Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Painted Stock Rims

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 02:40 PM
ADudeInNewJersey
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Painted Stock Rims

They look like **** and I hate em!.... look like I took a crap on them and used the paint brush to spread it around! GET SOME REAL BLACK RIMS YOU BUM!...... sooo stupid!!!... You must live in Union City!!!! right??... You probably wear G-unit clothes and like the yankees... Am I right!?!?!?! *spit*

-John[:-]
Old 09-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Teycho

Think there's a possibility of the same procedure to the standard 18" Fanblade rims? Also, a rundown on materials used and process would be outstanding. They look great.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:05 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

You wear gunit clothes?

lawl
Old 09-10-2007, 03:37 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Hell yeah! Good looks Mike! Now where's that KB at??? haha Too bad im not around at the moment, hope everthing is goin well.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:37 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ADudeInNewJersey

They look like **** and I hate em!.... look like I took a crap on them and used the paint brush to spread it around! GET SOME REAL BLACK RIMS YOU BUM!...... sooo stupid!!!... You must live in Union City!!!! right??... You probably wear G-unit clothes and like the yankees... Am I right!?!?!?! *spit*

haha...
Old 09-10-2007, 03:40 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

bwaaahahhah

ORIGINAL: ADudeInNewJersey

Old 09-10-2007, 03:41 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mike3000

What paint did you use? How long did it take? Can you give me a quick run down?
I just had my windows tinted and it messed with my car's fung shui(sp). Looks like black rims will help the balance.

So, a lil help would be great...

Type of paint to be used on rims?
Prep work?
Sealant/clearcoat needed andif so whichbrand?
Does anyone know if fanblades can be painted?
Rundown on how to do the job (with like coloring book pics/instructions)?
Can you post better pics of your self-painted rims please?

I really dont want to buy new rims. If I can get away with painting them myself =
Old 09-10-2007, 04:12 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

Hey John thanks for that very positive message lol Ok so I went to Auto Zone and bought the basic High Heat Caliper Paint, Black, 500 degrees. I bought Primer, brake cleaner and VHT Clearcoat also high heat. First we taped off the lip and the sidewall of the tire. I also taped the Pony on the center cap. Then we sanded the rim so there was nothing shiny left on the rim. Then we sprayed about 3 coats of primer on each rim.Each coat ofprimer dried within 15 minutes. we waited til each coat was dry to put the next on.Next came the black paint, 3 coats as well. Drying for that took about 15 minutes as well, but by no means does that mean they are dry and ready. Last was the clearcoat, 3 coats as well. We finished at about 2:30 and then went to the Whiskey Cafe, I came back at about 10 and didnt mount them until midnight when I left my friends house to drive home. I would recommend leaving them as long as possible just to be sure. We took the tape off to early imo, but if you plan on doing this I would wait about an hour after the 3rd coat of clear is put on. Hope I answered your questions. And I will get better pics up as soon as I can.

Mike
Old 09-10-2007, 04:40 PM
ADudeInNewJersey
3rd Gear Member

LOL!... 13.2 BA BA BABY!!! I know I can't beat that... Jsut gotta get the KB b4 you for bragin rights for a short while... lol... oh the real.. The wheels look hot.. I just might do them too on the old ones for the track... Permission to do so sir *cough*bi t c h*

-John
Old 09-10-2007, 05:56 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

You should do that and then sell them lol And here are new pics I just took with a camera, hope they look better, lighting is a pain in the *** and I am not photographer.

Mike

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...nt=Rims006.jpg
http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...nt=Rims005.jpg
http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...nt=Rims003.jpg
http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...nt=Rims001.jpg

Quick Reply: Painted Stock Rims