Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is your Mustang part of the family?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 06:09 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Is your Mustang part of the family?

so OP, what kind of a car does she drive now, and would she be interested in swapping for a stang, even if it stays bone stock? My current has had three stangs (one was a 2.3 so I shouldn't count that onelol), and it definitely helps that she likes the car...maybe she just needs some seat time in one to bring her around?
Old 08-29-2007, 06:15 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Equality is the key. If you spend 2 hours on the car, 2 with her. $2000 on the car, let her spend $3000 on what she wants. It give and take to make a successful marriage. Congrats and best wishes.
Wrong answer.
That means you are allowing her to control your spending. Plus, a $500 mod now costs $1000, WTF is that?

I don't care if my wife buys something for herself, why should she care if I buy something for myself ?
Old 08-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Jackies Stang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: marcuskeeler

Equality is the key. If you spend 2 hours on the car, 2 with her. $2000 on the car, let her spend $3000 on what she wants. It give and take to make a successful marriage. Congrats and best wishes.
Wrong answer.
That means you are allowing her to control your spending. Plus, a $500 mod now costs $1000, WTF is that?

I don't care if my wife buys something for herself, why should she care if I buy something for myself ?
+1.....Just cause i buy a mod for lets say $500, that does not mean she gets to spend the same amount just to make things even, and vice versa! ...........Good thing she likes collecting paper clips!
Old 08-29-2007, 08:30 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

hopefully she'll have a hobby. if not, tell her to get one!
Old 08-29-2007, 08:51 PM
CAL SPC 2007
1st Gear Member

Rename your car whatever your fiances name is, so when you are talking all lovingly about it, she will think you mean her.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:00 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

DITCH HER AND KEEP THE STANG!
Old 08-29-2007, 09:10 PM
mightymouse
3rd Gear Member

just be sure that you put he first but dont put your car last. Do your mods but don't make her feel like the car is more important than she is. example: you pick up some flowers on the way home from work one day durring the weekfor her as a just because. When Saturday morning comes around play with the car till late afternoon then take her out on the town in the car that night dinner drinks at the bar or what ever. (No car meets on date night) then she will feel like your giving her all the respect she should be getting and she will feel good about being out with you in a hot car...
Old 08-29-2007, 09:29 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

Be nice to her, and remember that while the Stang is your "baby", the Stang IS still just a car. It's an inanimate object. The wife, on the other hand, is someone who wants to be with you and has feelings...

I myself lucked out with a great girl; mine got me a license plate frame for my birthday that says, "I always wanted a pony - Now I have 300 of them." THEN, when she gave it to me, she said, "Oh, I shouldn't have gotten it with the HP number on it...When you mod the car, that number's going to change."
Old 08-29-2007, 10:04 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

I had a nice C5 Corvette (a 2000 FRC) she hated it...I got tired of it too, always wanted a Mustang, so I traded it in for an '06 GT , she helped me with the sale. A few months ago, I brought her to E-Town to watch some drag racing, she loved it, and now when I run my car she said" this looks like fun, I can do this, I'm going to beat your time with your own car"! ( I knew I should have got a stick shift!)

This is from someone who didn't get my "car obsession", now she's into it.(the Mustang helped!) Give it time, get her a little involved, you never know!
Old 08-29-2007, 10:52 PM
grabberorange1
3rd Gear Member

Thats why the internet is so great, you can buy all your mods online.Then all you have to do is train the UPS guywhere to stash your packages.I like to get the mods, install them, and then wait to see if they (wife and daughter) notice anything different. Most of the time they go un-noticed, that way its much easier to keep peace between the rivals.

Quick Reply: Is your Mustang part of the family?