Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wife wrecked the stang, probably totalled

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 05:48 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

Default RE: wife wrecked the stang, probably totalled

glad ur wife is ok...
Old 09-13-2007, 05:58 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

Glad your wife's ok and hope everything works out, and atleast you get a new stang
Old 09-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

"I didn't wrecked yet but close. And no, no signal. It's not gonna help anyhow the way the SOB took my lane. There was no curb so my wheels went on the grass a little in order to avoid him.
After I cooled off, I realizedthat if it would have been an accident, I'm the one who would got the ticket for rear ending the idiot. It's my word against his right? "

well if you had witnesses, who would back your story, and if the damage was to the right front fender/bumper it would prove that he cut you off and actually hit you. If there is damage to the front of your bumper and the rear of his car (around the middle) it would show that he was already in your lane and you rear ended him.

Also the car you drive could give the officer the suspicion that you were speeding.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:08 PM
nymustangGT

Glad your wife is ok . And yes from my understanding to be insured by USAA you have to do military service . In regards to the driver trying to hit you up with a lawsuit it will be covered by the insurance company if you have the right coverages .
Old 09-13-2007, 06:09 PM
nkx1
2nd Gear Member

Why do cops have to give you a ticket for getting into a rear-endaccident? That's absolutely ridiculous. It's an accident, nothing more. The only reason someone should get a ticket for rear-ending someone is if it can be proven that they did it on purpose. Stupid cop, s/he just made the situation worse for those involved.

One more reason I dislike the the function of traffic cops. Just another way for the city to make a buck I suppose.

Very glad to hear your wife is ok. Why is your stang only worth $9k? Is it a 2005 V6 or something?
Old 09-13-2007, 06:11 PM
FlaPony
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01harleydude

most importantly she is fine and walked away unscratched. just a red mark from the seatbelt.

heavy morning rush hour traffic about 35-40 mph and some jackazz 2 cars up locks his brakes up for no reason the car in front of my wife locked her brakes up. so my wife locks hers up and hits the car that was behind the jackazz. other chicks car was a toyota solara. its bumper fell off. very minimal damage. she was fine too. didnt complain of any injuries and signed a form with the EMS saying she was fine.

my wifes front end is all messed up. both airbags deployed, front bumper, hood, both front quater panels, headlights all are damaged. looked under the hood and the radiator, fan and all that crap is pushed back into the motor. i guess the crumple zones worked. its only worth $9 grand so i think its safe to say there is over $6 grand in damage. no biggie, the car can be replaced. already looking at 07 GTs.

so the chick was making small talk with my wife and asked what my wife does. (accountant) so later on today she goes to the hospital. i hope she isnt trying to get some money out of us just because she thinks my wife is rich or something. keep you fingers crossed for me.

on a side note USAA has been awesome and treated us well. we got a chrysler 300 for a rental until we can get this all sorted out. should know by tuesday if the stang is totalled or not.[/align]
Same thing would have happened to my wife...silicone would have been everywhere...airbags, I thought you said funbags
Sorry to here your cars messed up, but if you can upgrade to an '07 GT then maybe this was a good thing. Glad your wife is OK.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:25 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: Dennis074.0

"I didn't wrecked yet but close. And no, no signal. It's not gonna help anyhow the way the SOB took my lane. There was no curb so my wheels went on the grass a little in order to avoid him.
After I cooled off, I realizedthat if it would have been an accident, I'm the one who would got the ticket for rear ending the idiot. It's my word against his right? "

well if you had witnesses, who would back your story, and if the damage was to the right front fender/bumper it would prove that he cut you off and actually hit you. If there is damage to the front of your bumper and the rear of his car (around the middle) it would show that he was already in your lane and you rear ended him.

Also the car you drive could give the officer the suspicion that you were speeding.

Dennis, thanks for the input and all.
I'll just install a spy camera on the visor.
I never caused a wreck, made a ding in someone's car in 25 years of driving, and I don't drive like grand pa, ya know. I just use common sense.
Sadly, it doesn't keep me from getting hit here in Orlando(This town sucks). 2 red light runs and a stop sign run. That's 3, I should be OK now, 2 totaled cars later... The next guy that run into me again will get a knuckle sandwich!
Old 09-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

no problem.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:57 PM
PsyDoc

ORIGINAL: nkx1

Why do cops have to give you a ticket for getting into a rear-endaccident? That's absolutely ridiculous. It's an accident, nothing more. The only reason someone should get a ticket for rear-ending someone is if it can be proven that they did it on purpose. Stupid cop, s/he just made the situation worse for those involved.

One more reason I dislike the the function of traffic cops. Just another way for the city to make a buck I suppose.

Very glad to hear your wife is ok. Why is your stang only worth $9k? Is it a 2005 V6 or something?
An accident only means that the result was not intentional...BUT, a person's behavior facilitated the outcome, so a person is still responsible and held accountable for the accident. The word "accident" unfortunately has become synonomous with "I'm not responsible" which is B.S. Let's say that you glance down to check out the newspaper (playboy, playgirl, hot rod, or whatever) in your lap. As you do that, the driver in front of you turns on the blinker and slows down. By the time you look up, you are not able to stop in time and you rear-end the other car. You did not rear-end the other car intentionally, it was an accident that occurred due to your inattention.

01harleydude: Glad you wife walked away and appears to be alright. She will likely be sore in the next couple of days, though. Based on your account, the other woman sounds like she is looking to make a quick buck. Sucks that society tolerates this behavior with a sense of entitlement attitude.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:08 PM
T8Stanggt
3rd Gear Member

when i had my impala i rear ended a lady who was changing lanes, stomped on her brakes to avoid rear ending a bus in front of her. the lane i was in was a lane to go straight while she was in a turning lane trying to get in my lane i rear ended her and we didnt bother calling the cops i knew i would get stuck even though she did the swoop and squat on me...I got F#%ed. only my left headlight and a part of my hood were effected on the left side...do you think due to the circumstances i should have called the cops? she was in the middle of two lanes when she braked in front of me.

Quick Reply: wife wrecked the stang, probably totalled