Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone live in colorado?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 03:45 PM
StantheMan
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: anyone live in Colorado?

[sm=WTFsgign.gif]I read just fine, when someone makes a ignorant remark I call them on it!

Since your first remark stating that you live near Georgetown my remarkscould only reference your contention that people who live west ofGeorgetown(inyour case 75 miles away) are far superior snow drivers thanFlatlanders who live 60 miles away. You have the nerve to suggest that I need to further my educational abilitywhen obviously I am not the one that made the ignorant remarks in the first place. I would suggest psychological therapy, you really don't need to degrade other people, to make yourself more seem intelligent.

I have driven in Colorado for over 40 years, anyone that has driven though the Blizzards and drifts in eastern Colorado would also disagree Does Sylvan Learning Centers address Math and Geography.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:09 PM
TrIpOd
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: anyone live in colorado?

anyone use these?
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....es&place=2

I'm also going to buy snow tires, just want some opinions on these in case it starts snowing one day.

thanks guys.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:34 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StantheMan

[sm=WTFsgign.gif]I read just fine, when someone makes a ignorant remark I call them on it!

Since your first remark stating that you live near Georgetown my remarkscould only reference your contention that people who live west ofGeorgetown(inyour case 75 miles away) are far superior snow drivers thanFlatlanders who live 60 miles away. You have the nerve to suggest that I need to further my educational abilitywhen obviously I am not the one that made the ignorant remarks in the first place. I would suggest psychological therapy, you really don't need to degrade other people, to make yourself more seem intelligent.

I have driven in Colorado for over 40 years, anyone that has driven though the Blizzards and drifts in eastern Colorado would also disagree Does Sylvan Learning Centers address Math and Geography.

Show me where I said I lived by GT. I just said TRUE Colorado starts at GT. IN THE MOUNTAINS DUMMY!!! Not down on the flats. Might as well be in Kansas. At least folks in the plains don't have a 3000' dropoff to contend with if they can't drive. I have lived in the flats so I can speak of this by experience. I just wish you would slow down, read the information EXACTLY as I provide it and then speak, write or whatever it is that you are doing.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:28 PM
StantheMan
2nd Gear Member

KMA, Who do you think you are calling me a dummy, I not the ignorant MF that assumes that everyone that lives below 8000 feet is a Flatlander, I could only assume that you lived near GT, because you made the reference to Colorado starting at that city(Look at a Map DUMMY!!). I guess I can assume that you come from A$$hole creation. We have a forum where someone would like to know about the perils of Colorado driving, some stupid idiot is giving the impression that driving in snow in the Front Range area is nothing compared to someone who lives within 75 miles of Georgetown. It is people like you that create the problems misleading people into thinking driving in inclement weather in the Front Range is a piece of cake. Read the statistics, thedeath toll in theFront Range of Colorado is much higher than the rural areas west of Georgetown. Andyes, you may have not statedyou live there, but the fact remains DUMMY, the population ofthe Front Range is 10 fold of the population west of Georgetown. Let it rest, I would like to answer Tripod on his tire question.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:34 PM
StantheMan
2nd Gear Member

I would recommend a tire that accepts metal studs, they are legal here in Colorado, There are a couple tire centers that sell original factory Mustang rims for fairly reasonable. If you have an extra couple of rims you can permanently mount studded snow tires on them and take them off at your convenience. Colorado driving is very unpredictable, we have had winters that are fairly mild, but when the snow and cold weather does hit it can be brutal, it is always best to be prepared.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:08 AM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

The snow is the least of your worries. It's the horsepower robbing altitude that will kill ya![8D]
Old 09-11-2007, 07:50 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StantheMan

KMA, Who do you think you are calling me a dummy, I not the ignorant MF that assumes that everyone that lives below 8000 feet is a Flatlander, I could only assume that you lived near GT, because you made the reference to Colorado starting at that city(Look at a Map DUMMY!!). I guess I can assume that you come from A$$hole creation. We have a forum where someone would like to know about the perils of Colorado driving, some stupid idiot is giving the impression that driving in snow in the Front Range area is nothing compared to someone who lives within 75 miles of Georgetown. It is people like you that create the problems misleading people into thinking driving in inclement weather in the Front Range is a piece of cake. Read the statistics, thedeath toll in theFront Range of Colorado is much higher than the rural areas west of Georgetown. Andyes, you may have not statedyou live there, but the fact remains DUMMY, the population ofthe Front Range is 10 fold of the population west of Georgetown. Let it rest, I would like to answer Tripod on his tire question.

Wow! That Dummy thing really struck a nerve. You need to grow thicker skin. You are correct. I do think that people that drive in our area are better in the snow for no other reason than we get more experience doing it, so that alone makes us better winter drivers. Just like we would be better winter drivers than someone in Hawaii. Not too hard of a concept to grasp is it? And, when we lived in Yuma, CO"snow drift country" our insurance washigher than here and that was WITH all the illegals without insurance driving the cost up. If the death toll is higher in the front range, it is because there are more nimrods that live there and don't know how to drive in the snow. Simple as that. Have a good one flatlander.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:54 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shockme76

The snow is the least of your worries. It's the horsepower robbing altitude that will kill ya![8D]

I thought that too, but our computer adjusts for it pretty well. When we first got the GT, I thought is was great. But, I always wondered what it would be like at sea level. So, last summer, we took it to San Diego. I couldn't tell any difference in it there or at 8000'.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:04 AM
3pedal
1st Gear Member

Default RE: anyone live in colorado?

ORIGINAL: TrIpOd

anyone use these?
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....es&place=2

I'm also going to buy snow tires, just want some opinions on these in case it starts snowing one day.

thanks guys.
I don't know anything about those, but they should be ok on light snow days. If you are never going to go into the mountains in the snow with the Mustang, all seasons might be enough for you. I have a friend with a 04 Gt that gets by with just the all seasons and a couple of sand bags in her trunk. Aside from last year, there are only normally 3 -4 days a year she takes the bus instead of driving. On my last SHO, I ran all seasons in the winter and summers the rest of the time. Of course, I have a 4x4 for the really bad days.