Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the rule on the streets these days ? :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 09:53 PM
StantheMan
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Whats the rule on the streets these days ? :)

I pick my spots, I had one of those 200hp Civics (Can't remember what they call it, ST or something) pull up to me last week, 2 lanes that turn into one, My lane is continuous, his lane ends, I start off just a little aggressive, keeping this ricer in check, I really didn't mean to, but the look on his face was precious when I laid a long chirp into 2nd, he was ear level with my rear tire and I think it startled him. What wasthis Ricer idiot think I was going to do, slow down and let him cut me off, get real. At the same time, I do not accept challenges for a street race, I live a couple of blocks from a high school, this time of the year cops lay out looking to tap into this revenue source.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:02 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Ive street raced a few times just to show up obvious ricers, but I refuse to ever street race again. Its too dangerous, not just for people but also for my no-ticket-or-criminal-record history. If billy bob in his giant confederate-flagged truck, or master drizzle in his dropped chrysler 300 SRT-8, want to rev and shoot past me at a light then so be it. I'll keep the comfort of knowing I'm making it home alive and without a date in court.

I've learned to appreciate 'order' and 'routine' when it comes to life, and I do anything to avoid letting something bad change those things.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:06 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

"I've learned to appreciate 'order' and 'routine' when it comes to life, and I do anything to avoid letting something bad change those things. "

bravo!
Old 09-03-2007, 10:08 PM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

I cannot tell you how many times EACH DAY I get 'revs' and eyeballs peering out windows looking for a reaction from me. Hell, I've had old lady's and dudes in minivans give the 'look' or 'rev'.

90% of the time, it's just because they just want to see the car 'go' and I don't oblige them cause they are certainly not going to pay my ticket. If it's a ricer or a dumb kid who hasn't a clue, I usually just laugh (making sure he sees me) and be on my way gingerly.

The ONLY time I would ever play anywhere but the track is if it was a serious car and we were in a safe situation. By 'Safe' I mean a stretch of freeway or road where we were the only two cars around...

Usually, M5's, exotics, mercedes AMG's, vipers, or a Z06 is about all that can get me to bite if the situation is right. Other than that - I just laugh...

RACE ON THE TRACK NOT ON THE STREET![/size]

^^^^ the absolute BEST advice...
Old 09-03-2007, 10:13 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fordfanboy

Usually, M5's, exotics, mercedes AMG's, vipers, or a Z06 is about all that can get me to bite if the situation is right. Other than that - I just laugh...

RACE ON THE TRACK NOT ON THE STREET!

^^^^ the absolute BEST advice...
Its funny you mention the higher-end exotic cars. It seems those cars are the only ones that don't rev or try to race me! Its like the owners of those cars have learned to appreciate things rather than act stupid. Whenever I pull up to a new Corvette or anything above it, I am always sure there will be no childish revving or racing off the line.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

fordfanboy, I though there was a bug on my screen for about 5 seconds.hahahah. I tried swatting it.hahaha.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:35 PM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dennis074.0

fordfanboy, I though there was a bug on my screen for about 5 seconds.hahahah. I tried swatting it.hahaha.

LOL

I did that too the first time i saw it.......................
Old 09-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

There's something about the look of this car that brings out the A-hole in people. It's like a pissing contest everytime I drive it.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:51 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

1+ same here now that I am S/C'd!
ORIGINAL: JD1969

I can't remember the last time I had anyone want to play with my car. I never instigate a race, but if they start it, I am more than happy to finish it.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:05 AM
Local Yokel
2nd Gear Member

I get revved on once in awhile. The last time was some kind of primered Honda with a wing and some gages. Sitting at a light, im going straight and he's in the right turn lane. That was funny enough, but what really cinched it was when my fiance in the passenger seat leaned out the window and looked him straight in the eye and laughed as loud as she could. It was perfect because you could see other people in the cars around us laughing. He turned and I think floored it down the street. Now this isnt the norm and im not saying all Honda owners or cars act like this, its all makes and models with asshat drivers ...

Quick Reply: Whats the rule on the streets these days ? :)