Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Local death in Mustang GT.....Please read

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 05:12 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Local death in Mustang GT.....Please read

The older you get the more of these stories you hear. "Young and dumb" is a coined term for a reason, survival of the fittest mind and body is my motto. Your life isn't guarenteed so the longer you live the more idiotic deaths you hear of. You'll get no sympathy here because I'm glad this waste of matter didn't take any innocents with him. jmo of course
Old 09-09-2007, 05:58 PM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

He probably just finished altering his throttle response by opening up the pedal potentiometer. Then added the Royal Purple.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:30 PM
Charlie321
2nd Gear Member

I don't have a lot of tolerance for racing on public roads. A couple of street-racing a-holes put my wife in the hospital a few years ago. As far as I'm concerned, the roads are safer without this guy on them, and at least he didn't take any innocent people with him. Keep it on the track, guys.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:40 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

if you improve your suspension and tires, you will be able to push the envelope farther.....that means going even faster and probably lossing control of the car just as easy and at a higher rate of speed...suspension and tires arent going to help you in most cases.....when you push any car to far **** happens, whether it be a race car with road race suspension setup or not.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:51 PM
superdavid
4th Gear Member

My car very, very rarely sees tripple digits. The aerodynamics on the classics just aren't right, even with brakes and suspension work.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:35 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

It doesn't help that Hollywood shows cars making 90 degree turns at 120. While most will know that's impossible there are a few withzero common sense. Young people are going to die in fast cars, lowering the car isn't going to help. I've said it before and i'll say it again until i'm dead. If a parent buys their kid, or helps buy,a 300hp rwd muscle car like the 2005 mustang gt, they are absolutely, positively the stupidest mother ****ing idiots on this planet and we could do without their offspring.

Sorry to be so blunt, but i'm not one of those touchy feely bible pushing people who believes every human life is precious. Needless to say my kid is going to get some crappy used fwd car with just enough power to get out of its own way.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:37 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bodyputtyless

He probably just finished altering his throttle response by opening up the pedal potentiometer. Then added the Royal Purple.
[sm=funnypostabove.gif] No ****. My gas pedal is allready to sensitive.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang
It doesn't help that Hollywood shows cars making 90 degree turns at 120. While most will know that's impossible there are a few withzero common sense. Young people are going to die in fast cars, lowering the car isn't going to help. I've said it before and i'll say it again until i'm dead. If a parent buys their kid, or helps buy,a 300hp rwd muscle car like the 2005 mustang gt, they are absolutely, positively the stupidest mother ****ing idiots on this planet and we could do without their offspring.

Sorry to be so blunt, but i'm not one of those touchy feely bible pushing people who believes every human life is precious. Needless to say my kid is going to get some crappy used fwd car with just enough power to get out of its own way.
+1
if you don't pay for it yourself then you won't respect it as much (and respecting what you own and what it can do is very important)
my first car was a v6 85 t-bird and I learned alot about cars and respecting what you own (the car was good and I would still have it if that civic hadn't hit me) I had to pay back the $500 that it cost (to my mom)as soon as I could and I did before it was hit
Old 09-09-2007, 07:47 PM
Rader99GT
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: bazguitarman

I`ve been doing a lot of research into the S197 suspension and available parts for improvement. Today I was at my local Ford dealer talking to their suspension guy about it. While I was there he showed me some pics of a wrecked `06 GT. A young local boy had been killed after he lost control of his car and ran off the road. He was driving too fast. No alcohol involved. Just too much speed.

So I decided to post in one of the threads concerning handling and lowering packages today and wanted to not only list some parts, but also say something about setting a car up to "safely" drive at high speeds on the public streets. I just wanted to ask everyone to read it. It`s a long post, but it may help some newer drivers who don`t have any experience with faster cars. I don`t want to see any more wrecked Mustangs with blood all over them.

https://mustangforums.com/m_934501/m...tm.htm#3837574
Personally, I think this should be saved for the track anyway...Highways or interstates are bad enough as they are...plus cops are EVERYWHERE [:@]
Old 09-09-2007, 08:01 PM
05Retro
3rd Gear Member

Lets face it we all like speed it's in our blood, why do you think we drive a muscle car. I remember whenI took my fathers car to school the first day I think I drove it all the wayhome in passing gear. I' ve had my share of muscle cars and believe me when I had them on the road I tortured the sh-t out of them.I wasn't one for high speed driving but more of a good holeshot and power shifting thru the gears but then let off. Today alot is probably influenced by the moviesdrifting, donuts,cornering. Personally I feel these new trends are more dangerous to the occupants and bystanders and are much more abusive on the cars. As far as horsepower goes we all strive for more but really how fast can you go on the street safely and not get ticketed also. I'm sure our 300HP cars can get us in just as much trouble as these 500HP cars can. Use this HP wisely at the track.

Quick Reply: Local death in Mustang GT.....Please read