Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oh how I hate Ford + Dealer, let me count the ways.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 06:03 AM
mobydick
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Oh how I hate Ford + Dealer, let me count the ways.

ORIGINAL: svt93style

Need to vent and inform.

I will never buy a new car again.
I have an 2006 GT that curently has 12k, Tungsten Grey. Brought issues to dealers attention at 9k.

Turns out my whole rear drivers quarter was painted, has started to peel..clearcoat, paint chiping away at the gas door..water getting under clear. Horrible.
Confronted dealer (in texas) claimed 1st. I did it, then it was the Transport, then it was a warranty issue...said they'd get it resloved an contact my local dealer in VA (I was moving)

Didn't do it.

Ford denied my warranty claim, dealer denies my claim...they expect me just to sit here with my paint falling off...not to mention the whole quarter is a different color...(got noticeable with time)

Now I have a Lawyer but ****...not much you can do when battleing Ford....

Absolutley disgusts me. $1400 to fix. Lawyer says I hopefully will get $4-$5k but could go to trial...2-3 yrs...etc...

I will never buy new again...I will never buy from Ford again...your warranty is worthless...they won't even honor my front bumper..which is a seperate issue...mottling on the front bumper...looks all patchy..."I don't see it"

FYI. Dealer was Bill Utter Ford in Denton Tx.
Just be thankful you weren't dealing with GM.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:15 AM
2005StangGT
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear, where are you in VA btw?
Old 08-29-2007, 08:01 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: D_Gusler

Doesn't sound like Ford issues, but more like dealer issues.

Why should ford have to pay for your dealers *** up?

The car was damaged in transit and it happens all the time. The dealers fix them up. You would be surprised to find out how many cars on the lot have been "fixed".
Old 08-29-2007, 09:36 AM
07MustangGT_girl
2nd Gear Member

So, did the dealership admit to repainting it? If so, they should 100% repaint it, but correctly this time.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:30 PM
ollied
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: svt93style

ORIGINAL: PLstang
I know $1400 is a lot of money but its costing you a lot more if you let them get to you.
Exactly, I have just adopted this mind set but it is hard for me...been causing me stress at work and home especially since I just moved to VA where things are double the price and I only have 2 buds from work...not friends just work buds.

I try to think about Jesus where he talks about how material posessions end up owning you in the end and not to store up treasures on earth where moth in rust destroy...(sorry to get preachy)

In the end it should work out, worst case I pay out of pocket.

Best case get the 5k...get it fixed get a hood...use the rest on a whipple!

I guess what chaps me is the not knowing...

so true..lol[8D]
Old 08-29-2007, 12:58 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Every bodyshop that I know of gives lifetime warranty on paint repairs ... should be no charge to you if the dealers bodyshop painted it ...
Old 08-29-2007, 02:46 PM
05MustangSally
4th Gear Member

I've always seen it that Ford Dealers can be a pain in the @$$ and screw up and try to cover it. I don't think it's necessarily Ford. I know I bought my car used from the dealer, paint looked flawless. About a month later, small dings and cover ups started to show. They did a good job covering it up to sell that's for sure...nothing you can do about it now though But I must mention, I was at the local Ford dealer last weekend. They had a Tungsten 2007 GT in the showroom. The silly part was that the car had about 3 inch wide, 2 inch tall space of missing paint...like it had been hit somehow. I asked the dealer about it and he said "Oh, it got banged up while the cars were being moved in the lot." Like it was no biggie lol! Looked at the sticker price...wanted $29K...2007 GT with leather interior and upgraded wheels. I feel bad for the person who buys that car after they cover it up [:-]
Old 08-29-2007, 03:17 PM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

Im outside of D.C. in centreville...I work in Tyson's Corner.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:17 PM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

They are denying it...
Old 08-29-2007, 03:44 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05MustangSally

I've always seen it that Ford Dealers can be a pain in the @$$ and screw up and try to cover it. I don't think it's necessarily Ford. I know I bought my car used from the dealer, paint looked flawless. About a month later, small dings and cover ups started to show. They did a good job covering it up to sell that's for sure...nothing you can do about it now though But I must mention, I was at the local Ford dealer last weekend. They had a Tungsten 2007 GT in the showroom. The silly part was that the car had about 3 inch wide, 2 inch tall space of missing paint...like it had been hit somehow. I asked the dealer about it and he said "Oh, it got banged up while the cars were being moved in the lot." Like it was no biggie lol! Looked at the sticker price...wanted $29K...2007 GT with leather interior and upgraded wheels. I feel bad for the person who buys that car after they cover it up [:-]

I'd say 20% of the cars on any given lot have been covered up. I don't have any stats to back that up, but if you think about it, these cars have been on trucks, trains etc. Not hard to imagine them getting damaged. At least the damage isn't on the carfax.

Quick Reply: Oh how I hate Ford + Dealer, let me count the ways.