Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The wife found out!

Old 08-24-2007, 08:33 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Default The wife found out!

Well, let me start by saying that ever since the S/C install I need to be real careful with what $$ I spend on the stang. It's kind of a sore spot here and there, well, more here than there. So when my wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday I sheepishlysaid brakes for the Stang. She reluctantly agreed after I assured her, "Really, that's all I want, honey.You're the best wife".

SoI ordered the Rotorpros and Akebono ceramic pads to be delivered to the house, no big deal, wife is expecting the package, right? But, not wanting to leave well enough alone I also, without telling her,ordered from Brenspeed, Steeda Springs and D-Specs. I used a different Visa, linked to my office account andwas having themdelivered tomy office.
Ifigured I would have the brakes and suspension installed at the same time. My wife definitely would not be able to tell the difference by looking at my stang before and after sowhat's the harm, right?

Well. Brenspeed must have had me in their computer or something and accidently shipped everything to my house!!! Damn that fast shipping! So, I got home late last night after a meeting my wife told me,"2 packagescame today, on of them is still on the porch, I couldn't lift it." My heart stopped, face turned pale,felt a little nausea, kind of like when your Father found out you were lighting matches or something when you were a kid.

I slowly walked to the front door only to see the big D-Spec box out there!. I guess I didn't hear her behind me with all the fear in my soul and everything, because then WHACK!! It was.....wood I think, yep definitely wood by the sound it made on my skull. Rolling pin, bat, club, not really sure, but it definitely wasn't steel, I know what steel feels like, and this was more of a thud, not a clang. I don't remember too much after that except for some ranting, and some requirement of going to the jewelry store this weekend or something like that.

Anyway, do you think I san sue Brenspeed for my injuries and the cost of my wifes gift???
Old 08-24-2007, 08:36 AM
POWERS
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: The wife found out!

I think this falls under "buyer be ware" or "modder be ware"
Old 08-24-2007, 08:37 AM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

LMAO!!!! Suck it up dude, and although I understand and sympathize it is what it is. I just put wheels and tires on my car and didn't tell my soon to be wife, but I don't think she has noticed the difference.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:38 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

OK, here's what you do. Get some of her favorite beverage, some good smelling foo foo juice for her bath, put some Sheryl Crow on and have at it. Works for me.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:40 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

yes....I feel your pain...really i did once...I am still in countdown mode...I have 9 months left of countdown to mod anything else on my car....well with exceptions...if its needed for the safety of me, or my car...then I can get..(brakes, TC, transmission pan) but anything else have to wait until May 2008........or there abouts....
Old 08-24-2007, 08:45 AM
mightymouse
3rd Gear Member

No... Use your head you have a 400+ hp gt and you were oked to buy brakes and roters that's it. you went way over bounds here. Don't you know about the credit system with your wife. when you do good meaning things for her your build credit and when you do bad like you did you burn credit. now your in the hole and better stop buying Sh&^ for the car and focuse on her for a while. Man so meny of you have no idea how good you have it and just can't keep from pissing your women off. you got to know how to work this right. first you go buy something nice for them just because.... Thats the Give part... then you wait for a while.... then you go buy somthing nice for you of equal value as you spent on her.. Thats the take part.... [8D]
Old 08-24-2007, 08:54 AM
linkdar
1st Gear Member

Well you did deserve it.... Most important question... did you at least get to keep the extra parts?
Old 08-24-2007, 08:56 AM
seniorsmith
3rd Gear Member

I do the same exact sh*t...

My woman doesn't give a rats a$$ about my car, all she cares about isthe money I spend on it. After a few heated discussions, I figured it was just easier to slip sh*t by her.Ya know, strategically planning deliveries around her work schedule andsneaking into the garage at night like a f*cking mod elf.

I've only really been caught once (kinda). After I switched out my stock axel-backs for some Flowmasters, I hid my old mufflers in a garage storage cabinet on the top shelf. She NEVER, EVER, EVER goes in there. Thef*cking next day guess where she decides to stick her nose. I'mgetting ready to walk the garbagedown to the road and she follows me into thegarage. She walks right over to the cabinet, opens it, and looks right at 'em.[sm=smiley3.gif]

I was like, you gotta be f*ckin' kinding me. Well, I figuredI was had.My mind raced to fabricate a lie but I could come up with anything good.Just as I was about tosay, "Oh ya, I find those damn thingsdownby the mailbox." She says, "Are these those extrachrome tips you ordered with your Mustang." --- Yep honey, that's exactly what they are. Aren't women great...[sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 08-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Maddog52
1st Gear Member

My fiancee isn't exactly thrilled when I buy things for my car either. But honesty is certainly the best policy. I guess it comes down to what's worth more to you? The car or the lady?
Old 08-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Maddog52

My fiancee isn't exactly thrilled when I buy things for my car either. But honesty is certainly the best policy. I guess it comes down to what's worth more to you? The car or the lady?
Hmmmmmm..... Decisions...Decisions!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The wife found out!