Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wife wrecked the stang, probably totalled

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 04:15 PM
01harleydude
2nd Gear Member

Default wife wrecked the stang, probably totalled

most importantly she is fine and walked away unscratched. just a red mark from the seatbelt.

heavy morning rush hour traffic about 35-40 mph and some jackazz 2 cars up locks his brakes up for no reason the car in front of my wife locked her brakes up. so my wife locks hers up and hits the car that was behind the jackazz. other chicks car was a toyota solara. its bumper fell off. very minimal damage. she was fine too. didnt complain of any injuries and signed a form with the EMS saying she was fine.

my wifes front end is all messed up. both airbags deployed, front bumper, hood, both front quater panels, headlights all are damaged. looked under the hood and the radiator, fan and all that crap is pushed back into the motor. i guess the crumple zones worked. its only worth $9 grand so i think its safe to say there is over $6 grand in damage. no biggie, the car can be replaced. already looking at 07 GTs.

so the chick was making small talk with my wife and asked what my wife does. (accountant) so later on today she goes to the hospital. i hope she isnt trying to get some money out of us just because she thinks my wife is rich or something. keep you fingers crossed for me.

on a side note USAA has been awesome and treated us well. we got a chrysler 300 for a rental until we can get this all sorted out. should know by tuesday if the stang is totalled or not.[/align]
Old 09-13-2007, 04:17 PM
cmschlatt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: wife wrecked the stang, probably totalled

if the other driver signed a release form with ems, then you should be ok. good luck with everything and sorry about the crash
Old 09-13-2007, 04:19 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Glad your wife is OK. That is why you have insurance. They'll take care of the other chick one way or the other. She could have whiplash. Somethings don't show up until you get home and stiffen up.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:27 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

who did the officer say was at fault
If the officer says the other "chick" then your good
glad everyones fine
Old 09-13-2007, 04:29 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude

who did the officer say was at fault
If the officer says the other "chick" then your good
glad everyones fine

99.99999% of the time, it will be blamed on the person behind. Following too close, etc. No way to prove otherwise.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:33 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Although, I don't trust Insurance companies too much, I have to say that USAA is the best one out there (with The Hartford). Don't ever ditch them.
They might not total your car either cause they'll probably use after market parts. 30/40 mph is plenty speed to get seriously hurt if you don't have time to decelerate. Glad your wife's OK.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:37 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

Glad to hear that your wife is ok, sorry about the stang, but it can be replaced. I have been a member of USAA for almost25 years, they're the best
Old 09-13-2007, 04:46 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: mdg

Glad to hear that your wife is ok, sorry about the stang, but it can be replaced. I have been a member of USAA for almost25 years, they're the best

Do you need anything special to be insured by them ? I need to bail from Allstate. They're ripping me off and I have a perfect record.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:48 PM
01harleydude
2nd Gear Member

yep wife got a ticket for careless driving. added insult to injury. he didnt cite her for reckless driving though, which would have been alot worse he said. he was very understanding. that stretch of road has the same type wreck at least twice a week.

99/100 the person who did the rear ending is gonna get a ticket, no matteer what happened. thats just how it is.....
Old 09-13-2007, 04:49 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Glad she is ok, look at the bright side, a new car is in your future

Quick Reply: wife wrecked the stang, probably totalled