Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car and Driver goes to VIR.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:43 AM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Car and Driver goes to VIR.

As said before the mustang was not designed to be adream handling car, just remember it comes with a prehistoriclive (solid) rear axle, you can make it handle better with some suspension upgrades but it will never be IRS so you can not compare it to Corvettes, BMW's or Japanese cars when it comes to handling
Old 09-03-2007, 10:44 AM
hogpowr
3rd Gear Member

www.brenspeed.com you are one spring compressor rental away from having the handling you desire!!

Steeda ultra lite springs 220.00
tool rental0.00
front end alignment 75.00

and Bam you are ROLLING.......................ya baby.

https://mustangforums.com/m_3070963/tm.htm here is a link on the install its a piece a cake.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:02 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I'm sorry I find these threads so ignorant... I am sick of writing responses to my Mustang can't do this, my Mustang won't beat the new Camaro etc... The car is $28,000 and if you want a dam road course car put $1000 in your suspension and you would be surprised, so stop whining. If you would like to go autocross somewhere I will whip your little Pontiac's @ss and force you to sell it and buy suspension mods so you will stop crying about what your Mustang should be.
[sm=rant.gif]

-Jeff
Old 09-03-2007, 11:54 AM
nkx1
2nd Gear Member

I'm sorry I find these threads so ignorant... I am sick of writing responses to my Mustang can't do this, my Mustang won't beat the new Camaro etc... The car is $28,000 and if you want a dam road course car put $1000 in your suspension and you would be surprised, so stop whining. If you would like to go autocross somewhere I will whip your little Pontiac's @ss and force you to sell it and buy suspension mods so you will stop crying about what your Mustang should be.
[sm=rant.gif]
-Jeff
I completely agree. Although the mustang is the only rear-wheel drive car, excluding trucks/suv's, that I can think of that still has (as someone else put it) a prehistoric live axle, and it handles accordingly. I wish Ford would not be so cheap and include an IRS system on the Mustang. I would take a C6 (or maybe a C5) any day over my Mustang, but I don't have enough $$ to buy a low mileage, late model C5/C6. I got my new GT for just over $22k. For that price, I can't think of any car that offers the Mustang's performance, which is why I bought a Mustang.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:14 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

The Solstice is an amazing sports car, the Mustang isnt. Its a muscle car. Don't get them confused.

When I autocross I cringe taking my Mustang there despite the suspension mods I've done. This is because I know all the WRX, Lancer, Vettes and the two Solstices that will be there. They don't even try and they tear through the course with no probs.

But eh.... It depends what you're looking for. I wanted loud raw power more than true sports performance, and I couldnt afford a Vette obviously. The Mustang gives you that loud power for a nice price.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:30 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Look at all the other cars in that list. They are all for the most part.. short, wide, and low. Theyre designed from the factory to take corners...

And again, the Mustang is not a "muscle car". It never has been, probably never will be.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:56 PM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

so you all would take a vette any day over the stang? i thought you guys were ture mustang fans...
Old 09-03-2007, 04:03 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Yes Id rather have a vette - but not for an additional $20K!!!!! Not worth it, so yes if you offer a flat-out trade then I'd take it.

But if you said I could then give the vette up for a Jag XKR then Id say yes to that too. And then I'd be giving up the XKR if you offered a Porsche Carrera GT. THen Id give that up for a Bagotti Veyron.

And on and on it goes. The point is, don't ask if I'd give up the mustang for a better performing and subsequently higher-priced car, because in a flat-out trade you'd be crazy to say no.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz
Yes Id rather have a vette - but not for an additional $20K!!!!! Not worth it, so yes if you offer a flat-out trade then I'd take it.

But if you said I could then give the vette up for a Jag XKR then Id say yes to that too. And then I'd be giving up the XKR if you offered a Porsche Carrera GT. THen Id give that up for a Bagotti Veyron.

And on and on it goes. The point is, don't ask if I'd give up the mustang for a better performing and subsequently higher-priced car, because in a flat-out trade you'd be crazy to say no.
Veyron[sm=gears.gif](I can't find the drooling smiley) MMM power just need 600+K to rent or 3Mill to buy
Old 09-03-2007, 04:12 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

would you give up the veyron for a jet j/k

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car and Driver goes to VIR.