Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Local death in Mustang GT.....Please read

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 09:50 PM
bazguitarman
2nd Gear Member

Default Local death in Mustang GT.....Please read

I`ve been doing a lot of research into the S197 suspension and available parts for improvement. Today I was at my local Ford dealer talking to their suspension guy about it. While I was there he showed me some pics of a wrecked `06 GT. A young local boy had been killed after he lost control of his car and ran off the road. He was driving too fast. No alcohol involved. Just too much speed.

So I decided to post in one of the threads concerning handling and lowering packages today and wanted to not only list some parts, but also say something about setting a car up to "safely" drive at high speeds on the public streets. I just wanted to ask everyone to read it. It`s a long post, but it may help some newer drivers who don`t have any experience with faster cars. I don`t want to see any more wrecked Mustangs with blood all over them.

https://mustangforums.com/m_934501/m...tm.htm#3837574
Old 09-08-2007, 09:55 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Local death in Mustang GT.....Please read

i wonder if the young local boy (R.I.P), had
traction control on or off

Old 09-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

I hate hearing crap like that.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:22 PM
bazguitarman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hammeron

i wonder if the young local boy (R.I.P), had
traction control on or off

I don`t know. The guy that showed me the pics didn`t have much info. Other than the guy was young and that he drove straight off a sharp curve and down a very steep and deep embankment. The guy does a lot of performance suspension work and was trying to impress on me how important it was.

My parts list is debatable, but the importance of upgrading the suspension is what I wanted to get across.

Eric
Old 09-08-2007, 10:24 PM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

Actually the lesson here is not to drive fast on public roads. If you do, you have to accept the consequences that may occure (wrecking, injury or worse death to you or someone else.) Sounds like he was a young kid that didn't know that these cars aren't made for cornering!
Old 09-08-2007, 11:05 PM
bazguitarman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shockme76

Actually the lesson here is not to drive fast on public roads. If you do, you have to accept the consequences that may occure (wrecking, injury or worse death to you or someone else.) Sounds like he was a young kid that didn't know that these cars aren't made for cornering!

Yeah, that`s the bottom line. But I wasn`t about to come on a Mustang forum and tell people not to drive fast.

These guys are going to drive fast. But I see a lot of drivers who are worried about nothing but power and I just wanted to say something about that. C`mon, what are you going to do with 500 rwhp if you can`t keep your car on the road?

Eric
Old 09-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bazguitarman

So I decided to post in one of the threads concerning handling and lowering packages today and wanted to not only list some parts, but also say something about setting a car up to "safely" drive at high speeds on the public streets. I just wanted to ask everyone to read it. It`s a long post, but it may help some newer drivers who don`t have any experience with faster cars. I don`t want to see any more wrecked Mustangs with blood all over them.

Is this some kind of a sick joke? Go away you retard.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:36 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Sounds to me like the kid was running royal purple in his tranny
Old 09-09-2007, 12:38 AM
bazguitarman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rt1Rebel

Dude, what is your problem? Do you think it`s a joke that some kid died in a Mustang because his car wouldn`t handle a sharp curve?

I saw the pictures of the car. I assure you that it`s not some kind of sick joke. If you don`t like it that I tried to get that across than keep it to yourself and don`t be a huge f`n dick.

Eric
Old 09-09-2007, 12:45 AM
acrokat
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rt1Rebel

Dude, what is your problem? Do you think it`s a joke that some kid died in a Mustang because his car wouldn`t handle a sharp curve?

I saw the pictures of the car. I assure you that it`s not some kind of sick joke. If you don`t like it that I tried to get that across than keep it to yourself and don`t be a huge f`n dick.

Eric
You missed his point entirely. The fact is there is NO SITUATION where driving at high speed is safe on a public road. You are kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Few of us (myself NOT included) know how to handle any car at high speeds and regardless if you do or not you CANNOT account for the reactions of other drivers or pedestrians. The best you can ever do is guess and hope you arent wrong.

Want to drive fast? Do it at the ****ing track. NOT ON THE PUBLIC ROADS!

Quick Reply: Local death in Mustang GT.....Please read