Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else think that the cup holder design is bad?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 09:20 PM
mightymouse
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone else think that the cup holder design is bad?

ORIGINAL: Nuke

HOLY CH*T, BATMAN! You learn something new everyday. I didn't know there was a rubber thing in the bottom of the rear cupholder! When I read that in these replies I wondered what the heck you all were talkin' about so I went into the garage with a "yeah, right" attitude. That'll teach me. Cool!

And yes, I, too, was annoyed with my coffee mug or soda getting in the way when I shift.

I think the Owner's Manual should start out with : "#1: Read mustangforums.com before proceeding"

Rick
[sm=smiley34.gif]

Thats funny!!!!! [sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Old 08-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Lees07GT
2nd Gear Member

It's in the same design vein as fake hood scoops.... fake cup holders.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:34 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

I don't have a problem shifting with a Wendy's cup in the rear cupholder. Man has survived by adapting.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:08 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06stangGT

ORIGINAL: howarmat

ORIGINAL: 06tyrfryr

cup holder is the only dislike on my car that I can think of. I wonder what overpaid engineer came up with that idea?
One that only drives an auto!!
Yes ! Time and time again I say what a horrible design, you can totally tell they designed the car around the auto, and also getting to the rear defrost button is hard when in 5th . .

Autos rule- yeah baby.........[sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 08-24-2007, 10:13 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

The rear isn't too bad, with the bottom taken out. But I refuse to put anything in the front besides my cell phone. My passenger gets to put their drink between their legs. The cupholders were DEFINITELY designed by an auto driver.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:15 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

I THINK IT SUCKS, AND IT PISSES ME OFF WHEN PPL RIDE IN THE PASSENGER SEAT, AND PUT THERE F*CKIN DRINK IN THE CUP HOLDER, AND EXPECT ME TO SHIFT.. WTF..

THEN, I TELL THEM TO HOLD THE DRINK SO THAT I CAN DRIVE, AND THEY GET PISSED OFF..

[sm=rant.gif]

seriously tho, it is shtty.. they should have made them to the right a little bit, but this is why i want a SOS switch plate to put there! so no one can do this to me any more!
Old 08-24-2007, 11:39 PM
lucki96gt
3rd Gear Member

not to be an *** and sure the cup holders are not that great for manuals. but ford design cupholders among other things that will work for the majority and that would be autos. i think it has come a long way because in my 99 shifting to second and fourth would cause a mess when the shifter hit the cup. it works for me but then again i know before i get in the car if i will be driving aggressive(which is always) because when i drive calmly or on the hwy it's fine.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:23 AM
FordDude
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ilmor

The Mustang cup holders are all about style over substance. They work fine for an automatic, I suppose. Solution - don't drink and drive!
The only time a drink goes into my cupholder is for transportation purposes. In fact not only do I not eat or drink in my Mustang, if I make a run for fast food in the Stang the food goes in the trunk for the trip home. fd
Old 08-25-2007, 06:15 AM
Jackies Stang
2nd Gear Member

I seem to like the cup holder compared to past cars of mine, First car i could put a 1 litre soda in the holder and not have the thing fall out onto the floor and get stuck under the pedals! Had that happen to my 2004 sebring and the bottle got stuck under the break pedal, had to smash the pedal down to stop and ended up exploding my soda all over the place! What a mess!
Old 08-25-2007, 08:32 AM
TTViper

hey, atleast the cars HAVE cup holders.

in my B2200 the only hint of a cup holder in the truck is when you open the dash compartment, and even then its only a slight round indent the kinda resembles the bottom of a wendys cup. But it dosent matter that its there, because the door is so damned flimsy you couldnt set a quarter there without it bouncing off.

In my Bronco II there are two "indents" in the center console that are about the size of a can of soda and its about 3/4 of an inch deep. Good luck setting anything there and having it not spill. They are really only good for change holders.

Quick Reply: Anyone else think that the cup holder design is bad?