Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decent Price 06 V6 with Pony package

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Jeraco

Default Decent Price 06 V6 with Pony package

I am thinking very seriously about purchasing a blue 2006 Mustang V6 coupe with the Pony Package for my wife. The car has about 5,000 miles on it. The car has the spoiler, 6 Cd stereo, traction control, 6 way power seat. The dealer is offering a 5 year /75 mile power train warranty with the car for around $17,500. (The unit has the remaining factory warranty).

New to the site (1rst post). Just curious if this is the market price or is it too much to be paying for this car. Are there any issues thatI should be concerned with, with this model?

Thanks in advance for any insite that can be provided.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:25 PM
jbnetdev
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Decent Price 06 V6 with Pony package

jeracoyou can get a better deal getting a brand new 2007 mustang for a little more. This is also the perfect time to check the dealers they are trying to get rid of the 2007d and you can generally get them to come down about 7 to 15 % on sticker. take a look at this search .at recycler ,com. I look at it this way sure its a ok deal but its used and basically your getting someones elses problems. Maybe not on that one but ask yourseld why did they sell it. New i say is the way to go.....

http://www.cars.com/go/search/search...ltsPerPage=250
ORIGINAL: Jeraco

I am thinking very seriously about purchasing a blue 2006 Mustang V6 coupe with the Pony Package for my wife. The car has about 5,000 miles on it. The car has the spoiler, 6 Cd stereo, traction control, 6 way power seat. The dealer is offering a 5 year /75 mile power train warranty with the car for around $17,500. (The unit has the remaining factory warranty).

New to the site (1rst post). Just curious if this is the market price or is it too much to be paying for this car. Are there any issues thatI should be concerned with, with this model?

Thanks in advance for any insite that can be provided.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:52 PM
Jeraco

jbnetdev

Thanks for the fast reply. I will check those out on the link but the $17500 is actually a little more than what I was really wanting to spend.
Thanks for the link.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:44 AM
nkx1
2nd Gear Member

I agree with jbnetdev- just buy a newmustang if you're going to spend that much. I live in So Cal (OC), and I see newspaper ads all the time for new V6's priced around $15k to $16k. You should be able to get an especially good deal now, since the '08s are coming out.

That being said, to answer your question about market price, you would probably be better servedby referencing a combination ofboth the Kelly Blue Book site as well as autotrader.com for your area. Obviously, market price can vary considerably depending on geographic/demographic location. Since members of this site are from all over, it would be relatively difficult to get an accurate representation of market price for your area from the people here.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:24 AM
Jeraco

Thank You.

I will definetly check out the auto trader. At $15,000 I would seriously think about about flying out to pick one up and drive it back if it was equiped like I described

I wasn't wanting to bring this in to it but my limit is no more than $17,500. I understand for a few thousand more I can buy new but my wife has had three cycles of chemo and is waiting on a call for a transplant so spending a dime more than the $17,500 is not an option. Again, if a new one can be located for $15,000 that is equiped like she wants I can certainly look at the total cost of flying out and driving back...

Thanks Again.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:06 AM
nkx1
2nd Gear Member

Wow, sorry to hear about your wife. I sincerely hope everything works out for the best.

Regarding the ads, try http://adv.ocregister.com/rop/web/ocr/category.php?id=3

It's the OC Register, the local paper in OC. There doesn't appear to be anything there today, but try back on Fri; there should be a bunch. If the link doesn't work, just go to www.ocregister.com, click on "Go Shopping" at the very top, then click "Automotive" on the left. All the ads for that day will be displayed. I don't remember much about options; I just remember the prices from a few weeks ago when I was looking.

I'm not sure if your wife would think this is too ghetto, but you can install the pony package yourself for <$650, excluding wheels that my come with it: https://mustangforums.com/m_921865/tm.htm
Old 08-29-2007, 03:54 AM
Jeraco

Thanks Again. I'll be certain to check it out.