Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM/IPOD through your Shaker system!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Gaspi101
3rd Gear Member

Default XM/IPOD through your Shaker system!!

Folks. Just bought this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...spagenameZWDVW

Anyone installed this setup? Any thoughts? If it is really what it claims to be, it is the answer to all my prayers, and then some!!!!
Old 09-07-2007, 08:50 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: XM/IPOD through your Shaker system!!

Pretty cool I guess, if you are dead set on keeping the shaker. But the price does approach the cost of a nice after market unit with XM already built in......

Mike
Old 09-07-2007, 08:52 PM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Let us know... How was the install? - seems a bit pricey...

I have a 2006 with Shaker 500 - not sure from all the Not Compatible/Compatible points if it will work with it...
Old 09-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Goody625
3rd Gear Member

I got a similar unit for my Sirius plug and play.......It was less that $100. The install is pretty easy though. It was for mine anyway.

Good luck
Old 09-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Gaspi101
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

Pretty cool I guess, if you are dead set on keeping the shaker. But the price does approach the cost of a nice after market unit with XM already built in......

Mike
I thought about that. But as far as I know, the only aftermarket stereos out there only say "XM Satellite Radio ready," which just means that you can plug in your XM receiver to it and control it through the stereo. The system I just bought comes with the XM receiver, which is $100 by itself....That's the real cool thing about it. The car will look completely stock (which looks amazing to me), but I will have my iPod hidden in the glove compartment (for ever, unless I want to put more songs in with the computer), and I can switch to XM and listen without having wires and a receiver on the outside...I dunno. I'm pretty psyched. Especially about having the whole setup and it looking completely stock. That's going to ROCK.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:56 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gaspi101

Mike
I thought about that. But as far as I know, the only aftermarket stereos out there only say "XM Satellite Radio ready," which just means that you can plug in your XM receiver to it and control it through the stereo. The system I just bought comes with the XM receiver, which is $100 by itself....That's the real cool thing about it. The car will look completely stock (which looks amazing to me), but I will have my iPod hidden in the glove compartment (for ever, unless I want to put more songs in with the computer), and I can switch to XM and listen without having wires and a receiver on the outside...I dunno. I'm pretty psyched. Especially about having the whole setup and it looking completely stock. That's going to ROCK.
Well, I'm not iPod literate, so I cannot speak to that. But this Alpine has XM already built in, don't even need the additional black box.I think all it would need is theiPod cable, but like I said, I don't do iPod.....I picked it up at Crutchfield for 249.00. But if you are trying to maintain the factory appearance, this would not be for you.

Mike

[IMG]local://upfiles/13557/CC428C8E72C34E969290843C9F7E78D9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13557/D9DFDD883CAF40D1A66EF38CC6C378C7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13557/2289E98F90FC4B0F93A352FD854EF571.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-08-2007, 02:42 AM
Gaspi101
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gaspi101

Mike
Well, I'm not iPod literate, so I cannot speak to that. But this Alpine has XM already built in, don't even need the additional black box.I think all it would need is theiPod cable, but like I said, I don't do iPod.....I picked it up at Crutchfield for 249.00. But if you are trying to maintain the factory appearance, this would not be for you.

Mike

[IMG]local://upfiles/13557/CC428C8E72C34E969290843C9F7E78D9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13557/D9DFDD883CAF40D1A66EF38CC6C378C7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13557/2289E98F90FC4B0F93A352FD854EF571.jpg[/IMG]
Dude, that looks SO nice! Wicked, really. Yeah, I see that your Alpine has the xm receiver built in. But it doesn't have an auxiliary input jack for an ipod or any other form of audio. I must admit though, it looks kick ***. Does it sound good?
Old 09-08-2007, 06:46 AM
MrBill04
1st Gear Member

I used a similar setup from peripheral called the ISimple. I had it installed less than a day. It worked at first (@ 4pm till 6pm) The i parked for work (6-6) When i started car next morning all the gauges didn't work, all warning lights were on, no turnsignal, no bright lights, even the dinger when you put key in the ignition didn't work. When i went to uninstall, the radio was so hot i couldn't hold it for very long.
I'm not saying this is the same setup. The harness hooks up the same. I read that others had problems with the peripheral stuff, but the company was standup and has supposed to have fixed the problem. I bought mine from Best Buy for $108 shipped and they refunded my money.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:09 AM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

Here's another company that offers an Ipod connection that uses the head unit controls. It was mentioned in this months Mustang Monthly edition. I sent the company an email, because I too am one of the folks who got burnt by Peripheral Electronics. I was contacted by phone by a rep from the company. He had me go to my car while on the phone and operate the Shaker 500 to produce a code on the read out to ensure that their product would work on my unit. You power up the unit and hold down buttons 1 and 6. You will start to see speaker information flash on the read out. Then just push button 6. A code number is displayed. As I was doing this I started to wonder what other things can I find out by knowing how to produce codes on the unit. Anyway, he answered all my questions. The unit is pricey at $245, however it does allow the use of the factory unit. I have not purchased the unit yet because I was still pondering going with the double din Avic or Eclipse. But the cost of those units is making the switch difficult.

http://www.brandmotion.com/products/...d-adapter.html
Old 09-08-2007, 08:48 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Too many iffsanbuts for them to guarantee that it will
work for all 2005-2007 stangs. They want you to get
it in your car at all costs. Even if it will not work for
your particular OEM stereo. They could have the codes
for the radios it will work with listed and instructions on
how to get the code out of your radio but they want you
to pay and receive and then hope you dont return it.[:@]

Quick Reply: XM/IPOD through your Shaker system!!