Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM/IPOD through your Shaker system!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 09:12 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: XM/IPOD through your Shaker system!!

Dude, that looks SO nice! Wicked, really. Yeah, I see that your Alpine has the xm receiver built in. But it doesn't have an auxiliary input jack for an ipod or any other form of audio. I must admit though, it looks kick ***. Does it sound good?
Thanks. It sounds amazingly better than the Shaker. I replaced the rear deck speakers with a pair of Infinity Kappas at the same time I installed the head unit. I was stunned how much better the system sounds over stock......

Mike
Old 09-08-2007, 10:07 AM
Gaspi101
3rd Gear Member

I read about those electrical problems with those other "ipod conversion" kits. But those were supposedly replaced back in the beginning of '06 and never made again. In any event, I'm crossing my fingers here....:-)

Hey, Mike....your setup kinda makes me wish I had gone another way....I really like the sound system stock, but it could use a bit more umph, if you know what I mean. Not much, but just enough that I can feel my insides vibrating with the bass....lol. But in the end, I have something you don't: 6-CD changer! (which bites...no, man, i really like your system!) LOL
Old 09-08-2007, 10:14 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gaspi101

I read about those electrical problems with those other "ipod conversion" kits. But those were supposedly replaced back in the beginning of '06 and never made again. In any event, I'm crossing my fingers here....:-)

Hey, Mike....your setup kinda makes me wish I had gone another way....I really like the sound system stock, but it could use a bit more umph, if you know what I mean. Not much, but just enough that I can feel my insides vibrating with the bass....lol. But in the end, I have something you don't: 6-CD changer! (which bites...no, man, i really like your system!) LOL
Very valid point on the 6 disc. However, for me, it was not big deal, as I spend about 98 percent of my time on XM. That's the same reason I don't have a concern on the iPod connection as well.....

Make sure you let us know how the install goes.

Mike
Old 09-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

Very valid point on the 6 disc. However, for me, it was not big deal, as I spend about 98 percent of my time on XM. That's the same reason I don't have a concern on the iPod connection as well.....

Mike
Mike, just out of curiosity...When you got the Crutchfield kit for your radio, was it pretty much plug n' play? I'm considering one of the JVC double DIN radios that they've got in conjunction with the add on XM radio because the cheap stock radio I've got sucks. I've pretty much decided that if I'm going to get it, it'll come through Crutchfield because of their support on installation; everyone says they're A+.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:20 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sprzout

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

Mike
Mike, just out of curiosity...When you got the Crutchfield kit for your radio, was it pretty much plug n' play? I'm considering one of the JVC double DIN radios that they've got in conjunction with the add on XM radio because the cheap stock radio I've got sucks. I've pretty much decided that if I'm going to get it, it'll come through Crutchfield because of their support on installation; everyone says they're A+.
Very much plug and play. They make sure you have all the dash kits, speaker plugs, etc. That you need. The only exception to this is the fact that with MOST aftermarket head units, you need to install a 12V to 5V voltage regulator. If you do not, you MAY get a loud pop thru your subs every time you start your car. It's not difficult, nor costly. Here is a link that I found way back when I did mine. It's not on a Mustang, but it's the same process. Also, if you do a search on it, you will see many good posts on the procedure.

HERE

Mike
Old 09-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

when i first read this i was thinking how does he get satellite radio through his shaker hood scoop? lmao
Old 09-08-2007, 05:12 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: bodyputtyless

You power up the unit and hold down buttons 1 and 6. You will start to see speaker information flash on the read out. Then just push button 6. A code number is displayed. As I was doing this I started to wonder what other things can I find out by knowing how to produce codes on the unit.
There are a lot of diagnostic modes the skipper can be put into.
They are all in the workshop manual as diagnostic testing.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:17 PM
Gaspi101
3rd Gear Member

LOL....didn't think about that...maybe I could put the antenna there....hmmm....

ORIGINAL: Maraman

when i first read this i was thinking how does he get satellite radio through his shaker hood scoop? lmao
Old 09-10-2007, 03:53 PM
oconnellpe2599

Gaspi101:

I installed this same system in my 2007 Mustang GT and have had no problems. The interface and XM modules can be mounted behind the dash while the iPOD is mounted in an accessible area. I mounted my iPOD to the back of the glovebox with 3M tape. The system has worked flawlessly for the 3 months I've had it.

Good Luck,

oconnellpe2599