Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ugh, the downside of owning a Mustang is the idiots who also own one

Old 08-25-2007, 10:55 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Ugh, the downside of owning a Mustang is the idiots who also own one

ORIGINAL: tungstenstang

A bit off subject but does anyone have this problem, whenever you take off from a stop light (not flooring it) and the person next to you thinks you are WOTbecauseyour car is so loud so they decide to gun it and now you feel like you have to get on it to show them up? I know theres nothing to prove but its very tempting. Never seen an idiot mustang driver where i live....yet.

Happens to me at least once a week.
Sometimes if they're driving a really pathetic P.O.S. I even slow down and let 'em get in front of me as a gesture of total digust- like, "you're ride is so freakin' pitiful that I won't even waste .02 worth of gas to give you a little demonstration.

Other times, I get a real kick out of showing some idiot the difference between my WOT and taking it easy- especially the type that starts rolling even before the light changes in an attempt to prevent me from getting ahead of them
Old 08-25-2007, 11:22 PM
jbnetdev
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Ugh, the downside of owning a Mustang is the idiots who also own one

To elaborate a liitle further. 99.9 % of licensed drivere ARE IDIOTS NO MATER WHAT THEY DRIVE

WE ARE ****ED . there everywhere you go

ORIGINAL: viking396

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

The Mustang is the first car I've owned that makes me say "eh..." to my dream car, the Corvette. Finally I found a car that actually makes me feel torn between with the 'vette. Never thought the day would happen.

But boy oh boy, if theres one thing that makes me want a 'vette, its the absolute idiots who drive mustangs like crazed immature animals.

Today I went up the local mountain with my gf. NIce time, 45 minute drive up to 9000 ft, escaping the Tucson heat and humidity to a place that feels like November.

Well, on the way down I see an absolutely beautiful S197 coming up behind me. Felt great because all I saw at the top was a lame Miata club. Anyways, he comes FLYING up onto my ***. Keep in mind I drive fast on the mountain, but safely, never truly pushing it. My top speed is usually 60mph. I dont even want to imagine how fast he must've been going!

Finally we reach the less friendly part of the drive where the road is narrow, the guardrails are right off the side of your car and theres no vehicle pull-offs. He passes me around a tight turn! No regard for any car that might pop out from around the corner. I watch him fly away from me and hes screaming around turns and passing several more cars on this narrow 1-way each way road, passing them around blind corners. On this mountain its constant blind corners.

I was stunned and ashamed. I then had to pull up on the tails of these cars he just passed, knowing they were thinking "Here comes another idiot mustang driver". Ugh. Eventually all of us reached a straightaway and I peered ahead and he was no where to be seen. He must've passed everyone and put all of their lives in danger.

This road has signs posted everywhere saying "No Passing" and its obvious why! I was so mad, and embarrassed. What an idiot. Its ok to endanger your own life, but if something happened to him he would've taken another car with him.

Ok I'm done now.
Mustang owners are no different than Vette owners, Camaro owners etc.... there are ********* amongst all of them. I don't consider them "another idiot Vette driver" or "idiot Mustang driver", I just consider them another idiot driver, it's the idiot behind the wheel not the car.
Old 08-26-2007, 04:07 AM
owero01
5th Gear Member

There are idiot drivers in all types of cars. Fortunately, there are a lot more sane and responsible drivers out there. Just let the idiots go and hope they only hurt themselves.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:02 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Corvette owners endanger peoples lives every day too. Most of them are so old they could die behind the wheel! LOL!

I here what you're saying though, some people are just born reckless. He could have just as easily been driving a honda though. Someone in a pickup truck just ahead of mepassed a car on a blind hill. Luckily no one was coming, but it could have ended badly.

I know there are tools driving corvettes, i saw one at the track.
I loled.

ORIGINAL: viking396

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

The Mustang is the first car I've owned that makes me say "eh..." to my dream car, the Corvette. Finally I found a car that actually makes me feel torn between with the 'vette. Never thought the day would happen.

But boy oh boy, if theres one thing that makes me want a 'vette, its the absolute idiots who drive mustangs like crazed immature animals.

Today I went up the local mountain with my gf. NIce time, 45 minute drive up to 9000 ft, escaping the Tucson heat and humidity to a place that feels like November.

