Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 10-22-2015, 07:09 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

DIY THROTTLE RESPONSE MOD (MUST SEE!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Ranglorer

Default IT WORKS !

I just did this to a 2006 stock GT. Worked great!! I just barely moved my brushes and it improved considerably.....

Thanks Man for the good ole fashioned advice! What other tricks do you have up your sleeve? More answers to problems like this are PRICELESS
Old 09-26-2011, 07:34 PM
madmiller

I just did this to a 2006 GT.I just barely moved my brushes a little, went to drive the car worked great for about 1mi from the house.. must of move the brushed too much ,i also notice a lot of carbon build up so i went to buy another one at ford $130.00
Old 02-07-2012, 01:21 PM
hueyhy

did it on my 05 V6, Moved the cover box towards the firewall direction.

don't feel any change. the throttle response is like before. I think my problem is not the dead zone, it is the lag that when I hit the throttle the engine will not rev up immediately. also I looked at my rev1 part, seems my brushes are already touching the carbon part.

Maybe a ECU tune is the only way to fix the lag for me.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:40 PM
lawrencecar1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
Just did mine like this without having to bend anything. Just "clocked" the top of the cover where the plug is forward(towards the firewall) and all is good. Instant response on the pedal now!!!

10 minutes max spent on doing this mod!!! WELL worth it!!

Thanks for this tip!!
old thread but a goody.. i had about 1/4 - 1/2 play. moved cover at top which moved about 1/8. Screwed back in and now perfect. Now my play is 0-1/8 before throttle response. : )
Old 03-25-2012, 02:48 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I just did this to my 06. I just clocked the cover towards the firewall and added some shim tape between the pedal and the housing. Its much better but not perfect. I plan to add more tape.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:43 AM
mtgldr
1st Gear Member

resurrection of old thread. Would start new but too much info here to refer to.
Have a 2010 GT Premium. My wires were bent at a right angle and the arms were pretty much straight so I was not going to mess with the wires. I loosened the side cover that contains the circuit board and it didn't seem to want to move. I took out all the screw except the one farthest from the electrical plug. Once I did this the cover would slide back and forth. I slide it fully forward, moving the board towards the wires (front of the car). Installed and started the car. Great pedal response except the car now idled at 1200 RPM. I left the pedal hanging in the car and removed all but the bottom screw and the one on the top left. I then used a screwdriver to slide the cover back to where it no longer affected the idle. With the car running I installed the other 3 screws. The idle again increased. So I removed the 3 screws again and this time I installed the screws one at a time until I discovered which screw was affecting the idle. I then installed and tightened all but the one affecting the idle. Now when I installed the 5th screw it did not affect the idle. The cover holes are slotted, you may need to open the slots up a bit to make this work. It's VERY sensitive. Be sure your car is warmed up BEFORE you attempt to do this and definitely don't install the pedal until you have tested it. My .02
Old 03-24-2014, 12:27 AM
13'GT Black
1st Gear Member

just discovered this thread and read the first 5 pages and last 2 pages but still confused. Does this work for the 13' GT? what is this rotating the cover? i would like to try that before bending any thing any advice or tip will be appreciated.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:28 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mtgldr
resurrection of old thread. Would start new but too much info here to refer to.
Have a 2010 GT Premium. My wires were bent at a right angle and the arms were pretty much straight so I was not going to mess with the wires. I loosened the side cover that contains the circuit board and it didn't seem to want to move. I took out all the screw except the one farthest from the electrical plug. Once I did this the cover would slide back and forth. I slide it fully forward, moving the board towards the wires (front of the car). Installed and started the car. Great pedal response except the car now idled at 1200 RPM. I left the pedal hanging in the car and removed all but the bottom screw and the one on the top left. I then used a screwdriver to slide the cover back to where it no longer affected the idle. With the car running I installed the other 3 screws. The idle again increased. So I removed the 3 screws again and this time I installed the screws one at a time until I discovered which screw was affecting the idle. I then installed and tightened all but the one affecting the idle. Now when I installed the 5th screw it did not affect the idle. The cover holes are slotted, you may need to open the slots up a bit to make this work. It's VERY sensitive. Be sure your car is warmed up BEFORE you attempt to do this and definitely don't install the pedal until you have tested it. My .02
You probably needed to run through the throttle reset procedure after making each little tweak.

Norm
Old 03-24-2014, 07:48 AM
mtgldr
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson
You probably needed to run through the throttle reset procedure after making each little tweak.

Norm
I tried the proceedure where you slowly depress the pedal to the floor with the key in the on position. Held it there for 5 seconds and then slowly released the pedal. In my case it made no difference. Is there a better way to do it?
Old 03-24-2014, 09:26 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

I read rather recently where it was suggested to go through the procedure two or three times. No idea if that would help, but it couldn't hurt to try.

Norm

Quick Reply: DIY THROTTLE RESPONSE MOD (MUST SEE!)