Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My encounter with a GT500 today, Quite douchey

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 08:30 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: My encounter with a GT500 today, Quite douchey

moose, quit goofin' off and get back in
the garage!

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Am I the only one that doesn't like the GT500? I would buy a C6 way before I dropped $50k on that thing.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:45 PM
cabbagedog
I ♥ Acer

Like someone said, car guys are car guys, and they don't look down on other car guys' rides. I have a friend who drives a Z06 and loves my GT. Those prissy smart-alecks you ran intoprobably can't even change their own oil, and would look down on you if you did. They just don't get it.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:05 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

It's just proof that money cannot buy class.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BAMFstang

I'm waiting at a light to turn left. Across from me, a Red GT500 pulls up to the light. He has the red and I get the green arrow to turn.

I begin turning and he turns right damn near taking me out in the process. He turns into my lane , which is the farthest lane from him. I yield even though I have the right of way and an accident would have resulted in him being ticketed.

The driver is a guy about mid 50's, gray hair, george hamilton tan, and is just oozing mid life crisis. I tell you this because of his total douchebaggery to come.

So anyway, A mile or so down the road, we come to another red light and he pulls along side me. I lower my window and he gives me this smirk and says " How fast is too fast?" I laugh and tell him ' you got a nice Shelby there, you might want to watch what your doing if you want to keep it that way."
He says "What do you mean?"

I explain to him what he did ( surprisingly I am not a dick and I actually calmly tell him what almost happened ) that he almost took the entire passenger side of my car out by not paying attention. His reply was to act so douchey I could almost smell the vinegar seeping from his pores.

He points up (he's in a vert with the top down) and says " I couldn't see you with the sun beating down in my eyes" He the laughs like what he said amused anyone other than himself..

I am slightly annoyed at this pompous *** but remain calm and tell him "Well drive safe man"

He proceeds to start revving and acting like he wanted to race. Oh did I mention he had a little girl in the passenger seat all of about 10yrs old. No seatbelts and he is trying to get me to race.

I just drive away from the light casually and he keeps hitting it hard enough to make the car lurch forward then he backs off the gas.

We get to another light and he hollers at me " This was the first one off the line "

I just nod and drive away.

You should have reminded him that the first one "off the line" sold at barrett jackson auto auction.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:36 AM
mobydick
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Furinox

ORIGINAL: BAMFstang

I'm waiting at a light to turn left. Across from me, a Red GT500 pulls up to the light. He has the red and I get the green arrow to turn.

I begin turning and he turns right damn near taking me out in the process. He turns into my lane , which is the farthest lane from him. I yield even though I have the right of way and an accident would have resulted in him being ticketed.

The driver is a guy about mid 50's, gray hair, george hamilton tan, and is just oozing mid life crisis. I tell you this because of his total douchebaggery to come.

So anyway, A mile or so down the road, we come to another red light and he pulls along side me. I lower my window and he gives me this smirk and says " How fast is too fast?" I laugh and tell him ' you got a nice Shelby there, you might want to watch what your doing if you want to keep it that way."
He says "What do you mean?"

I explain to him what he did ( surprisingly I am not a dick and I actually calmly tell him what almost happened ) that he almost took the entire passenger side of my car out by not paying attention. His reply was to act so douchey I could almost smell the vinegar seeping from his pores.

He points up (he's in a vert with the top down) and says " I couldn't see you with the sun beating down in my eyes" He the laughs like what he said amused anyone other than himself..

I am slightly annoyed at this pompous *** but remain calm and tell him "Well drive safe man"

He proceeds to start revving and acting like he wanted to race. Oh did I mention he had a little girl in the passenger seat all of about 10yrs old. No seatbelts and he is trying to get me to race.

I just drive away from the light casually and he keeps hitting it hard enough to make the car lurch forward then he backs off the gas.

We get to another light and he hollers at me " This was the first one off the line "

I just nod and drive away.

You should have reminded him that the first one "off the line" sold at barrett jackson auto auction.
It could have been the First Red Vert GT500 that came off the line, Although it's not likely! There were 809 built!
Old 09-04-2007, 05:52 AM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT Bob

It's funny... On Friday Night and Saturday morning, I had run-ins with 2 seperate GT500 owners...

Friday night, I was going to a brew pub with a friend. I Parking is limited and I saw a guy walking across the lot to his car, so I waited for him to get into his car so I could take his spot. He gets into his car and it's thewn I notice it's a GT500. He gets in, drops the tops, and backs out and stops next to me. I drop my window and say to him "Nice ride man. Not many Alloyaround here."...and he says to me, "betcha wished you could afford this instead of that POS." and pulls away laughing to himself...

Saturday morning, I am driving down a 4 lane road and I see a red GT500 hardtop with the white stripes, which is thesame color combo I have, coming up behind me. We end up side by side at the light, me in the turn lane and him going straight. I smile at him and give him a thumbs up as I roll down the window. He looks at me, gives me the finger and spits on the door to my car as he drives away. So help me god, if there wasn't a cop two cars behind me, I would have rammed him.

I mean, I must be the anti-typical Mustang owner from what I hear... I wave to EVERYONE who has a car that they take care of and have put work into making or keeping nice.. Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Honda's, Toyota's... Cars or Trucks... I don't give a ****. If it's nice and theres hard work put into it, I show respect for it, even if it's not to my tastes... whats up with the snobby ******** coming into the car culture these days?
Man u are a really nice person.. I dont know how it goes in the US but if it was in UAE I'd go after him stop him and beat the **** out of him let him clean the spit then leave him crying. or if he looked stronger than me I just do the usual.. I go infront f him slow down and gass it to hell let of the clutch till he dissapears..

I really hate this type of people..

Old 09-04-2007, 05:54 AM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohsixgt1217

I ran into a douche bag GT-500 driver over the weekend. He was at the light reving, i opened my window and told him how it's nice and i dont see too many around. He responded with " These are man cars, the GT's are for little boys". (im 20 so i assume he was reffering to me). I looked at him and laughed. He kept revving. Well needless to say i have an electric bottle opener so i proceeded to embarrass his stock GT-500 when to light turned green. No ricer fly by, no nothing. He just got behind me in my lane and went 5 under the speed limit untill i turned.

I hate you... Now im thinking of getting Jolene <-- (MY GT) juiced..
Old 09-04-2007, 06:49 AM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

I haven't had any GT500 encounters, but I do sense the snotty attitude from some vert owners.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:51 AM
lad30nyc
1st Gear Member

Just bottom line, most guys I've come across with beautiful GTs or 500s are just bottom line dick weeds.
I was at a car show recently and a guy rolls in with a brand new GT500 (perf white with blue stripes) and I asked if he enjoyed the car and if was really worth it.
His response " Why kid? Jealous?"
My response "No dick weed, far from jealous, I was just curious, and I'm not a kid you old *****! But do me a favor before you go home to change your Depends wrap your ride around a tree see if the air bags work!"
Old 09-04-2007, 12:35 PM
BAMFstang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT500OC

I have owned a Shelby since 6/15/06 and I have gotten my share of attention from all types ever since I drove it off the lot. I have NEVER disrespected anyone (maybe a couple of ricers), unless they asked for it and then I more that obliged them with showing them a beautifully designed rear end and air diffuser.

Live and let live and appreciate things you don’t necessarily understand, but if they have to be A-holes, show them that they are not everything that the believe they are!

GT500OC
When I started this thread, I in no way meant it as a shot at all or even most GT500 owners. Everyone is different and I just happen to have an encounter with a real assface.

I don't see very many GT500's tooling around so in that rare encounter, I just happened to run into a total moron.