Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not a loud exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 02:40 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Not a loud exhaust

ORIGINAL: MartyMoose

ORIGINAL: Rouier

ORIGINAL: SonicBlue05GT

I gained 75HP and 92 lb/ft TQ the other day when I installed my side stripes. I can't believe the hood scoop only added 42HP though?
it was dyno'd before and after.
Wooooah there big fella. What he said was a little harsh but not unheard of in these here parts (MF). Prolly just a little humor that came across wrong is all.

Though we are, to say the least, a little skeptical of the outcome you posted. Before/after dyno sheet would be fantastic!
But remember you have to use the SAME car for those dyno runs!
Old 09-11-2007, 02:44 PM
underdog
1st Gear Member

I am not sure how much horsepower gain you would get but I would think if you went to a larger (3') exhaust from the factory 2.5", the engine would breathe a little better and give a increase in horsepower.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:49 PM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

To the original poster - I wanted the same thing you are looking for and decided on Corsa axlebacks based on discussions on this forum. If you search you will find tons of threads on this (and opinions) but fresh input never hurts They say in the Corsa ad that they will give you 13 HP but, again, based on what I have read on this forum, that is questionable. Good luck whatever you decide on.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:31 PM
MustangSal
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the input and the comedy
Old 09-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

I love internet FIGHTS! Everyone can be a tough guy (or gal)!
Old 09-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

d4rb--- LMAO
Old 09-11-2007, 04:05 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

[sm=icon_rofl.gif]Holy crapp, you guys crack me up........way too much testosterone in this room!!![sm=icon_rofl.gif]

To the original post, I really like my FRPP Borla GT Stingers. Someare in the opinion that they have too much drone but, like you, I wanted something loud but not too loud; drone doesnt seem to bother me!! I live in a neighborhood with many retirees so that was a little important to me.All I have is the axle back, nothing else and I think they sound great! JMO

Old 09-11-2007, 04:11 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

I have BASSANI SS Race axlebacks, then I got crazy and put on a o/r h-pipe...way to freakin loud plus trumpeting and many other unwanted sounds. I threw on some 18" resonators and it is still loud and deep but now no death threats from the neighbors
Old 09-11-2007, 04:17 PM
d4rb
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StowesStang

To the original post, I really like my FRPP Borla GT Stingers. Someare in the opinion that they have too much drone but, like you, I wanted something loud but not too loud; drone doesnt seem to bother me!! I live in a neighborhood with many retirees so that was a little important to me.All I have is the axle back, nothing else and I think they sound great! JMO
+1 on the FRPP Stingers. I put mine on about 3 weeks ago and I love them. The drone doesn't bother me. I can't hear it over the radio anyway.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

Get the GTA's or Corsa ... a nice bump but not too loud like you're looking for and no drone.

As for gaining horsepower on a GT, most people don't see any gains. I know the v6'ers gain HP ... perhaps that other guy is a v6er? Either way, do the upgrade for sound and you'll be happy. Do the upgrade for HP and you might be disappointed.

Quick Reply: Not a loud exhaust