Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shelby Razors, where can i find them?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 12:53 AM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Shelby Razors, where can i find them?

This is where I got mine. Best deal I could find.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1∂=ARE%2D198S2966& N=700+4294923107+4294923106+400082+115&autovie w=sku

Old 09-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Metal man
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the pic. Looks killer,what size tires?
Old 09-04-2007, 06:36 PM
bazguitarman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pascal

Hey guitarman, nice info. Very cool price.
A friend of mine just walked in and upon seeing those wheel, He's buying 'em soon.

No problem bro. I know I`m always looking for a better deal. I know everyone else is too.

Eric
Old 09-04-2007, 07:12 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: bazguitarman

ORIGINAL: pascal

Hey guitarman, nice info. Very cool price.
A friend of mine just walked in and upon seeing those wheel, He's buying 'em soon.

No problem bro. I know I`m always looking for a better deal. I know everyone else is too.

Eric

Funny the way things work sometimes...
A friend from Belgium is buying a GT conv. and I'm gonna do a $10000/12000 mod on it. Fake GT500 40th anniversary. Guess what?? He asked me if I knew where to find those wheeels.
Well, I'll tell him yeaaah. Thanks to you and others.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:00 PM
armour845
2nd Gear Member

Try this guy on EBay, I received my wheels in three days for $860 shipped and that included lugs and locks. He doesn't currently have any gunmetals listed, but if you contact him I'm sure he can get them direct form American Racing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-20X...9349QQtcZphoto
Old 09-04-2007, 08:31 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: armour845

Try this guy on EBay, I received my wheels in three days for $860 shipped and that included lugs and locks. He doesn't currently have any gunmetals listed, but if you contact him I'm sure he can get them direct form American Racing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-20X...9349QQtcZphoto

Thanks man...
I 'll have to wait for the wire transfer first. About $45 Grands. I have to go to Ford, buy a new GT conv., mod it up and send it to Belgium.
It's gonna be a black on black car with black razors and all.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:07 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

Sounds like its gonna be pretty sweet looking. And correct me if i'm wrong but the only place i have seen the black shelby razors are on shelby's website, i know they just came out with the blacks like 2 months ago so maybe some distributors have them by now.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:14 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

The only difference is the Shelby name on them.
Actually, it's not the only difference. The Shelby Razor has gunmetal spokes and a polished lip, with chrome allen screws on the perimeter. The regular Razors, like you have seem to be all polished. Sorry, but this is the best pic I have right now. You really can't tell the true color contrasts b/c the sun is directly on it.

It's not real clear in the picture but mine also have the polished lip, the chrome allen screws and they are painted. However, I have mine painted silver as apposed to gunmetal as I have matching silver rally stripes. I'm pretty certain the only diference is the name idk.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Chritaka

ORIGINAL: PLstang
It's not real clear in the picture but mine also have the polished lip, the chrome allen screws and they are painted. However, I have mine painted silver as apposed to gunmetal as I have matching silver rally stripes. I'm pretty certain the only diference is the name idk.
Yes, the lip and allens are the same. The only difference is the Shelby inscription in one of the spokes,Shelby is Gunmetalpainted instead ofSilverand the Cobra emblem center caps. I liked the cleaner look of the Silver ones as it accented the Tungsten better IMO and didn't want the Cobra emblems on the car since it's not a Cobra.... I think it's funny when guys think they have a better wheel just because it has Shelby inscribed in it and a sticker, not that anyone here does, but I ran into a guy the other day that did. They're the same wheel...you're just paying a little extra for an inscription and sticker...He talked about his 4.30 gears and his cheapgeneric eBay CAI...then I showed him the Whipple and suspension.

I picked mine up at the local Discount Tire for $195.00 ea. for the 20x9 almost a year ago. They had them to me in 3 days. Also, watch it when they mount them. They have fairly narrow lug holes and they ended up messing up the paint on a lug hole during mounting. I had them replace the wheel and all the lugs with narrower tuner type lugs/locks to be safe, plus they didn't want to have to replace another rim.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:59 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: blaven

Sounds like its gonna be pretty sweet looking. And correct me if i'm wrong but the only place i have seen the black shelby razors are on shelby's website, i know they just came out with the blacks like 2 months ago so maybe some distributors have them by now.

If black's not available, I'll paint the silver ones and nobody will know... The customer is OK with this.
I'll post pics as soon as I start the job. It should take me no more than a week.

Quick Reply: Shelby Razors, where can i find them?