Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I JUST GOT TO RIDE IN A 520 HP GT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 10:00 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I JUST GOT TO RIDE IN A 520 HP GT!!!

ORIGINAL: fairlane292

I wouldn't be a passenger with an 18yr old (stranger) drivinga GT with "520 HP at the motor andI think he said469 RWHP"... consider youself lucky to still be alive.
Yeah normally I wouldn't ethier, he wasn't a complete stranger, I have met him before, I didn't have my stang at the time though. He's a really responsible kid and has a clean driving record. I just couldn't pass up the offer of a ride in that beastly thing! I wanted to see the difference between mine and his, WOW no comparison. haha.

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

awesome!!!! lucky kid that is
+1 Definately!!!!!

ORIGINAL: MartyMoose

The skin should grow back - I think.[8D]

btw, next time ask if you can test drive it.[:@]
Hahahaha, Yeah I hope it grows back soon, i'm sure he will have a fun time cleaning my skin off his seats... lol.
I would have asked him to drive it, but i'm only 16 and I was smart enough to realize I don't need to get behind the wheel of a 520HP monster yet.

Oh who am I kidding!!?? I'll ask him next time I see him. [8D]

ORIGINAL: 05SDI

Welcome to our world!!

You'll never be the same.........until you own your on!
Yeah man your world is far better than my stock world. lol

I can't wait to finally be able to performance mod my car, parents too restrictive on that right now saying 300HP is already too much for a teenager, and truthfullyI know it is [>:]. Oh well i'll just be saving up for the next 2 years until I move away for college, then i'll be able to pop my hood and see a shiny new vortech supercharger.

Old 09-01-2007, 10:05 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

520 at the motor, and 469 at rear wheel?... hes loosing 50 HP.. is it auto or stick.. and wtf.. i thought even our autos didnt loose that much.. i know manual you dont loost as much as an auto, but ive heard the GTO's (ls2) looses like 60 when it gets to the wheels.. and doesnt a drive shaft help wiht some of the lost?

-GTstang
Old 09-01-2007, 10:05 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

I can't wait to finally be able to performance mod my car, parents too restrictive on that right now saying 300HP is already too much for a teenager, and truthfullyI know it is [>:]. Oh well i'll just be saving up for the next 2 years until I move away for college, then i'll be able to pop my hood and see a shiny new vortech supercharger.
I agree with your folks. Nice car - don't look a gift horse in the mouth (if you know what I mean, but I don't think you are, I'm just saying...). At 16 with that car you're ahead of the pack.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:12 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GTstangB.F.D.M.

520 at the motor, and 469 at rear wheel?... hes loosing 50 HP.. is it auto or stick.. and wtf.. i thought even our autos didnt loose that much.. i know manual you dont loost as much as an auto, but ive heard the GTO's (ls2) looses like 60 when it gets to the wheels.. and doesnt a drive shaft help wiht some of the lost?

-GTstang
520bhp(0.85 drivetrain loss) = ~442rwhp

Or, if he dynoed 469rwhp(1.15 drivetrain loss) = ~540bhp

There might have been a little BS'ing going on but I wouldn't read into it any more than that. It sounded like the car was fast and that he had a good time.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:17 PM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

I agree with your folks. Nice car - don't look a gift horse in the mouth (if you know what I mean, but I don't think you are, I'm just saying...). At 16 with that car you're ahead of the pack.
Agreed! Remember those who givith can takith away!!

We took the 06 V6 Vert Mustang away from our 18 yo daughter when we found she was letting her boyfriend drive it..... Yep took it away the week before graduation.. She wasn't happy.. nor does she drive it any more!Basicly if boiled down to she couldn't follow our rules soshe couldn't drive our car. Period!I can only pass on if your parents gave you rules to follow about driving your car PLEASE follow them! Enjoy & respectyour car as it appears you are and you'll do just fine... There is time enough for mods in the future! (my earlier post I had no idea you were 16 as there are not that many young drivers with that nice of car!!)
Being boosted is very fun, but not respected it can cost you .. everything!!
Old 09-01-2007, 10:21 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

martymoose.. very true.. you must have that PMA...(positive mental attitude)...

good point tho, and true, numbers are numbers.. and he did have a good time, and is now desitn to drop all his savings into a SC.. lol..

thanks martymoose, you are da bomb!.. lol (what was that, like.. 3rd grade terminology)
-GTstang
Old 09-01-2007, 10:21 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

