.
First off.. the day that comes around is the day i start shooting cops.. For someone to even think or propose that because a car has been raced is enough to roll up to my house and take my car from my garage.. that would be the day.. id be taking alot of people down .. sad.. but true..
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/06/21/o...ore-it-hits-t/

Here is a link that talks about that prospective law as well. That is ludicrous (no, not the rapper). Like people never take their cars to the track to race (well, I prefer to race ricers at stop lights, but some people take their cars to the track lol). In any case, that law would be an absolute abuse of power, and I hope we never have to be subjected to an extremeand abusive policy like that in the U.S.

Look at the attorney general too. He just looks like an uptight jackass bastard. http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.o...t/ag/agbio.asp

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Pa Inspection