Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Already SCREWED UP

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 10:09 AM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Already SCREWED UP

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

Used her feet.[8D]
[8D][8D] Some guys are into that.......

I hear you. I got even one time. My dad told us to go out in the front yard and have at it. She kicked me in the belly, and I got up and chased her up the street. My dad called us back in because porch lights were popping on all around the hood. She let her guard down and went towards the door first. I sucker punched her from behind. I was in deep dog crap then and saw the business end of my dad's belt.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

Body kit now?
Old 09-08-2007, 11:41 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: Thurman

Body kit now?

Yep, OEM hood $700. GT500 hood retails for $712.43 (yesterday's quote as a matter of fact).
If not, any after market ones are cheaper except the Foose hood ($900). $500 should get you some decent.
Front GT and GT/CS bumpersare a few dollars apart too, in case you need one.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:15 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RHuckster

Some moron(simple minded low life piece of ****) hit my 1 month old car lastnight while I was @ the ballpark. No note, no nothing except a bent hood, cracked grill & scraped up bumper cover. I hope they rot in hell!!!

Rick
Sorry man. It's so common. Eldery couple were the likely cause of my first scrape a few weeks ago, was only away from the car for 15 mins and when I came out they had just pulled in. (yeah, I parked far away, go figure). They didn't admit anything, may have hit me and not known it; front corner of their ratty Intrepid had many different colors and scrapes on it. I didn't think of survielence cameras but I will if/when there is a next time. If it was a daily driver I would have a few by now for sure. I've seen a couple incidents where doors were flung open onto other cars and the party was walking away like nothing happened. I've interevened on these and gotten there info and had them date it and sign it(I keep that), I then leave info with other party and report it to the lot establishment. (I also have a contact in the ins industry who contacts the party to make sure they received the info ok and that a signed version and a witness is available. I've done two of these so far. Makes me feel better. If I run into a situation where they won't give me the info I'm calling the police. ...aren't cell phones great?

btw, lucky for me the scrape I got was on the side of the rear bumper cover. If they hit custom paint, I have a PROBLEM. ...especially where my painter has relocated to SC and I'm in MA.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Audioi
2nd Gear Member

Major bummer.
After you kill them its a good excuse to modify the looks of your ride.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:55 PM
RHuckster
2nd Gear Member

Thanks guys.
I went to http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...mp;catalogID=2
They show a base/GT Hood & a Shelby hood, both about the same price.
No listing for a CT front bumper cover, only the base/gt & shelby which I believe uses different headlights & grille. Whats the difference in the GT/CT bumper cover & the standard GT?
I don't even know what the Shelby hood looks like or if it will even fit. I don't have much $$ here since I've got a $500 deductible right off the top.

Rick
Old 09-08-2007, 01:33 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Sorry about that dude! I know how you feel. Just know that it will come back on them sooner or later. My work pickup got hit a month ago, just a big dent in the side, no note just the dent (the size of a basketball)

Some people are just jerks, file a report with the police. May be some paint or something on your car from the bad guy/girl they can log. Never know if they may turn up. Hit and run is a felony many places.

She will be fixed again!
Old 09-08-2007, 02:31 PM
ollied
1st Gear Member

that karma thing is true..they will get theirs
Old 09-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Jackies Stang
2nd Gear Member

Wish we all could put a force field around all the ponys of america and over yonder! I get so upset with just a little paint swirl let alone a fender bender! Lots of luck with your ride!
Old 09-14-2007, 09:11 AM
RHuckster
2nd Gear Member

Thanks guys.
It goes in Monday to be repaired with ALL stock parts. I want the car totally factory from the outside, I like the way the GT looks right out of the factory. I will however in time do some minor Billet upgrades inside & under the hood.
The repairs are going to be right @ $3,100 so far unless they find more damge as they tear into it.

Rick

Quick Reply: Already SCREWED UP