Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Accident Threads :( *NOW WITH PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 10:52 AM
buddydank
1st Gear Member

Default RE: More Accident Threads :(

I got my rear bumper from newtakeoff and there was only one small issue. I knew I was going to repaint it no matter what since I don't have a factory color on my car so I just randomly picked a color when I ordered it from them. They called me the next day to say they didn't have any bumpers without paint flaws in the color I selected. They offered it to me for half price though! Woot. I told her to send me any color, but one that is in the best condition possible. They sent me a black one and it only had a few small scuffs on the surface but was otherwise in perfect shape. I recommend calling them to place the order to make sure you will get one in the best possible condition in your color.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:39 PM
LMM1967
1st Gear Member

On private property while on vacation in Alabama - girlfriend got backed into on her motorcycle, no injury so the cops would NOT write a report or ticket. The lady that hit my girlfriend refused to take any phone calls or accept certified mail from HER OWN insurance company and they refused to pay. We had to file against our insurance to have the bike fixed and then our insurance company went after her insurance. Took almost a year to get fully resolved.

I vowed that day to NEVER leave the scene of an accident without a police report being taken - even if that means being taken away in an ambulance. If there is injury suspected at all the police have to write a report.

On a side note - the girl that hit my girlfriend owned a "manufactured" home on almost an acre of land in Bay Minet, Alabama - that property and "home" had an assessed value of LESS than the NADA retail value of the motorcycle she hit.

ALWAYS GET A POLICE REPORT - no matter what it takes to get it !!!!
Old 09-06-2007, 01:50 PM
JfabzGt07
1st Gear Member

why the **** is a bytch driving an sti in the first place?
Old 09-06-2007, 03:03 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: pascal

You guys will think I'm nuts but I'm looking into putting a spy cam in my cars like cops do so douche bags in the wrong that try to screw you will be on tape.
No crazy are you crazy are you no.
I have a dash cam with a 2.1mm wide angle lens. It worked for
mylast accident when someone pulled intotraffic right in front
of me. Didnt even see him until I reviewed the video. Got KBB
book + some and thats how I came to own a new 07 Stang.
The DVR and cam was the first mod! I also have a magnet mount
for under-the-car-inches-off-the-ground videos.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Stang Girl13
1st Gear Member

Default RE: More Accident Threads :( *NOW WITH PICS*

ORIGINAL: bmk

Well i hate to add on to the new fad to have your mustang in a wreck. But today was my cars turn. i was finding a parking spot in the school parking lot today and this girl in a subaru sti was going about 45mph on the left side of the 2 way road! Any ways, i pulled a little bit forward to see if any one was coming and boom, she side swipes my front end. thank god only the front fascia was banged up when the license plate cut into it. And thankfully, she claimed fault so she will pay for it. Im thinking about using this as an oppurtunity to get maybe a roush or cervini fascia or something. And if it comes down to it, ill use newtakeoff to get a new bumper.

2 questions:

1. Is newtakeoff good quality? i know its used crap but will they give me a scratched up bumper and stuff?

2. how much would it cost to just install a bumper, if i was to buy it my self and a shop install it?
I have order from NewTakeOff.com and was very pleased.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:45 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

if you get it painted already install it yourself. takes about 30 minutes and saves about 100 dollars. it's like replacing a light bulb. trust me it's not worth taking it to a shop
Old 09-06-2007, 04:56 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

True. Everything you can do yourself is money that you saved but I'll change a light bulb quicker than a Mustang bumper. And I replace more Stangbumpers than light bulbs on a regular basis lol.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:12 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

True. Everything you can do yourself is money that you saved but I'll change a light bulb quicker than a Mustang bumper. And I replace more Stangbumpers than light bulbs on a regular basis lol.
Takes longer, yes. But all you need for that is a 10mm socket and a phillips screwdriver. That speaks for the difficulty of the job. You don't even need to lift up the car. There's 2 bolts on top next to the headlights, 5 on the bottom where the bug deflector is, 4 on the sides and the access to them will be made easier if you partially remove the fender well (phillips screwdriver to remove 3 bolts and 1 plastic clip on each side). It's gonna come off with the grilles and those are snap ons so are the turn signal lamps. I believe I didn't miss anything. Worth a 100 bux?
Old 09-06-2007, 07:23 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: olvanish

Takes longer, yes. But all you need for that is a 10mm socket and a phillips screwdriver. That speaks for the difficulty of the job. You don't even need to lift up the car. There's 2 bolts on top next to the headlights, 5 on the bottom where the bug deflector is, 4 on the sides and the access to them will be made easier if you partially remove the fender well (phillips screwdriver to remove 3 bolts and 1 plastic clip on each side). It's gonna come off with the grilles and those are snap ons so are the turn signal lamps. I believe I didn't miss anything. Worth a 100 bux?

How' bout a small flat screw driver for those push-on clips?
Hey,since we're having fun... Have you ever change a turn signal bulb on a 97 eclipse? I hate to work on that kind of garbage but sometimes I have to do it. Anyway, to do this without busting your knuckles and emptying your cursing bag, you have to be a Gynecologist.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:57 PM
tungstenstang
4th Gear Member

God forbid, and i mean God forbid i get my bumper smashed, Im getting the roush fascia and chin spoiler. works nice with the stock side skirts and bumper, andthe part that suck is, IMO,driving with broken parts makes you look like areckless teen, thats how i felt when my old car got rear ended.

Quick Reply: More Accident Threads :( *NOW WITH PICS*