Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation problem in my 2007 Mustang GT Convertable

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 10:04 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Default RE: Navigation problem in my 2007 Mustang GT Convertable

Seems like if they cant get it right, you should not have to pay.
$250 core to get something back that was yours and paid for?
I have now heard 2 new reasons for not letting the stealership getting
ahold of my stang for mods like that. I'll add them to the mental
list I have going. Any new scratches or dings, rattles etc from
the trip to the stealership?
Old 09-08-2007, 10:54 AM
donsvideo

it works just like the shake 500 holds 6 cd's and it has the IPOD conection in the center compartement and except for teh error message it works great so far, I like to use the same service manager and dealership for everything so i have less problems with warrenty and service because they are the only ones that work on the Mustang and cant blaime anybody but themselves if there is a problem or scratch on the Mustang. we have potential collectors items and i am keeping all records in order.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:25 AM
nkx1
2nd Gear Member

I know that there is better navigation systems out therebut the reason I got the factory one is so it keeps theMustangs originality and value up in the future,in my opinion every timeyoushop forclassicMustangs for salethey are more sought after and worth moreif they only original factory parts, after market parts onMustangs are not a good idea in the long run.
Oh, gotcha. I wasn't necessarily saying the factory navi was bad, since I don't know anything about it.

Regarding the collector car status though, you would be 100x better served by wisely investing $30k in the stock market. After 20-30 years, you'll have way more money than you could ever hope to get for a Mustang in that time. The current Mustangs are way too common to be a collector car any time soon, especially within 30 years. However, I obviously do agree that, in general, a stock car will be more saleable than a modified car.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:56 PM
BrandmotionEng

If you are interested in adding iPod to your factory Navigation Radio and controlling it with the radio: Brandmotion now has the iPod Direct Connect PLUS!

We have lowered the price ofstandard Direct Connect (works on 2006 & up Mustangs)on our website to $225 from $245. There is no mention yet on our site of the PLUS adapter. However, we have the new NAV adapter and are offering it for $225 instead of $245 for 30 days only, to celebrate the launch of PLUS.

To get that price, either call us at 877-276-6456 or order on-line for $225 and make a note in your order (there is a special place for comments) that you have the factory nav. We'll make sure you get the right kit. The plan is that the price will go back up to $245 on Oct.1 for the PLUS and stay at $225 for the basic version.

If you have the factory navigation radio, but not a factory SIRIUS receiver, you'll want to get IPDCFD001N. If you have both you'll want the IPDCFD002N. The website doesn't have these part numbers listed so put that in the comments with the words "factory nav".

Besides working with navigation, we increased the search speed and made the steering wheel controls work better for some vehicles.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:48 PM
linkdar
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BrandmotionEng

If you are interested in adding iPod to your factory Navigation Radio and controlling it with the radio: Brandmotion now has the iPod Direct Connect PLUS!

We have lowered the price ofstandard Direct Connect (works on 2006 & up Mustangs)on our website to $225 from $245. There is no mention yet on our site of the PLUS adapter. However, we have the new NAV adapter and are offering it for $225 instead of $245 for 30 days only, to celebrate the launch of PLUS.

To get that price, either call us at 877-276-6456 or order on-line for $225 and make a note in your order (there is a special place for comments) that you have the factory nav. We'll make sure you get the right kit. The plan is that the price will go back up to $245 on Oct.1 for the PLUS and stay at $225 for the basic version.

If you have the factory navigation radio, but not a factory SIRIUS receiver, you'll want to get IPDCFD001N. If you have both you'll want the IPDCFD002N. The website doesn't have these part numbers listed so put that in the comments with the words "factory nav".

Besides working with navigation, we increased the search speed and made the steering wheel controls work better for some vehicles.
you are going to **** people off here with that post. Please don't try and sell your crap here.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:27 PM
chays446
2nd Gear Member

but the reason I got the factory one is so it keeps theMustangs originality and value up in the future
but you could have got an alpine,kenwood..etc.....then put your factory one back in if you sold it,,and saved $$$
Old 09-09-2007, 03:19 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: donsvideo

it works just like the shake 500 holds 6 cd's and it has the IPOD conection in the center compartement and except for teh error message it works great so far, I like to use the same service manager and dealership for everything so i have less problems with warrenty and service because they are the only ones that work on the Mustang and cant blaime anybody but themselves if there is a problem or scratch on the Mustang. we have potential collectors items and i am keeping all records in order.
Any collectibility for your car would only be if the NAV came with the car when it was ordered. Unless all Navs are dealer-installed options...
Old 09-09-2007, 05:12 AM
donsvideo

when my 2007 Mustangcar built nav wasnt available yet, it was only available at the end of the 2007, so it had to be dealer installed