Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Snow Blower Versus Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 08:25 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Default Snow Blower Versus Mustang

So I'm trying to water the grass outside but the hose isn't working despite looking straight down the end of it Keystone Cops style. The hose runs under the closed garage door, next to the Mustang and onto the faucet.
In the garage I go to investigate and I see the Mustang rear wheel is on the hose blocking the water flow.
Back in the house to get the keys (Getting fed up now), come back, unlock the car, open the door, knock it out of gear and push it forward a bit.
Walk round the back of the car to see it it's enough, which it isn't. Meanwhile, unnoticed by me, the door has pulled the classic Mustang trick of opening a further 25 degrees on that dumb-*** latch thingy.
So I try to push the car further forward from the rear of the car but it won't go 'cos it's kinda halfway on the hose and off the hose, so the car is rocking like 3 inches back and forth
Finally I get the hose released and go to shut the Mustang up and that's when I see the door edge has been grinding away on a sharp part of the snow blower [:@] it's taken about 1.5" of paint off to the bare metal, right off the edge at door handle height [:@]

Oh yea, deep joy. My mood was SOOOOO good for about an hour afterward, as you can imagine. It's not the damage as much as being angry with myself for being so DUMB

I've started to build up touch-up paint onto it and I may feel brave enough to fine wet-n-dry it at some point in an attempt to smooth it.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:55 PM
07BeastGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Snow Blower Versus Mustang

Sounds harsh. Get some pics
Old 09-08-2007, 09:02 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

I can't face taking pictures of it. It's not much compared to some of the bad luck that's been circulating on here recently but bad enoughto upset me LOL
Old 09-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

OUCH!!!!!
Old 09-08-2007, 09:19 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

yikes!
Old 09-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: marcuskeeler

So I'm trying to water the grass outside but the hose isn't working despite looking straight down the end of it Keystone Cops style. The hose runs under the closed garage door, next to the Mustang and onto the faucet.
In the garage I go to investigate and I see the Mustang rear wheel is on the hose blocking the water flow.
Back in the house to get the keys (Getting fed up now), come back, unlock the car, open the door, knock it out of gear and push it forward a bit.
Walk round the back of the car to see it it's enough, which it isn't. Meanwhile, unnoticed by me, the door has pulled the classic Mustang trick of opening a further 25 degrees on that dumb-*** latch thingy.
So I try to push the car further forward from the rear of the car but it won't go 'cos it's kinda halfway on the hose and off the hose, so the car is rocking like 3 inches back and forth
Finally I get the hose released and go to shut the Mustang up and that's when I see the door edge has been grinding away on a sharp part of the snow blower [:@] it's taken about 1.5" of paint off to the bare metal, right off the edge at door handle height [:@]

Oh yea, deep joy. My mood was SOOOOO good for about an hour afterward, as you can imagine. It's not the damage as much as being angry with myself for being so DUMB

I've started to build up touch-up paint onto it and I may feel brave enough to fine wet-n-dry it at some point in an attempt to smooth it.
... and you post this on a public forum? Why not do the right thing this time and get a professional to fix it?
Old 09-08-2007, 09:45 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

this is clearly all god's fault for making it snow in the north...
Old 09-08-2007, 09:55 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

Excuse me while I throw up.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:50 AM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

... and you post this on a public forum? Why not do the right thing this time and get a professional to fix it?
Eh/ What do you mean "This time", have I missed something?
Old 09-09-2007, 09:50 AM
06elnr
5th Gear Member

damn that sucks...

Quick Reply: Snow Blower Versus Mustang