Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the rule on the streets these days ? :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Whats the rule on the streets these days ? :)

Not alot of people try and get a race with me on the street. I always get the "ricer flyby" and i just laugh. Alot of cars line up too just to see my car go faster than them.

i dont know who said it on here but i agree with the only car worth racing are the m5's, amg's and other 6 figure cars
Old 09-04-2007, 04:32 PM
sleeper2
3rd Gear Member

JD, I agree with you that not everyone is envious of our Mustangs, but in addition to the friendly "rev it up, let's hear it" I get every once in a while there are a lot of people who seem to be driving like they have something to prove. And they don't seem too friendly about it! I'm just saying I don't provoke anybody.

Nice quote about the timeslip.

Sleeper2
Old 09-04-2007, 04:46 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

If you know you can't beat them and they know that as well and they still start **** win the other way. Tell them to pull over so you 2 can set the cars aside and talk about it 1v1. it works
Old 09-04-2007, 05:19 PM
bazguitarman
2nd Gear Member

I get that in my area a lot. It`s common in rural/country areas. We have a lot of good back roads for those foolish enough to try it. A lot of kids end up dead because their car is a POS or their driving skills don`t match what their cars can do.

The funniest thing I ever saw was with my last motor build. I built a nice .030 over 327 to put in a `87 Caballero I had. Spent about $4,500 on the motor so it was moderately strong. I put the motor in a `75 Malibu 4-door I had while I was prepping the Cabillero out. I wanted to break the motor in and I had this car sitting around. Now keep in mind this was a huge 4-door car with 2.73 rear gears. With the small motor and big cam combo the car wouldn`t fall out of a tree if you pushed it.

I had long tubes, duals with H-pipe and Hooker Aero Chambers on the car. Just pieced together, but it sounded awesome. Hooker Aero Chambers are great sounding mufflers.

Anyway, I couldn`t drive through town without every stupid SOB I came across wanting to race. And the whole time knowing that I couldn`t outrun anything with at least one cylinder. LOL. The only car I ever raced was a County cop in his patrol car. We went top end on an old closed highway we knew was clean. The car wouldn`t get off the line, but it`s amazing what a 400 horse 327 that would turn 7500 all day will do with a highway gear behind it. Probably the dumbest thing either one of us ever did.

Eric
Old 09-04-2007, 06:35 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: sleeper2

JD, I agree with you that not everyone is envious of our Mustangs, but in addition to the friendly "rev it up, let's hear it" I get every once in a while there are a lot of people who seem to be driving like they have something to prove. And they don't seem too friendly about it! I'm just saying I don't provoke anybody.

Nice quote about the timeslip.

Sleeper2
I see what your getting at, your other post just came across as saying everyone is jelious of my Stang, it would not be the first time I have heard that from a S197 owner. No worries though man.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:35 PM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

Heres the deal. I agree with your "style" per say.

People in Saleen's and GT 500's are 9 times out of 10 jerk off's...jerk off's that have money and don't know a lick about car's...just had the money to buy one.

The kind of comrodery you speak of only exists b/w motorcyles and people with vette's...they do a wave...

Running into a cool mustang guy is slim...it more like that want to hurt or kill you...ridiculous at times...it the "under dog" complex.

Me personally, I'm a thumbs up guy.