MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   What would be really helpful: A speed chart or matrix (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/338797-what-would-be-really-helpful-a-speed-chart-or-matrix.html)

nkx1 08-30-2007 03:15 PM

What would be really helpful: A speed chart or matrix

I was thinking about what cars I might run across at stop lights.Then I thought it would be so cool if 0-60mph times and ETs were available in a spreadsheet or other manipulative format, so we could see what cars we can and can't beat.

I know there is the http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.htmlsite which is a good resource for specific cars, but it would take hours and hours to go through the list and decipherevery car that is slower/faster than me. That list would be so much better if I could just thow it into Excel and sort from slowest to fastest etc, to know what cars I should have a little fun with and what cars I shouldn't in order to keep from being humiliated lol.

Anyway, does anyone know of such a list, that can be formatted (or is already formatted) in the order of slowest to fastest or vice versa?

schapman 08-30-2007 03:18 PM

RE: What would be really helpful: A speed chart or matrix

Street racing is dangerous! Dont don't it.

nkx1 08-30-2007 03:25 PM

Thanks Dad. The question is not whether or not sreet racing is or isn't dangerous, nor is the question a solicitation for subjective opinions and/or advice on street racing, having fun at stoplights, or any other laws or opinions that may apply to racing in any way.

Now back to the question. [sm=thanx.gif]

howarmat 08-30-2007 03:53 PM

seen it before, wasnt important enough for me to look at then, and not now either....i honestly could care less what the guy next to me "might" have or can run. You can find that out at the track when you are done if you want

281GT 08-30-2007 04:07 PM

I don't care what the person next too me at a stoplight has. Lot's of people want to run me, probably because my car looks and sounds completely stock but whatever. Take the racing to the TRACK where innocoent people won't get hurt or killed, where I won't get hurt or killed, where it's legal and MUCH safer. The track is also a lot more fun because you don't have to worry about the stuff mentioned above.

nkx1 08-30-2007 04:16 PM

So people never get hurt or killed at a track? Lol, ok. It's obvious that the track is an appropriate place to race; I never negated that. And it's apparent that somepeople don't care what the guy next to them has, which is obviously fine.

If you read my unedited initial thread, it neither states directly, implies, nor endorses street racing as a safe or recommended activity. Accordingly, it makes little sense to post a reply stating the converse.

I was just wondering if there is a resource available that would tell people (who care) what stock 0-60mph and ET times are for various cars, in ascending or descending order. Sheesh!

281GT 08-30-2007 04:31 PM

Please accept my apologies. The way your post is worded it implies that you are interested in beating people from a stoplight, hence street racing.
I also did not intend to imply that people never get hurt or killed at the track but common sense tells us that the chances of such an occurrence is significantly less at the track. So I misinterpreted your post and you misinterpreted mine. I guess we're even. Once again , my appologies.

nkx1 08-30-2007 04:43 PM

No worries; in all honestly, I am not at all adverse to a street race, given the circumstances are such that minimal risk is forced on "innocent" people, the drivers involved, and property. With respect to legality, there are a lot of laws I disagree with; any restriction on having a little fun on a wide open road with nothing but a few cars around is one of them.

Nonetheless, my question relates directly to the availability of information, and not street racing.

281GT 08-30-2007 05:49 PM

I'll have to admit I've raced at place not on the track. Always in a deserted area well away from any residential. Usually in a deserted industrial area not during business hours. That was during the years when we didn't have a track here. At any rate I would also be interested in something that showed 0 - 60 times of various production cars. I remember stumbling accross such a thing a couple of years ago. I'll see if I can find it again.

Orion_240 08-31-2007 12:08 AM

well, all you gotta do is memorize the 0-60 or quarter mile times of all the new cars. That's in the back of most automotive magazines.
You'll also need to study the badging and styling of all those cars who have better times than you. If you can't tell the difference between 2 models that look the same, like the older and newer Infinity G coupes, or those Chargers with the different engines...guess what?
Of course, what you will never find, spreadsheet or otherwise, is a sixth sense for who you can beat. If someone is bonehead enough to race on public streets, putting his driving priviledge at risk, not to mention all the unknown risks like oil on the road, kids, speed traps, and all for NO MONEY, then I already know I can take him.
So a street race is just a waste of my time and gas. If someone thinks I'm going to risk all that, like that dumbass Hogan kid, for no paycheck, they are sorely mistaken!
If someone pulls up alongside me in the new Challenger and starts revving I'm more likely to say, "hey! Pull over and let me check out that engine!";)