Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got around to taking some pics

Old 09-01-2007, 05:18 PM
mightymouse
3rd Gear Member

Default got around to taking some pics

Hey all, since my baby is clean i got around to snaping some pics. So here she is.

[IMG]local://upfiles/40549/EBC68D3891A24E3EA60FE7699956BA7F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/40549/7C8728A863B44A62AD2D897ED36037DE.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/40549/1DC304A34A6D44C0A759A0F4EB171C74.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/40549/46EE1861CE924B9A95B24B81CCCFDB79.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Jrob27
1st Gear Member

Default RE: got around to taking some pics

Looks awesome! Love that color too.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:27 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

[sm=Flahssssss.gif]
Nice looking car.

Is that a shaker scoop or painted aftermarket? Either way, looks nice.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:31 PM
badtzmaru
4th Gear Member

good looking car.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:54 PM
mightymouse
3rd Gear Member

it's not the shacker scoop it's after market. in about a month it will bea working scoopthough. it wont feed cold air to the intake but will help with cooling under the hood.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:56 PM
mightymouse
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the kudos guys been really nervous about posting pics of my car since so many people have such sweet cars wasn't sure how mine would measure up..
Old 09-01-2007, 08:16 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mightymouse

it's not the shacker scoop it's after market. in about a month it will bea working scoopthough. it wont feed cold air to the intake but will help with cooling under the hood.
I'm interested in helping cool my engine bay as well.

I've thought about an aftermarket hood that has heat extraction vents such as the Saleen but I'm not yet willing to part with a $grand just for the hood (then theres paint $$). Plus, I like the scoop which the Saleen doesn't have. Though the Saleen hood might look good with an aftermarket scoop, I don't think I'm quite down with that yet - at least I haven't seen one like that yet.

So, right now I'm just kicking around a ram air hood - keep the scoop and supply outside air to the intake (not forced air, just some outside air when the car is moving).

How do you plan to modify your scoop/scoop hood area to perform as a heat extractor?

Thanks.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:38 PM
mightymouse
3rd Gear Member

I'm going to go a head and cut the hood open where the shaker system would go. Then I'm going to cut open the front of my xeon scoop to open up the two long runnersthat are behind the front coversand there you have it a working hood scoop the will assist with cooling under the hood. there are other small things like something to cover theedge of the cut out on the hoodas well as more3M tape to hold the scoop on the hood. This should work out well..

Heat will fallow the path of least resistance. if the fans are blowing the het back off the motor and since heat rises when the car is at a stop you should see a lot of heat comming out of the scoop and when the car is in motion some level of cool air should pass through the scoop helping push the temp down under the hood.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:04 PM
NORTY
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mightymouse

I'm going to go a head and cut the hood open where the shaker system would go. Then I'm going to cut open the front of my xeon scoop to open up the two long runnersthat are behind the front coversand there you have it a working hood scoop the will assist with cooling under the hood. there are other small things like something to cover theedge of the cut out on the hoodas well as more3M tape to hold the scoop on the hood. This should work out well..

Heat will fallow the path of least resistance. if the fans are blowing the het back off the motor and since heat rises when the car is at a stop you should see a lot of heat comming out of the scoop and when the car is in motion some level of cool air should pass through the scoop helping push the temp down under the hood.
Be careful what you do for air under the hood. You'll need a vent system for the heated air to escape. If you don't have this "vent" the pressurized air will create "lift" at very high speeds.
Old 09-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

mightymouse, nothing to be scared of, your car kicks a$$

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: got around to taking some pics