Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

800rwhp mustang

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 02:36 AM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 800rwhp mustang

ORIGINAL: saud alzaabi

im not really a pro at this but ur talking about a project car that will take too long and waste alot of money.. wish u said 800 hp but u want 800 RWHP.. so here is what you get..

change to all solid internals , Stroke it to 5.2 or i dont know if there are bigger kits..do some magic to make it run on methanol, go the biggest procharger , and NOS the f#ck out of it ... lol .. man seriously if u didnt want a gt500 because its heavier then basically your doing the same thing but from a scratch .. dont forget your engine will have to be fully built .. it will be stroked.. you will either add a huge *** turbo or a procharger i dont think the twiin screw is capable of doing such high horsepower ( could be wrong ) by the time you finish building the motor you ill need to get a tranny that will hold that power which means u will swap it for some kinda sequential tranny or this stuff.. your whole rear end will go from 8.8 to 9' bigger better.. for all the weight you gaind u should remove the whole interior..and get lightest rims.. believe me man .. it requires a huge as$ money amount ..

so hear from us... sell the gt get a used Ford GT and get hennesy turbos... best solution for fords power and street legal too.
+1... finally, someone who knows quality mods for the s197
Old 09-09-2007, 07:44 AM
Stage4
2nd Gear Member

How much of this are you dong yourself? that will be a large factor in the cost. In any case, if you really have 75k to spend it's easily possible. I don't think the Shelby is the way to go either. There are alot of 1000hp built motors around (Mine is rated to 950rwhp) for less than $5k. Add alarge bloweror large turbo (76mm or larger), and run it at 25 psi. That will be dang close -750 or 800 to the wheels. You're probably looking at $7k for that. Add a complete fuel system (Lethal - $1300), built tranny ($3k), and rearend ($2k) and away you go. You may as well upgrade cams and springs on the new motor too. From what i hear, several people run 700 hp on stock heads (no porting). All for less than $20k, you'll pay that plus some for a Shelby over the GT. I would do the large turbo and put a boost controller on it ( i have one on mine) so you can turn it down for the street, but go full boost at the push of a button. I'm looking to get to 600rwhp at the tuner next week, but my fuel lines may limit that. If you know what you want and can afford it, just go for it.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:52 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

YOU ARE ASKING THE WRONG QUESTION

It is not how much HP you want it is how much you are willing to spend.

Andrew
Old 09-09-2007, 06:54 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: lldsandsll

ORIGINAL: saud alzaabi

im not really a pro at this but ur talking about a project car that will take too long and waste alot of money.. wish u said 800 hp but u want 800 RWHP.. so here is what you get..

change to all solid internals , Stroke it to 5.2 or i dont know if there are bigger kits..do some magic to make it run on methanol, go the biggest procharger , and NOS the f#ck out of it ... lol .. man seriously if u didnt want a gt500 because its heavier then basically your doing the same thing but from a scratch .. dont forget your engine will have to be fully built .. it will be stroked.. you will either add a huge *** turbo or a procharger i dont think the twiin screw is capable of doing such high horsepower ( could be wrong ) by the time you finish building the motor you ill need to get a tranny that will hold that power which means u will swap it for some kinda sequential tranny or this stuff.. your whole rear end will go from 8.8 to 9' bigger better.. for all the weight you gaind u should remove the whole interior..and get lightest rims.. believe me man .. it requires a huge as$ money amount ..

so hear from us... sell the gt get a used Ford GT and get hennesy turbos... best solution for fords power and street legal too.
+1... finally, someone who knows quality mods for the s197
dunno about that. From what I have seen Stroking a past 298 you loose your knock sensors

Andrew