Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People that like racing (especially street) plz watch this video

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 05:19 PM
havoc
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: People that like racing (especially street) plz watch this video

Seen it before, lots of Stangs in there. Some S197s too.[&o]
Old 09-04-2007, 05:24 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

geeze, that was depressing
Old 09-04-2007, 10:12 PM
thxultra
2nd Gear Member

Very depressing. The snow crash was the scariest because that guy had to be going fast and didn't realize that the sault is as bad as the snow. I almost wiped once when I first got my car on the sault because I wasn't expecting it to be so slick even after the roads were dry.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

me no wanna race no more . na seriously thats why i dont wanna make my car that crazy

[/align]
Old 09-04-2007, 11:19 PM
tungstenstang
4th Gear Member

i hate it when my hood flys off and my car explodes i will think twice next time my 300hp does a wheelie into the wall. thanks dude
Old 09-04-2007, 11:38 PM
nkx1
2nd Gear Member

i hate it when my hood flys off and my car explodes i will think twice next time my 300hp does a wheelie into the wall. thanks dude
You too? My GT does wheelies at every other light, catches fire all the time, and my hood also flys off sometimes. I finally got a leash for it, so I can just keep driving when that happens.

I would have enjoyed the video much more (hey, who doesn't like to see car crashes) if it weren't posted under the scare tactic premise it was.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:48 PM
tungstenstang
4th Gear Member

"I would have enjoyed the video much more (hey, who doesn't like to see car crashes) if it weren't posted under the scare tactic premise it was. "

Thats funny, but seriously it could happen to anyone, thats how we lost grandma, nitrous blew her up when sherolled at the track.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:52 PM
MantaDreams
3rd Gear Member

uhhh.... so....
do as I say and not as I do?
Since 80%+ of that video are not street legal rides - they are cars I will never have in those configurations, I have difficulty in applying that to my circumstances.

And some of the street legal wrecks could be from anything: racing, drunk driving, driving too fast for the road conditions (that is statistically the number one cause for all wrecks).

Perhaps the better moral of the story?
Old 09-05-2007, 12:58 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I think a better way to scare folks is to show them cold hard truth about what is going to happen to their body after they crash and bleed to death and the doctors can't do a thing to save them. Ever see an autopsy?
Or maybe they should show what happens to Ricky Roadracer's personal possessions after he dies. How all those personal things he holds so dearly will be sold, auctioned off or even stolen before the family has a chance to secure his room or house. And all those expensive mods to his car... well the tow truck driver will be helping himself to those.
If street racers had to notify a mother about the death of her son and witness her breaking down in front of him... well maybe then he'd stick to the track, add safety equipment, get a full helmet, have insurance to cover his burial and bereaved family... maybe.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:42 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Orion_240
I think a better way to scare folks is to show them cold hard truth about what is going to happen to their body after they crash and bleed to death and the doctors can't do a thing to save them. Ever see an autopsy?
Or maybe they should show what happens to Ricky Roadracer's personal possessions after he dies. How all those personal things he holds so dearly will be sold, auctioned off or even stolen before the family has a chance to secure his room or house. And all those expensive mods to his car... well the tow truck driver will be helping himself to those.
If street racers had to notify a mother about the death of her son and witness her breaking down in front of him... well maybe then he'd stick to the track, add safety equipment, get a full helmet, have insurance to cover his burial and bereaved family... maybe.
+1 on safty equ

Quick Reply: People that like racing (especially street) plz watch this video