-GTstang
I'm positive about the 520 part, but not sure about 469, but I think thats what he said. It's a stick, it does seem like a big loss [sm=smiley13.gif]

Yes, I actually do know what you're saying. I had to learn "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" in spanish 2 years ago in 9th grade, hahahha. Why I remember that? I don't know, but I do know i'm ahead of the pack with my stock mustang. Especially at my new school, even though it's a private school,it's in a city where alot of the parents don't have as much money and the kids drive cheap cars. I kinda feel bad. My old school had several mustangs though, I blended in more there, One of my best friends there has an 06 GT vert and her dad has 3 classic mustangs, one of the coolest families i've ever seen. Another kid had just got an '07 cali special,I mean there was probably 7 or 8 new S197's there and it was a small private school also. But whatever, I just hope im not going to be the target of hate crimes here
Old 09-01-2007, 10:32 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07BLACKGT

-GTstang
I'm positive about the 520 part, but not sure about 469, but I think thats what he said. It's a stick, it does seem like a big loss [sm=smiley13.gif]

Yes, I actually do know what you're saying. I had to learn "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" in spanish 2 years ago in 9th grade, hahahha. Why I remember that? I don't know, but I do know i'm ahead of the pack with my stock mustang. Especially at my new school, even though it's a private school,it's in a city where alot of the parents don't have as much money and the kids drive cheap cars. I kinda feel bad. My old school had several mustangs though, I blended in more there, One of my best friends there has an 06 GT vert and her dad has 3 classic mustangs, one of the coolest families i've ever seen. Another kid had just got an '07 cali special,I mean there was probably 7 or 8 new S197's there and it was a small private school also. But whatever, I just hope im not going to be the target of hate crimes here
Actually, too small of a loss. Read my numbers crunching again.

Don't take it personally if you are - maybe not a hate crime but a jealousy crime. It's a beautiful car, dude. People WILL get jealous of that, both young and old(er).
Old 09-01-2007, 10:44 PM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

Ohhhh, yeah I didn't see your numbers, we were posting at the same time, except I took a long time to post. But yeah, i'm not too smart in that region, all I know is it was incredibly fast. [8D]

Yeah it is a beautiful car, and I know jelousy crimes can be fixed (most of the time). It would really ruin my whole month if something happened though, im obsessed with my car, i'll park a mile away from everyone if I have to to make sure my door doesn't get bumped by a soccer mom on the phone, or a little kid that doesn't know any better. I plan to keep this car for the rest of my life, but I really need to quit worrying about it, lol. Being rear-ended helped with the paranioa. (sp?) I was just sitting at a light and some stupid old lady slammed into my brand spankin new mustang, it had like 600 miles on it. It totalled her car, lmfao.I was heartbroken and shaking with anger, as you can imagine. But that kinda helped me to be relaxed about my car now, as its just a car. Wow im really getting carried away with this, haha. my bad.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:59 AM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07BLACKGT

ORIGINAL: fairlane292

I wouldn't be a passenger with an 18yr old (stranger) drivinga GT with "520 HP at the motor andI think he said469 RWHP"... consider youself lucky to still be alive.
Yeah normally I wouldn't ethier, he wasn't a complete stranger, I have met him before, I didn't have my stang at the time though. He's a really responsible kid and has a clean driving record. I just couldn't pass up the offer of a ride in that beastly thing! I wanted to see the difference between mine and his, WOW no comparison. haha.

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

awesome!!!! lucky kid that is
+1 Definately!!!!!

The skin should grow back - I think.[8D]

btw, next time ask if you can test drive it.[:@]
Hahahaha, Yeah I hope it grows back soon, i'm sure he will have a fun time cleaning my skin off his seats... lol.
I would have asked him to drive it, but i'm only 16 and I was smart enough to realize I don't need to get behind the wheel of a 520HP monster yet.

Oh who am I kidding!!?? I'll ask him next time I see him. [8D]

ORIGINAL: 05SDI

Welcome to our world!!

You'll never be the same.........until you own your on!

"Yeah normally I wouldn't ethier, he wasn't a complete stranger, I have met him before,"....He's a really responsible kid and has a clean driving record. ...understood, age isn't everything I know.

Quick Reply: I JUST GOT TO RIDE IN A 520 HP GT!!!