Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think I am going to order an 08 GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 08:03 AM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

Default I think I am going to order an 08 GT

So i got my raise at work and a car upgrade is in order! I have kinda ruled out the 03/04 Cobra idea because i wont know how she has been driven.....

So i am coming to you guys with some questions!

I am wanting to have a nice daily driver but i would also like to get her up there in the power. I really like the N/A idea...... How hard(expensive) would it be to get her up to around 350-400rwhp?

What are some things you really like about your 05+ and what are some down sides of them?

I keep hearing that the quality of the new stangs are far above the previous models.... Is this true?

So basiclly.... Tell me if i should order an 08! And ya... Is there a 'deadline' to place your 08 order?

Thanks in advance,
Adam
Old 08-29-2007, 08:14 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I think I am going to order an 08 GT

You can get close to 350 hp with a tune, CAI and a1 piecedriveshaft. For say, $1000ish. You will have to start with a GT though. Don't know about timeframes. I buy mine off the rack, but I hear it takes 6-8 weeks to get them.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:21 AM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

Ya i dont mind waiting for her... Just as long as i get it JUST as i want it.

Wow its that easy to get 350rwhp? I know these models weigh a bit more.... But what kind of 1/4 time could i expect with that?

And what are some 'must get' options when ordering?
Old 08-29-2007, 08:23 AM
tjs2906
1st Gear Member

I was at my dealer last night discussing an 08 Mustang. If you want 400hp or so you can have the Dealer install a Ford blower, you have to pick a dealer that is authorized for the install.According to my dealer as long as you them install it at the time of purchase, by an authorized installer.........very important, the warranty is still intact. I have an 06 gt that I'm thinking about trading in, the 08 have some nice new stuff that wasn't available on mine, like heated seats, ambient light, HID headlights, and the option for the blower...
My dealer didn't mention any kind of a deadline, but I'm sure you will be able to order well into next year. I'm going back again today. Mine is paid for and I'm having a hard time wanting to make payments again. (-:
I forgot to say that adding a blower will run you between 5 and 7000 dollars extra........depending on whether you can get them to install it for free, It's about 8 hours of labor
Old 08-29-2007, 08:25 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

What are you waiting for.........get that Mustang ordered today!!!!!!! (you aren't getting any younger AND you're wastin' time!).
Old 08-29-2007, 08:27 AM
tjs2906
1st Gear Member

Lol, It's only money
Old 08-29-2007, 08:35 AM
hogpowr
3rd Gear Member

Premier Trim Package with the red seats, Comfort Group, Gt appearance Package, 3.55 rear gears, Active Anti-theft, spoiler delete, IUP, Build Your Own at www.fordvehicles.com
Old 08-29-2007, 08:44 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Dude, it's your money not mine, but let me say this....

I wanted an 03-4 Cobra but didn't search too hard for the same reason you quote. So I have my GT and have modded the crap out of it, but it's still not a Cobra and never will be. Every now and then I search around for Cobra's for sale on the net and you know, there are A LOT out there which have been nannied, I've seen a lot of examples with 5k miles on them and still stock. There are even more around with apprx 15k miles on them and also stock, garaged etc It makes me sick to my stomach sometimes when I see them and although it's impossible to resist, I know I really shouldn't look [&:]

What I'm saying is this, do some seraching and actually go see a few of the available Cobras before making your decision final regarding the 08 GT. I'd hate for you to be kicking yourself in 12 months time as you start to lay in bed at night wondering why you bailed on the Cobra without trying.

So, if anybody has a low mileage Terminator they want to swap for my GT, get in contact LOL
Old 08-29-2007, 08:52 AM
Joolander
Lord High Protector

must have: IUP, Comfort Group, Manual transmission, 3.55 gears (unless you plan on upgrading)
Old 08-29-2007, 08:55 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

I haven't seen any 5K mile Cobras around. Most have 25,000K miles. Nothing like a new stang but it's your money. We'll help you spend it.

Quick Reply: I think I am going to order an 08 GT