Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can someone help a girl out??

Old 09-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: Can someone help a girl out??

ORIGINAL: offrdmania

ORIGINAL: Derf00

Better yet, go looking on line in your area. Way better than stepping onto a lot looking for something they may not have.

I'm currently looking for just the right 05-06 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE Black or Charcoal with the audio package and captains power seats and chrome trim. I'm being very picky but I'm also not in a big rush. When I find the one I want, I will simply call in advance, let them know what I'm willing to pay for it (reasonable of course) and tell them if they want my business to have the paper work waiting for me when I get there. I already have preapproval from my bank. No GAP insurance, no extra insurance to cover my payments if i can't make the payment, reasonable extended warranty. That's it.

Take your time, do you research. I can tell you tehre are certainly more used mustangs out there than titans!
Quick word of advice, buy an 07 Titan. Up through 06 the truck still had problems with the rearend heat issue, transfer case issues (4x4 models) and the thin brake rotors which warped due to the wrong compound of pad. Everything was worked out in the 07 models.
Not too get too far off track here. I know what you mean. I've done my research. The 05/06 did finallyhave a TSB offered for the brake issue, I have heard of some problems with the transfer case on the 4x4 but I'm not looking for that option and for the rearend issue I know there is a fix for that. I'm willing to make a bit of sacrifice in time to save $7-10K off the price of what a new one would cost and take the truck in for the TSB and switch out the diff cover for the revised one to address the overheating issue.

Around here the dealers were smart, they stopped ordering 07's as soon as the 08's were made available. What's left of 07 are stripped down models or colors I really don't care for (Green, Tan/gold [:'(]) I've found a couple I in the years I'm looking inone dealership hadn't updated their site in two weeks so of course it was old news and the other one "forgot" to disclose it had been in a significant accident (price didn't reflect it). Found it in carfax.

As far as the Stang goes - Make a list of what options you absolutely must have (color and other stuff), what stuff you would like to have but are not deal breakers and determine what you are comfortable paying and what is absolute max. You'll want to start from your comfort level (or even below that). KBB, MSN, and Edmunds will all help you determine how much is reasonable. You can also see what similar cars in your area are selling for.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:19 PM
mightymouse
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FrostByte

stop making multiple posts on the same topic if you really want help.
Chill man i have done the same thing. and i'm sure you have done things like that too.. Shes new just cut her a little slack till she gets used to being on the forum..
Old 09-12-2007, 03:21 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: nkx1

Here is what I would do (and what I did do when I bought mine two months ago):

1. Find the car you want at the price you want, either through newspaper ads or through carsdirect.com. You can also try the Ford website to search the inventory of dealers near you. Then call the dealer ahead of time and verify that they have it in stock and at the price you want. Note the name of the salesperson.

2. Arrange financing ahead of time with your credit union or bank, and get a pre-approval letter. That way, you don't have to put up with the dealer's financing shenanigans, and you will usually get a better rate.

3. Go to the dealer, test drive the car if you like, and get ready to talk numbers. BRING YOUR LAPTOP and have an MS Excelloan calculator spreadsheetready.[/b] The spreadsheet I used had four different loan calculators on the same sheet, so I could compare up to four financing options at once. The dealer will try to confuse you (and even lied to me) about how much different financing options will cost. A loan calculator will thwart their efforts on trying to rip you off and/or confuse you.

4. Agree on a price and buy the car. **Keep in mind that the finance person will try to sell you warranties, etc. The car already has a 5yr/60,000 powertrain warranty, so I would skip any extra warranties they try to sell you. Also, the finance person will try to tack on ridiculoue/extra fees, and will probably try to slip them by you without noticing. Again, this is where your loan calculator will come in very handy to ensure you do not get ripped off. I was able to call them out on more than a few fees they tried to tack on, which I insisted that they remove.

The key tool here is the laptop or PDA with a loan calculator- this will ensure that you do not pay added fees, or worse yet, get screwed somehow on the financing. Also, don’t trade in your old car. Sell it private party. You will probably get twice as much for it.

If anyone needs the Excel spread sheet I was talking about, shoot me a pm with your e-mail and I’ll send it to you. Or you can try google- that’s where I found it.

you forgot #5.. READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU SIGN ANYTHING!

Just because you agree to something verbally doesn't mean when they go to write up the contract they won't "accidently" oopsy something in their favor. People get in a rush when it comes time to sign everything because they're already exhausted or feel they did a good job. Only to get home andrealize they were charged big bucks for stuff they didn't even talk about or already said "no' to.

You can also use calculators that they have available on bankrate . com
Old 09-12-2007, 03:21 PM
frodaddi
1st Gear Member

Get an orange one. Go Tigers!

Kevin (CU 1991)

Old 09-12-2007, 03:37 PM
nkx1
2nd Gear Member

you forgot #5.. READ EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU SIGN ANYTHING!
Just because you agree to something verbally doesn't mean when they go to write up the contract they won't "accidently" oopsy something in their favor. People get in a rush when it comes time to sign everything because they're already exhausted or feel they did a good job. Only to get home andrealize they were charged big bucks for stuff they didn't even talk about or already said "no' to.
You can also use calculators that they have available on bankrate . com
Ahh, very good point! If they promise you anything like floor mats, get that in writing, and read everything! However, the loan calculator (assuming you use it correctly), should protect you from any feable attempts to extract more money out of you.

Make sure you get a decent amount of sleep before you go, and eat a good meal, so you don't get tired/hungry. It sounds lame, but your brain does not work as well under stressed conditions.

Regarding the loan calculators available online, make sure you are able to use them offline as well. The dealership I went to did not have wireless internet, so an onlineloan calculator would have been useless. That's why I opted for an Excel calculator. I felt like kind of a dork when I busted out my laptop, but it literally saved me almost $400 in excess fees (including overcharging sales tax) that I wouldn't have otherwise caught- that almost paid for the cost of the laptop alone lol.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Clemsongirl07

Well I just listed my jeep on auto trader. So if I could out right sell it and not have to trade it in, I could definitely get the 07. So hopefully in the next few weeks I will have a new mustang and I'll put some pics up!
Old 09-12-2007, 03:55 PM
mightymouse
3rd Gear Member

Cool I'm excited for you...
Old 09-12-2007, 03:55 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

For what its worth, check out this link, just another resource to educate yourself on the purchase you are about to venture into......Ive used this site a lot myself, plus having a husband who works for Ford has its perks too!!!

http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/

IMO......go for the 07 or 08, you might get better incentives and interest rates, you just never know!!!!

Gool luck girl and happy shopping!!!!! [sm=happy046.gif]
Old 09-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Clemsongirl07

Ok thanks I definitely will check out that site!
Old 09-12-2007, 04:12 PM
pachary
1st Gear Member

You are also looking for a car at the end of the model year. Once you get past August, you are definately stuck with what is out there. We bought our 06 Roush Sport Vert in Sept of 06. The only reason we got the Roush was there were NO 06 5sp Vert GTs available. We saved enough on the 0 percent to justify getting the Roush over ordering a new 07 and paying interest!

PAul

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can someone help a girl out??