Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang A "Girl Car"

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 08:55 AM
marguerite66
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang A "Girl Car"

I had some fun with this debate on a cross country trip a couple weeks ago. Shortly into the trip, my friend says that the Mustang has become a girls car. This bothered me even though I'm a woman driving a Mustang. So I did start noticing a lot of girls driving Mustangs but they were V6. So we started betting every time we'd come up on a Mustang if it was a guy or girl based on V6 or GT, color with or without stripes, mods, Cobras, how fast they were driving, etc..Most of the time the girls were in the V6 or GT with pastel colors and no mods or stripes and they were driving slower. We also noticed that it varied from state to state. The funniest part was when we came up on a tractor trailer that represented a company called Mustang Express and had 2 running ponies on the door. As we pass by we look over and it was a woman driving the tractor trailer!
Old 09-30-2007, 12:47 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Puckhog407

I was unaware that there were cars exclusive to either gender. Useless post. I want my 54 seconds back.
Uh, so you think men want to own a Porche Boxster? A Miata? A base Caravan? A VW Jetta?[]

I know it depends a lot on the color, but seriously... there are men's and women's cars and the S197 coupe, in any color, is a MAN'S CAR!
Vert... might be another story...
Old 09-30-2007, 11:44 AM
poohflingr
2nd Gear Member

Honestly I don't care who's drivin' a stang as long as they know how to drive it. I saw a guy here in San Antonio yesterday at the moviesin an 05'+ GT and every time he shifted it sounded like the tranny was falling out of the bottom of the car. Was it bad driving or a lack of maintenance, who knows. The same night I saw a female in a GT eat an evo of the line at a stop light. When she got the hole shot on him "evoboy" nutted up and missed a shift! So call the stang what you will, girl car, guy car. If you can't drive it, you shouldn't!
Old 09-30-2007, 11:47 AM
nobrakes
2nd Gear Member

I think as long as the vert is black,alloy, vista blue, gray,grabber orange,yellowor red its a mans vert.The baby blue looks like a girls car and I am yet to see a man driving one. Also the white with tan /green with tanIhave only seen old ladies driving them around Ny.Sorry if I am being biased, but we were all brought up to be different :PVerts are cool for summer when you live in NY and can't use the stang in the winter at all ><
Old 09-30-2007, 12:18 PM
MetalMech
1st Gear Member

I steal the hubby's car all the time. I eventually want one of my own cause I love the rush of power asI blast off in 2nd! I drive a Ford Ranger, stick, as a daily driver andhave my Pontiac Grand Am as my good car. But, I'm always wishing I was in the mustang. One day...

Howdy to all the chicks that drive Mustangs!!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:42 AM
ajc
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 300GT

ORIGINAL: ajc

ORIGINAL: 300GT

Here in the 'burbs of Philly, I see mostly girls driving V6's, mostly guys driving GT's and Cobras, and mostly idiots driving Civics and 350Z's.
Hey I live in the Philly burbs and I traded my 2006 Civic coupe in for an 2007 GT. Had the GT for a several days and had the clunking in the front suspension. I gave the GT back to the dealer and now I have my non clunkingCivic. You should not be calling anyone an idiot.[:@]
My apologies. You must be the one Civic not plastered with AEM stickers and a fart can muffler not trying to bait me into racing on the morning commute. Curious as to why you're still posting ona Mustang site after you got rid of the Mustang. Do you miss it already...
Yes I do miss the GT but could not put up with the clunking front suspension noise. I will wait to purchasethe 2009 Camaro. The Mustang is a hot car.