Well, on the way down I see an absolutely beautiful S197 coming up behind me. Felt great because all I saw at the top was a lame Miata club. Anyways, he comes FLYING up onto my ***. Keep in mind I drive fast on the mountain, but safely, never truly pushing it. My top speed is usually 60mph. I dont even want to imagine how fast he must've been going!

Finally we reach the less friendly part of the drive where the road is narrow, the guardrails are right off the side of your car and theres no vehicle pull-offs. He passes me around a tight turn! No regard for any car that might pop out from around the corner. I watch him fly away from me and hes screaming around turns and passing several more cars on this narrow 1-way each way road, passing them around blind corners. On this mountain its constant blind corners.

I was stunned and ashamed. I then had to pull up on the tails of these cars he just passed, knowing they were thinking "Here comes another idiot mustang driver". Ugh. Eventually all of us reached a straightaway and I peered ahead and he was no where to be seen. He must've passed everyone and put all of their lives in danger.

This road has signs posted everywhere saying "No Passing" and its obvious why! I was so mad, and embarrassed. What an idiot. Its ok to endanger your own life, but if something happened to him he would've taken another car with him.

Ok I'm done now.
Mustang owners are no different than Vette owners, Camaro owners etc.... there are ********* amongst all of them. I don't consider them "another idiot Vette driver" or "idiot Mustang driver", I just consider them another idiot driver,it's the idiot behind the wheel not the car.
This is very true.

Around here, most everyone is a crappy driver, no matter what it is they drive. I see just as many idiots doing this kind of stuff in mini vans and pickups. Maybe even more so than the people who drive performance cars, because those people know theyre bigger targets for cops.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:19 AM
BLD06GTVert
1st Gear Member

I agree with the points people have made about...it's not the car, it's the driver and that idiots drive all sorts of cars...absolutely true!

I also agree that the price point of the car puts it ina generally different demographic than Vette's. I'm near 40 now and still love to drive fast. But, I can assure you that my regard for my safety, the safety of my family and the safety of others it at a MUCH higher point now than when I was younger. You can'tsay thatall young people drive like idiots, nor are all idiots young people. But in my opinion, there simply is no arguing that the average age of a Mustang driver is lower than a Vette and therefore...there are more Mustang drivers, drinving like idiots.

Honestly, the "stigma" of the Mustang driver is one of the reasons that it took me 23 years to own my first Mustang...I didn't want to lumped into the same group. It's a shame...cuz I love driving this Mustang! I was on my first Mustang cruise yesterday and I commented a few times to my fiance that I couldn't beleive how everyone was driving so responsibly...it was very refreshing! Everyone stayed in line and in order...no hotdogs flying by the group.

I've ridden motorcycles for most of my life. I started on crotch rockets and then later switched to Harley's. Same thing there...when I rode with the "kids" on crotch rockets, it was mayhem! People doing really stupid stuff and sometimes hurting themselves and others. When I started riding Harley's...much different. And beleive me, it's not because the Harley's nowadays are not fast or because they are ridden by "old" people.

Good post and hopefully it will sink in for some of those that ride on "the wild side" too much!
Old 08-26-2007, 08:25 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Then he should have pulled over and took a dump.

ORIGINAL: dmhines

Maybe he had diarrhea
Old 08-26-2007, 03:45 PM
guitarist4life
2nd Gear Member

He was doing spirtited driving..literally testing out the limits of his car...and endangering others lives. Whata douche cake. I take my 240 on mountian passes and ***** to the wall when I can, not when others are around. Its one thing to kill yourself being stupid..but killing others because of your own stupidity?? Freaking retard. Thats all
Old 08-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Tigercat
1st Gear Member

what a moreon , idiot no regard for safety!
Old 08-26-2007, 04:06 PM
lynwood78
3rd Gear Member

I don't know why people are always caring how other people drive. Just look out for yourself. Who gives a flying f.uck if he was endangering himself and/or others. I hate people like YOU!
Old 08-26-2007, 04:18 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

I haven't met one who could catch up to me "flying onto my ***". As a matter of fact all S197 drivers except one that I met 6 months ago were sleeping and driving. I think it doesn't matter what kind of car you're in. You could do reckless ish in Geo Metro if you felt like it. Don't be embarassed of your ride or if you are get an old man Vette, dye your hair white, put some colorful shirt on and you're all set. Good luck

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ugh, the downside of owning a Mustang is the idiots who also own one