Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vert worth it? Topless or not

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 06:46 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Vert worth it? Topless or not

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

From a personal standpoint... I will never own a vert because they don't look too good. Verts lose the 'lines' in what makes a car look good, or strong, or whatever. Cars don't look right without the roof and window lines.

Also, I hate people looking at me or in my car. Its why I have illegal tint. I just hate it! I still wear a hat even with dark tint! So a vert would be a nightmare, but in reality I would just never put the top down!

In fact, I liked the BMW Z4 and was looking to buy one, but back then they only had verts so I looked at other things.

Im just baffled how some people always put the top down even though half the world is staring at them - especially in the morning on the way to work! its the most depressing time of the day and they got their hair blowing in the wind like everything is wonderful. I just dont get it.

Hahaha, but obviously this is all a personal viewpoint and I'm crazy so its all pretty much voided out.
Your response is sooooooo honest and soooooo funny; I love your remarks about having the top down on the way to work in the morning. That is "classic"!!
Old 08-23-2007, 06:49 PM
redcobrasc
2nd Gear Member

The Vert is great, the coupe is great = Get both

[IMG]local://upfiles/66458/4D6DFF9449CB4CBDAD5ADC74CAA737F6.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-23-2007, 07:02 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

I like both styles, but unless you have a garage to store your 'vert, I'd stick with a coupe. 'Verts are more of a secondary car to me, especially if you live in cooler climate states. Even though I live in SoCal, I usually see older men or really good looking woman driving 'verts. Although for a menacing look, the coupe can't be beat.Would a'69-'70 Boss 429 look as mean in 'vert form? Didn't think so.
Personal choice as most everyone posting seems to agree, if you love the look, rent a 'vert Mustang for a few days and see how it fits your lifestyle and your daily routine. At least your choosing a Mustang!
Old 08-23-2007, 07:19 PM
S197_GTvert
2nd Gear Member

IMO get the vert if were u live permits u getting the full value out of it and u might wanna get the 6 way power seat maybe that little drop will help u out and as for the roll over thing s long as u drive like normal evry day MUSTANG ( at WOT )Driver u should really never have to worry about that and dang 36,000 i hope its fully loaded with a few extras cause i got my 06 GtVert for 34,492 with the Classic Design Light bar nd i wish i had got the Builets IMO they look good....off topic...but good luck with the stang And Welcom to The Brother Hood
Old 08-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

If you can afford it, and you are prepared to not lock your car up ever, go for it! My '88 is a vert, and I have no regrets! But be prepared for the inevitable rainstorm that soaks your interior and the wear and tear on the interior from sun and rain, and on the top going up and down. You will need to replace both within 7 years. I was pretty liberal about leaving the top down when I was out and overnight because I wanted it down all the time, and I ended up drenching the inside more than a few times. I figured that if I had to put the top down and up every single time I wanted it down, I wouldn't enjoy it as much. Also, whatI said about not locking it, just keep everything in the trunk. Better to give access than have your top cut open. If all of that doesn't bother you, you will love it. If you are **** about the car, a vert might not be for you.

I decided to not vert when I bought my '06, but only because I had already lived my glory days in my '88, and also becauseI still own it.

Edit: Yes, you will draw attention in a vert, ALOT of attention! Get used to it and enjoy it, or leave the top up, or don't get a vert. For those that said that the attention would bother them: Why are you driving a Mustang then? And why would you add appearance mods? Face it, the whole nice car thing is about attention! If you didn't want attention, you'd be driving something else.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:59 PM
UK PONY
2nd Gear Member

I've owned both a coupe & vert of the current Mustang. The coupe was nice to drive, quiet, fairly well refined & has better lines compared to the vert with it's roof up. The vert is just as nice to drive, a little less refined due to a small amount of scuttle shake (saskatchewan roads are cr*ppy so if you have decent asphalt to drive on you can probably dis-regard this one) & has better lines than the coupe when it's roof is down.

In an ideal world I'd have one of each (hence my '90 hatchback until I can afford another S197), one to drive in the cr*ppy weather & the other to P*ss people off with by driving to work with the roof down & looking happy (I like having the roof down so I usually look happy when driving that way - if people look at me all the time I really don't care...maybe that makes me an exhibitionist or maybe they're just wishing they could peel back their roof & catch some rays...lol).

In the end buy whichever one will make you happiest - it's your money after all is said & done.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:06 PM
4mySon
1st Gear Member

My previous weekend ride was a Boxster, so I LOVE topless. But, I bought a coupe. In my opinion, the coupe lines are far superior. I bought this to be a muscle car, and that is exactly what the coupe is.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:22 PM
Audioi
2nd Gear Member

Like he said its your choice.
If I wanted a coupe it would not have been a stang, thats why they make them both.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:51 PM
linkdar
1st Gear Member

i agree.... just buy both
Old 08-23-2007, 09:06 PM
BlkSunshine77
2nd Gear Member

Love our vert. It was a no-brainer on getting a vert after we rented one on vacation in Vegas.
We were getting a vert and just so happen to fall into a great deal on our mustang.
I'm 6'-5" and when the top is down I'm not eating bugs over the windshield.
I am one of those people that will put the top down if there is even the slightest bit of sun.
We had the top down in March when we first got the car, 40 degrees outside, heat blasting, but worth every second!

You guys missed an important feature of the vert..
Triangular windows ROLL DOWN unlike the hard tops.
My dogs love sticking their heads out the small windows when I have the top up.

Quick Reply: Vert worth it? Topless or not