Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anyone expalin why

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 08:12 AM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Default Can anyone expalin why

Why are the prices of axleback exhaust going up so quickly now?

I finally decided I wanted to buy Corsa axlebacksafter debating for about 1 year.

About 4 weeks ago I saw them on LMPerformance for $612 shipped. Still hadn't decided 100% though.

About 2 weeks ago, they had gone up to $699 shipped! The best price I saw at that time was $648 at Brenspeed shipped. I checked Brenspeed last night and they were up to $699!!! Now I have to wait or reconsider...

Does anyone know what is going on????

Is it just with Corsas? Will the prices go down?

Thank for any insight or help.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:16 AM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Can anyone expalin why

It took you a year to decide if you wanted axle backs?

I have always thought the corsa's were crazy expensive. But from what i hear they are the best as far as sound and quality. The extra $50 really shouldnt make you change your mind. It is something you do once, and dont have to worry about it ever again. If you look at it like that you should have no problem buying them.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:19 AM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Its because the number ofMODDERS who own S197s is increasing, thanks to new cars and, most importantly, the non-modders trading in their S197s and the modders buying them used.

It will beseveral years before prices drop on small items and big ones like superchargers etc.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:44 AM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

$700 for axlebacks???!!!

I paid $670 for my Borla stinger catbacks, and I thought that was high.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:57 AM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

They have gone up almost $100 in 4 weeks!!!

Is this normal? Have they gone up before and then come down? I know the Corsas were always a bit more expensive but $90 - $100 does make a difference to me. Is this a case of "He who hesitates is lost?"
[&o]
Old 09-13-2007, 09:01 AM
QatarStang
4th Gear Member

Shouldve bought them a year ago.....
Old 09-13-2007, 09:04 AM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

Honestly, i dont know how far you are planning on going with modding and all that, but look at it this way:

A set of BBK Longtube headers +o/r X pipe will cost you about $650 from lmperformance. Now, this is cheaper than the corse a/b's and it is a very good mod. Not only will you get a MEAN sounding car, you will see significant performance gains too!

Now if you dont want to do full exhaust type work i suggest you look around a bit. I have the BBK headers + midpipe and LOVE it. I also have cheap ($250?) Flowmaster axel backs and love them too! Id love to have a nice set of corsa's but in reality $600 + for something that gives no gains, just sound, is crazy to me. The flowmasters i have sound great!

There are plenty of axel backs out there that have been proven a good buy by many memebr on these forums. And most im sure are under $300.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:42 AM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Longtubes instead of axlebacks, and with a new tune, will actually get you a nice performance gain even with the stock mufflers. And will sound mean with the stock mufflers. Yes, definately look into that.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:10 AM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the feedback on options. Here's my goal/plans if it will help:

I was really set on the Corsas. I don't want anything very loud and am not looking for HP - just a sound that is more aggressive than stock and no drone - plus nice looking 4" tips and sleek design. Not planning any other performance mods either. Just disappointed that after considering this since I got the car about 1 year ago and finally making a decision, the cost went up $100 in one month on these.

Just wondering if I should wait to see if they come down again - do the prices fluctuate? If not, and I really want these,I will bite the bullet. Just really surprised the price would go up so much in just 1 month!

btw - my other options were the Borla GTAs or Bassani Stainless Steel. Just really liked the look of the Corsas - they look smaller and sleeker than these.

Oh well - any additional suggestions, opinions(or consolation) are appreciated. Thanks again.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:35 AM
s2k
5th Gear Member

I have never heard corsas in person so i cannot comment on the TRUE sound not online clips. For 700 bones I just doubt its that great ya know what I mean. I bought exhuast so my ears could bleed and I would loose hearing at a earlier age. I want to be scared around police lighty tapping the right pedal wondering if johnny law is going to get me this time. For "Slighty louder idle and great sound at WOT" I don't think its worth it. Maybe one day Ill hear them in person. Best exhuast period pypes mid mufflers. They are real system not some end pipe with a muffler deleted or with it at the end.
For 299 too.

Quick Reply: Can anyone expalin why