Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad experience with RPM Outlet!

Old 09-13-2007, 07:44 AM
banka87
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Bad experience with RPM Outlet!

ORIGINAL: probinator

ORIGINAL: hammeron

in fairness i have to say, i've purchased
from rpm outlet and had a great transaction

i would purchase from them again, if need be

r u serious....lol....
I feel that it tempts a lot of people just because of the very competetive pricing. But I guess you get what you pay for in customer service
Old 09-13-2007, 12:02 PM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

Do a search on them,I know one guy gave information regarding a contact that the local police department and possibly BBB bureau that handled the RPM Outlet complaints.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:30 PM
bigblueoval

Hi all.....
Im new here, but I thought I should post my RPM Outlet RAPE story so noone else has to go through this. I have a 2003 Cobra, I wanted a Mcleod Street Twin disc clutch. Part number 63308-00-03 (4.6 8bolt crank, alum. fly) I called RPM and talked to a sales guy who claimed to have an '04 Cobra...cool. $1005.90 dollors and a week later a box shows up with a hand written part number on it....63306-00-03.....uhoh,... its a 6 bolt crank fly,...Damn. I look at the invoice and sure enough the part number is wrong but the discription is right........4.6 8 bolt crank fly. Ok no big deal im sure they just F'ed up! I call RPM and get a BS story about how the part numbers are mixed up or some BS and for another $1005.90 they will happily send me the correct clutch (F*%K!!) alright heres my card number.....two weeks go by....no clutch, no call tag for the wrong clutch......nothing, except for a $2000.00 chunk missing from my bank account! Call RPM back....a nasty andobviously un automotive savy salesman tells me they dont have the 8 bolt fly clutch! GOD D*%^T!!!! Ok.......I ask them to please refund the $1005.90 for the second clutch they said they had and didn't and please send a call tag for the wrong clutch(still sitting on my bench) so I can get my cash back on it also. Now the BS gets really thick!!!I'm informed that RPM will not pay for return shipping on the first clutch THEY F*&#ed up on! I'll have to wait 30 days to recieve a credit on the clutch they never shipped!!, OK.........I call RPM again and request to speak to a supervisor...This is now Sept. 13th '07 a month later! (still out $2000.00 by the way) I talk to George who seems to understand the part number/ part description mix up and assures me I'll recieve a full refund for both clutches. OK.....F 'em I call Leathal Performance, shell out more cash for the RIGHT PART, FIRST TIME! Thanks Leathal!! meanwhile I recieve a credit for the second nonexistant clutch a couple days later I recieve a partial credit for the wrong clutch (that I had to pay to ship back) Mother F*&C! It is now almost two months later.. Call RPM again (witch by the way is no easy task) George will not talk to me (coward!) I am informed it is store policy to charge a restocking fee on all parts returned regardless if it is their screw up or not and I will not be reimbursed for return shipping. That is a pretty sweet deal on their part! Man they should just ship everyone the wrong part,and thencharge them a restocking fee.. just think of the profit!! Long story short LOL Beware RPM Outlet!! Call some one who has a friggin clue... Thanks Leathal!!
Old 10-17-2007, 12:35 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

RPM ...SO SUCKS...

all i hear are bad stories ....Stay away.....
Old 10-17-2007, 12:35 PM
brad281
4th Gear Member

Ahuh, another rpmoutlet horror story. How are they still in business? Probably red ink everywhere. Save your time and headache and just never order anything from there. Get a nice little smile when they go out of business.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:41 PM
SonicBlue05GT
4th Gear Member

why aren't people suing these cowardly a$$holes or reporting them to the BBB?

Don't let them just take your money and then continue to take other people's money as well.

I'll never, ever order from them.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Salas
1st Gear Member

I also had trouble with RPM. After several weeks of waiting and calling them, I ended up sending an e-mail (from their web site)
canceling the order. Never heard back from them. I called them about the cancellation, but they never replied. I still got the credit card bill
for the item which they never sent me. I told the credit card that I was not going to pay for it. I am waiting for a
reply from the credit card. I will not buy from them. BTW, see http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0250435.htm
Old 10-17-2007, 01:26 PM
mtnpunk91
1st Gear Member

I will never ever EVER deal with RPM Outlet just based on the negative word of mouth I've heard on this forum.

When I was shopping for my Pypes mid-muffler system, a Pypes customer service rep recommended RPM as a good place to get it from. I laughed out loud and told her about all the crap they pull and how horrible their service is. She sounded surprised and said she would forward the info to her supervisors. I see that RPM is still an authorized dealer, but hopefully one day that will change.

If I need anything for my car, I'll get it at someplace like BlueOvalIndustries.com or AmericanMuscle.com, etc. There are plenty of places that have proven customer service and customer loyalty that nobody ever has to to suffer the likes of an RPM Outlet again.

I just wish there was a way to let EVERY potential online customer know about RPM Outlet so they just skip them right from the begining. I'd love to see that company crash and burn. [:@]
Old 10-17-2007, 01:45 PM
bigblueoval

I just contacted the Huston area BBB......If yall want a good laugh you should look them up on the Huston BBB site..... 122 complaints in 36 months!! Most of the complaints are unresolved. You know I would have gladly paid the the extra $159.34 for the rightpart, first time. Gosh my car was down foralmost two months! At one time I had over $3000.00 outand no part and no car!! It's not about the $150 bucks its about some rip-off company screwing us honest enthusiasts.Man, all I wanted was to not smoke my next clutch!! If I wanted drama I would have watched a daytime soap opera!!! LOL
Old 10-17-2007, 02:10 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

i want to order something from them, document and record everything, and if i get ****ed with, take them to court

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bad experience with RPM Outlet!