Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wish me luck with my new FREE mod...!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 08:54 PM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Wish me luck with my new FREE mod...!

rofl
Old 09-10-2007, 09:23 PM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

Thats awesome dude;I wish I could get off my fat *** and get it done, I could stand to loose about 40lbs of bear gut. [:@]
Old 09-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

I need to get around to doing this mod
lets see I weigh 260lb last I checked
so I could stand to lose about 80

I don't have any trouble getting in and out of the car
Old 09-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie
I lost 8 lbs. of horsepower-eating flab these past 4 weeks, and will continue till I've lost about 30, which will put me back in fighting trim, and have the added bonus of making the Stang a little bit faster- for FREE.[sm=icon_rock.gif]
so whats your method?
Old 09-10-2007, 09:42 PM
FyouGitive
3rd Gear Member

Colin Chapman (genius engineer and Lotus designer) said something like:

Horsepower makes you faster on the straight. Weight reduction makes you faster everywhere.

(edit: punctuation, error)
Old 09-10-2007, 09:58 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude

I lost 8 lbs. of horsepower-eating flab these past 4 weeks, and will continue till I've lost about 30, which will put me back in fighting trim, and have the added bonus of making the Stang a little bit faster- for FREE.[sm=icon_rock.gif]
so whats your method?

Wish I could tell you I found some secret "fast & easy!" method, but it all boils down to simple (though annoying!) self-control: eating smaller portions of much healthier (low-fat or fat free) food, combined with serious exercise (gym, tennis and swimming) at least 4 or 5 days a week.
My wife is a trained nutricionist, so all I have to do is finally listen to her nagging and follow her sound advice- and it's working like a charm!
Stay tuned for my own private version of "The Biggest Loser".....

P.S. Thanks for your good wishes guys!

Old 09-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Hey, I'll jump on this bandwagon. I'm 6'1" and two months ago I weighed in at 261 lbs. Decided it was time to do something about my weight and jumped into Atkins Diet full force. Threw out the junk food and brought in the high protien low carb food. I'm 30 lbs down as of today, with about 36 to go.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:45 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

so whats your method?
Wish I could tell you I found some secret "fast & easy!" method, but it all boils down to simple (though annoying!) self-control: eating smaller portions of much healthier (low-fat or fat free) food, combined with serious exercise (gym, tennis and swimming) at least 4 or 5 days a week.
My wife is a trained nutricionist, so all I have to do is finally listen to her nagging and follow her sound advice- and it's working like a charm!

Oh so thats your secret that makes it easier
I can atleast kinda brag about having only 158 cholesterol
Old 09-10-2007, 11:08 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

so whats your method?

Oh so thats your secret that makes it easier
I can atleast kinda brag about having only 158 cholesterol

Makes it a bit easier- but requires just as much self-control (no cheating permitted except for once a month).
No more trips to my beloved "all you can eat" Chinese buffet, no more of my beloved so-called "lite" ice cream (from now on just a tiny bowl of zero fat Turkey Hill frozen yoghurt, no more snacking in front of the tv after dinner, etc.).

I would KILL for your cholesterol score dude- mine is 290....!
Old 09-10-2007, 11:17 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024

Hey, I'll jump on this bandwagon. I'm 6'1" and two months ago I weighed in at 261 lbs. Decided it was time to do something about my weight and jumped into Atkins Diet full force. Threw out the junk food and brought in the high protien low carb food. I'm 30 lbs down as of today, with about 36 to go.

Be REALLY careful with that Atkins diet bro- it's a dangerous "quick fix" fad diet, and almost everyone who's been on it has gained back everything they lost (and usually more) as soon as they got off it!
Throw out the Atkins method along with the junk food, and plan a safe balanced long-term healthy diet that you'll be able to stick with as a permanant lifestyle change (along with exercise).
Losing too fast is never good, and it's actually better not to lose more than 2 lbs. a week if you really want to keep it off.

Quick Reply: Wish me luck with my new FREE mod...!