Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OMG, Am I to become a Ricer !!??

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 06:23 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Default RE: OMG, Am I to become a Ricer !!??

Thanks for your kind support guys, I'll have my fingers crossed.
Good luck with the interview. Btw, for what type of position are you applying?
Well, the whole concept of auto production is a new thing for me and holds so many options that I'm blown away by it. I'm not really sure which area I'd like to end up in so I just made a 'generic' application. I guess it'll become clearer tomorrow as to specifically why they want to see me. I'd be happy with a no-brainer line job for a start to get started, might be fun for a few months [8D]
I've been in thecommunications satellite industryfor the last 20 years, not something in great demand in smalltown, Ontario LOL
Honda only take on Contractors at this plant, you get a fixed term contract of 3 months, then a 7 month extension and then a further 10 month extension making an upper limit of 20 months. After thatyou go into a resource pool and may, or may not, get picked up as staff. They say they won't cherry pick people for staff jobs before the contract expires, which may or may not be true.
Seems kind of a weird way of doing it but it isn't, they get an easy option to release you if you're not doing a good job or if the demand relaxes and they need to lay people off.

Anyway, we'll see
Old 08-30-2007, 06:34 PM
nkx1
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: OMG, Am I to become a Ricer !!??

Actually, the contractor thing is kind of cool, with my job anyway (environmental consulting). I work from home and work pretty much as little or as much as I want. Of course, pay is directly proportional to projects completed. I just have this horrible additiction that keeps me from working though: This forum! Seriously, ever since I got my stang about three or four weeks ago, I've been doing little work, and just researching the crap out of what I want to do to my car. Oh well, hopefully I'll get bored of "researching," and get back to working lol.

The only things that suck aboutmany contractor jobs is that you are responsible for paying the self employment tax, you have to buy your own health insurance, and no 401k. but other than that, I really like it.