Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone live in colorado?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 10:29 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: anyone live in colorado?

Oh yea, you guys that live in the mountains are experts on snow and ice. Us flatlanders, as you say don't know much of anything. I'd better move to the mountains so I can be as smart as you.
ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

ORIGINAL: TrIpOd

it would be in colorado springs so definetely up in the mountains.
are there any good snow tires that do well with dry performance as well?
or would snow tires be something i'donly need touse in winter?

also what

are studs as you mentioned Dex?

Uhmmmm, Colo Sps is on the flat. We call em flatlanders. I seldom snows there and if it does, it is gone bu 10 AM. Now to play fair, you folks did get a blizzard last year and we up in the mountains felt for you. You folks don't know how to drive on snow because you rarely see it. We on the other hand see snow 7 months out of the year. That's why we don't consider that Colorado starts at the Kansas line. It starts at Georgetown.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:10 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Do the math. You drive on snow 10 days a year. We do 200.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Shard Phoenix
2nd Gear Member

Woo, this turned into a pissing contest pretty fast.

Point is, the cars are alright in the snow, slightly better than a 2wd truck IMO.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:07 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

the mountains and inclines do make winter driving much harder.. most of minnesota is flat but when i get to hills and winding inclines and declines.. well i guess its not smart to go to those in the mustang during the winter..
Old 09-08-2007, 05:44 PM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

I remember Denver well! Dry cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Got around in Denver OK with street tires.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:28 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GidyupGo

ORIGINAL: TrIpOd

it would be in colorado springs so definetely up in the mountains.
are there any good snow tires that do well with dry performance as well?
or would snow tires be something i'donly need touse in winter?

also what

are studs as you mentioned Dex?

Uhmmmm, Colo Sps is on the flat. We call em flatlanders. I seldom snows there and if it does, it is gone bu 10 AM. Now to play fair, you folks did get a blizzard last year and we up in the mountains felt for you. You folks don't know how to drive on snow because you rarely see it. We on the other hand see snow 7 months out of the year. That's why we don't consider that Colorado starts at the Kansas line. It starts at Georgetown.
Sounds perfect! the less snow the better!
Old 09-09-2007, 11:29 PM
StantheMan
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: anyone live in Colorado?

Giddyupgo, WTF,Why don't you do the math? drive in a little one horse mountain town with less than 1% of the population and drivers as Denver or Co. Springs. 5600 feet, or 8600 feet, whats the difference,it takes a hell of a lot more skill driving with 1000's of inexperienced driverssliding all over the place in snow than driving on empty streets..The issue is not thenumber of snowy days that one drives in, but the obstacles when you have to drive in snow, the thin air up in Georgetown must impair the ability to think rationally and clearly as down here with the Flatlander's.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:42 PM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Well said Stan, The first thing that always gets me going is name calling from small town juvenile. Just cause I live in the Springs, he assumes I've never been to the mountains in the Winter. Just cause he lives there doesn't make him into an expert class driver.
ORIGINAL: StantheMan

Giddyupgo, WTF,Why don't you do the math? drive in a little one horse mountain town with less than 1% of the population and drivers as Denver or Co. Springs. 5600 feet, or 8600 feet, whats the difference,it takes a hell of a lot more skill driving with 1000's of inexperienced driverssliding all over the place in snow than driving on empty streets..The issue is not thenumber of snowy days that one drives in, but the obstacles when you have to drive in snow, the thin air up in Georgetown must impair the ability to think rationally and clearly as down here with the Flatlander's.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:46 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jerjan

Well said Stan, The first thing that always gets me going is name calling from small town juvenile. Just cause I live in the Springs, he assumes I've never been to the mountains in the Winter. Just cause he lives there doesn't make him into an expert class driver.

I beg to differ. I drive from 8000' up to 10,200' everyday. The road is full of lame brained tourists and ski ****** that left their common sense and manors back on the flat. I know all about you city slickers. Most drive like fools and the drop offs are waiting for you if you don't respect the mountain roads. But for the OP, yes, it has a descent climate, just too many people. You can have them.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:51 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

I never said I live in GT. I don't. I live 75 miles from there. I only said Colorado BEGINS at GT. Try reading slower. Silvan Learning Center has classes for reading comprehension I hear.

Quick Reply: anyone live in colorado?